PDA

View Full Version : Meet Bugsy

clara4457
06-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Meet Bugsy, my latest foster. Bugsy is a 2 year old American Eskimo Dog who was surrendered to us because he was growling and snapping at the two toddlers in the home. When we went to evaluate him, we found a very stressed and anxious dog. The family was wonderful, but the chaotic atmosphere with 2 toddlers and an at home business was just too much for Bugsy.

The minute I got him to my house, he totally turned around. He is a sweet, loving, playful dog who loves playing fetch, running around in the back yard and just hanging out with people. He loves playing in the back yard with Leo - the two of them run from one side to the other chasing each other (and wearing themselves out). He is a little nervous meeting new people, but comes around very quickly once he knows you. He has the typical small dog syndrome of barking at you to make himself feel bigger, but if you ignore him for about 5 minutes - he becomes your best friend.

Since he is a small dog, he will probably be adopted pretty quickly, so I thought I would post some pictures of him while he is still with me. I will miss him when he is adopted, but I know we can find him a great home.

http://www.buffalocan.org/images/Bugsy_sm.jpg
http://www.buffalocan.org/images/Bugsy4.jpg
http://www.buffalocan.org/images/Bugsy6.jpg
http://www.buffalocan.org/images/Bugsy8.jpg

DogLover9501
06-26-2005, 12:32 PM
He's adorable!

I hope he finds his furr-ever home soon :)

Jamieejo85
06-26-2005, 12:33 PM
What a beautiful dog, I hope he finds his forever home soon!:)

elizabethann
06-26-2005, 12:33 PM
What a cutie pie. I hope he goes to a loving home. It's so nice of you to foster him. On behalf of Bugsy, thank you.

lizbud
06-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Looks like a sweet little guy.:) I can really understand how
a chaotic home would stress him out. I'll bet he is loving a calmer
household away from all that noise. It's great that he does get
along with other dogs. :D

Ginger's Mom
06-26-2005, 01:07 PM
He is adorable. :D Eskies are timid dogs and really do get nervous around young children. It is mostly just posturing, but it is the reason for a fair amount of the surrenders. :( Thank you so much for rescuing Bugsy. I am sure he is happy to be with you, and I know that you will find him a great new home.

luvofallhorses
06-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh my gosh! What a sweet little guy! :) Thanks for taking him in and fostering him! :D I am sure of it he'll get a great forever home! :D

crsvstang
06-26-2005, 01:14 PM
He is a cutie! I hope you find his new forever home soon!

IRescue452
06-26-2005, 01:18 PM
What a sweetie. Too bad about the wrong atmosphere. I hope he finds a good forever home.

cyber-sibes
06-26-2005, 01:46 PM
What a cute little guy! i'm sure he won't be "wanting" for a fur-ever home too long!

clara4457
06-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Looks like a sweet little guy.:) I can really understand how
a chaotic home would stress him out. I'll bet he is loving a calmer
household away from all that noise. It's great that he does get
along with other dogs. :D

You know, I love the Humane Societies and the SPCA's, but one thing they don't do well is matching dogs with people. I totally understand that they don't have the resources, but had we not stepped in, Bugsy would have been euthanized because he had a bite history. He is a great dog that needs the right home. With the right home - he will be happy and live his life in comfort. I feel bad for all the dogs that don't make it past the initial behavior assessment - they could live well in the right environment, but are not necessarily good in the average pet home.

It is huge that Bugsy gets along with most other dogs. It makes him much more adoptable. A fellow rescue organization is sending me an application for a woman who is elderly and needs a dog for company. She didn't feel like any of her current dogs up for adoption was a good fit so she is forwarding this woman's information to me. Just goes to show you how important it is to work together. Another thing I don't think the corporate shelters do well. They would rather see this woman adopt an inappropriate dog than forward her information on to a rescue group. JMHO

captain
06-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Clara,
Good on you for rescuing him, and helping him find the home he deserves.
{{{hugs}}}

Oggyflute
06-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Bugsy is a real cutie, You will most likely find him a home pretty quickly.:)

gemini9961
06-27-2005, 01:24 AM
Best wishes on finding him a great home, he sure is cute.

RobiLee
06-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Bugsy is adorable and I wish him all the best

clara4457
07-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Busgy got a home!!!!! :D

Bugsy is going to live with a wonderful woman who is going to take Bugsy hiking and camping on the weekends. I am thrilled with the match and am looking forward to the "exchange" tomorrow.

gemini9961
07-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Congrats and yay for Bugsy. :)

Kfamr
07-16-2005, 11:13 PM
I hadn't seen this before!
Bless you Clara for leading Bugsy to a forever home. :) You're an angel.

Bugsy looks like a sweet dog.

p.s. Kiara sends Leo some kisses. ;)

lizbud
07-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Well, big congratulations Bugsy.:D and you too Clara.:)

I hope all goes well with the handover & Bugsy has the great
life he deserves. Bless you Clara for fostering him.:)

ps. How is Barney doing?

Ginger's Mom
07-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Yay for Bugsy, and Yay for you! :) Thanks again for helping to give this handsome little boy a second chance.

clara4457
07-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
ps. How is Barney doing?

Barney is doing great. I have decided to keep him with me. He is 10 years old and has some special needs, so I think it would be best if he stayed here. I've got him on some supplements and food to ease his arthritis and he seems to be a great deal more comfortable. He spends most of his time laying on his bed (or mine and just hanging out. He doesn't have long on this earth, and I want to make sure his remaining years are happy and healthy. He is also getting along with Penny Lane now(I guess she just needed to get used to him) and of course him and Leo love playing together.

Cincy'sMom
07-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Congrats to you and Bugsy!! I'm glad he has found the perfect home!

cocker_luva
07-17-2005, 02:08 PM
so so so cute

Kfamr
07-17-2005, 10:54 PM
I know this is a thread on Bugsy, but I wanted to comment on Barney.

Gosh, could you be anymore wonderful? Barney sure has hit gold with you, how great of you to give him a loving home.:)

wolfsoul
07-18-2005, 10:35 AM
What a cutie. :) I hope he finds a good home soon.