PDA

View Full Version : Graham's LAST P.T. session, and he's going to be a star!!!

AdoreMyDogs
02-13-2002, 08:24 PM
Well today was his final day. Our struggle with this whole mess is finally coming to an end. Other then the "homework" I have to do at home (at home, P.T. will continue for another 2-3 weeks) but today was his final day at the animal rehab center.

It was a bitter-sweet "goodbye" at the clinic today. Graham touched the therapists, techs and office workers more then I thought. I knew they all loved him, as they were SO excited about his arrivial every morning, and they were sad to see him go after his sessions...they often kept him behind the reception desk for a few hours in the morning until the physical therapists arrived at work. They loved him SO much, more then I thought they did. A total of 7 people crowded around, saying goodbye to Graham and several people actually cried. They begged me to bring him back soon just to visit. They went above and beyond what I would have ever expected from ANY vet clinic, and they fell in love with Graham, just as I did when I first set eyes on that beautiful face of his. I walked out of the clinic shedding tears of joy, but also of sadness, because I know Graham is going to HATE being home alone now.

And, as if my opinions of them all were not high enough, the manager of the rehab facility rushed up to me so excited about something...she said, "GUESS WHAT??? We finished filming our commercial and we put Graham in it...wanna see it????" I had to catch my breath...my baby in a COMMERCIAL??? She ran and got the tape and popped it in their TV/VCR and I watched all the dogs that they were showing in the commercial and then they did a shot of MY GRAHAM IN THE UNDERWATER TREDMILL!!!!! It is going to air on Animal Planet sometime next week :D :D :D

I asked them for a copy of the tape so I can see my baby over and over :) Now I know JUST what those parents of all the actors in the commercials must feel. It's just an advertisment, but to see your baby on TV is a special feeling. I have never had anything like this happen to me (other then Graham making it to Dog Of The Day on Halloween) and I just feel so blessed. This WAS a terrible experience but it has all ended well.

I have no idea how I could get that VHS tape digital. If anyone has any ideas please share. I don't even have a VCR that is working but I could always watch the commercial at my moms house since her VCR works.

Thank you everyone, from the very bottom of my heart, for all the love and support you provided me through this whole ordeal. I love you all SO much :)

aly
02-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Wow, is it airing on Animal Planet everywhere, or is it one of those local commercials they stick in? Are they just airing it once? I would really love to see it!

Congrats to the sweet, beautiful star, Graham!

AdoreMyDogs
02-13-2002, 08:53 PM
I think it's just local, because the ARC (Animal Rehabilation Center) is in Michigan and I think they are airing it to get more clientel (sp?).

I will try to tape it on Tivo to get it digital...and if I can, with my hubby's help I may be able to get it on a website so you will get a glimpse of Graham strutting his stuff in the water :) They don't show him for long (believe it or not, it's not a commercial just for him :D ) but you can see him for a moment :) It probablly means more to me then anyone else, but it sure does mean alot to me.

I don't know if the commercial will air just once. I would think they will probablly try to air it more often, but it may be just a one time thing.

AmberLee
02-13-2002, 08:58 PM
Wow! I hope he won't snub us when he becomes a star!!! ;) :D

It does seem like some good is coming out of this ordeal. I don't get Animal Planet, but I'm so excited for you. Wish I did get it ... We knew him when! ;) :D

You must be so pleased that he's done so well in P.T., also. Congratulations. I'm pleased for you.

LoudLou
02-13-2002, 09:13 PM
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/person/cheering.gif

Yeah for Graham!!!!!!!!! I am so happy everything is going to turn out ok... and now He's gonna be a STAR!!! Well, we always knew he was bound for greatness, huh?;) :D .......Louie wants to know if he gives autographs?;) :D

lizbud
02-13-2002, 09:17 PM
WOW, what's next for Graham baby ?

I hope when he's feeling tip-top that he can
continue to meet & enchant more people with
his Sweetness & love of life !!! Maybe a therapy
dog ? Graham is a genuine Love Muffin and a
'people' kind of dog...

Hugs and Kisses from Liz & Buddy ; we are so proud
of You !!!

Cinder & Smoke
02-13-2002, 09:19 PM
TV *Star*, huh Graham?

Didja wow em wiff you're famous :D*SMILE*:D?

Or was it you're *award winning* Dawgie Stroke inna pool?

I think we're a liddel jellus! ;)

jackiesdaisy1935
02-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Wow, Graham a STAR in our midst., you have always been a star in our eyes, now the whole world will know you. Congratulations I know your Mom is so happy to see her baby in that commercial.
Wish we could see it too. Hugs and kisses
Daisy, Perry and me.

Logan
02-13-2002, 10:05 PM
I am not a bit surprised that the folks at the clinic fell in love with him, Leslie. Rachel did when he stayed with her, and I will never tire of seeing those pictures at her house, with Hannah and Tucker.

Yeah for Graham, our newest star!!! I do hope we can see him in the commercial, no matter how long he is featured!! Congratulations!!!

Hug that sweet boy for me, please. :) I'm so glad he's better.

Logan

Gio
02-14-2002, 04:33 AM
It's no surprise to me that the staff at the clinic fell in love with Graham! How could you not, that beautiful smile of his would conquer anyone!

I'd love to see Graham in that commercial, but I don't think they'll show it over here :( , until Graham is going to be an inernational star that is :D

Well done Graham!

auggie
02-14-2002, 06:17 AM
Yeah Graham!!!!!
You were a STAR already, way before the commercial.
We all love you http://www.plauder-smilies.de/kiss.gif

Sudilar
02-14-2002, 06:56 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, MR. GRAHAM!!!!! Wow, our first tv star!!!!!!!! Of course they loved you. Who wouldn't? I would love to see the commercial. Maybe we'll get it in Illinois. Way to go, Graham!!!!!!!!:cool:

purrley
02-14-2002, 07:35 AM
Dear Sweet Graham - you are and will always be a STAR in all of our hearts. You've come a long way baby, and we'll continue to root, and pray and cheer you along as you continue on your journey to complete recovery. Leslie, you're a shining STAR along with your sweet Graham and I'm so happy that you've been able to get some bitter sweet moments out of this whole ordeal. Sounds like you've had some great experiences, met some wonderful people and have become closer to your sweet boy than anyone could believe possible. Thank you for sharing with us the trials and the victories of your experience. We all love ya;)

Pam
02-14-2002, 08:29 AM
Leslie I agree with Augie. Graham was a star way before all of this! I am so excited for you both and look forward to hearing when this commercial will be aired. Bella and I will be sitting in front of the TV waiting! Who knows, his next commercial spot may be for a toothpaste commercial! After all he does have the most dazzling smile! Lots of love to you both!

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-14-2002, 10:05 AM
How exciting! I am sure your Mommy is so proud of you, Graham boy! She as well as every one at Pet Talk have been very proud of you even before your TV debut!

Leslie, maybe you can let us know around what time they will air the commercial. I would love to tune in and see Graham on the underwater treadmill.

Hugs to Graham for Drake and I.

Dixieland Dancer
02-14-2002, 11:10 AM
May I please have your PAW PRINT now that you are a celebrity Graham?

We already knew you were a Wonder Dog so this is just icing on your magnificent cake! We LOVE you Mr. Super Star Wonder Dog! :D :D :D

thelmalu99
02-14-2002, 03:21 PM
Oh, congratulations, sweet Graham!!
I'm also not surprised that everyone fell in love with you. How could anyone not?
You're a beautiful and brave boy and we love you!

Thelma, Elvis
Danny and Yertle :)

Albea
02-14-2002, 04:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GRAHAM !!!
We know that being a STAR is not going to change you ;) You will always be the sweet, smiling, and brave boy we all learned to love.
Hugs and kisses on Valentine's day from Alicia and Carina.

Kfamr
02-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Leslie, im so happy everything is going well with Graham. The first day i saw his picture on that banner Aly made, i fell in love and i have since then been in love.

Oh yeah Simba is jealous, Graham is getting all of the girls.:( :p

RachelJ
02-14-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
Graham touched the therapists, techs and office workers more then I thought. I knew they all loved him, as they were SO excited about his arrivial every morning, and they were sad to see him go after his sessions...they often kept him behind the reception desk for a few hours in the morning until the physical therapists arrived at work. They loved him SO much, more then I thought they did. A total of 7 people crowded around, saying goodbye to Graham and several people actually cried. They begged me to bring him back soon just to visit. They went above and beyond what I would have ever expected from ANY vet clinic, and they fell in love with Graham

Of course they did. To meet Graham is to love Graham. I've known a lot of wonderful dogs in my life, but Graham is unique. He has a way of making the person (or dog) he is with feel so special. It's more than being a friendly dog. The only way I can describe it is to say, Graham has charisma.

We are so glad the struggle is ending and that Graham, Dan and Leslie have prevailed inspite of adversity.

sabies
02-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Way to go Graham! You deserve stardom after all you've been through and because you're so cute!

kobieeli
02-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Graham just oozes "specialness"--and now he's a TV star! Fantastic!

Kobie and Eli are bowing down and chanting "We're not worthy, we're not worthy..." :D

tatsxxx11
02-17-2002, 11:30 AM
Leslie, I couldn't believe your post when I read it! The other day I was watching the local Boston news. When I looked up, there was a shot of a doggie, paws paddling away, on an underwater treadmill! I thought it was Graham!!!!!!! Really!!!!!!!! Seems a larger vet. hospital nearby has set up a doggie PT clinic, providing massage therapy, accupressure, hydortherapy, for post op, arthritic, senior pupsters etc. just like at "Graham's Place!" Then, the next night, I had a dream that Graham was making a commercial for this clinic!! Honest!!!!!! When I read that he actually WAS, I nearly passed out! Graham, if anything good could possibly have come from this horrible event, maybe it is that you will be the spokes doggie for such wonderful centers, helping to provide this much needed, wonderful service to animals on the mend! I just know you are going to be this HUGE STAR!!! Grahamster, you sure are SUPER DUPER in every way. I am SO honored call you my friend, and to be able to say "I knew you when!!";)

sammi
02-17-2002, 11:50 AM
I believe you Sandra. A few times things like that have happened to me also but you almost hate to tell anybody because you know they don't really believe you.
It is so neat that Graham is a star but them again he always has been.;)

tatsxxx11
02-19-2002, 05:46 PM
Just wondering if you got to see the commercial Leslie!!!!

AdoreMyDogs
02-19-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Just wondering if you got to see the commercial Leslie!!!!

Unfortunately, it appears not to be airing in my area :( It's through the local cable company and there is a certain area where it airs, and my area is not one of them :( But the rehab center is going to send me a VHS tape in a few days, so at least I will have a non-digital copy of it :)

Being that my VCR dosen't work, I will only be able to watch it at my moms house, but that's OK.

pepper636
02-24-2002, 12:04 PM
I am so glad Graham is doing so well. Is he all muscled up again? I've been gone for so long and was wondering how Graham was doing.

AdoreMyDogs
02-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by pepper636
I am so glad Graham is doing so well. Is he all muscled up again? I've been gone for so long and was wondering how Graham was doing.

Hi Pepper. I have missed you. How's LD doing?

Graham is doing much better. He is doing pretty good considering his disability. It's harder on my husband and I then it is on Graham. He's so much slower and he will always limp and walk a little different, but he's so resiliant.

Thanks for asking about him.

We got the VHS tape of the commercial today :)

pepper636
02-24-2002, 11:54 PM
LD is doing well. I took some pictures today. See if you can get stills of the VCR and post them.

How far is Auburn Hills MI from Valparaiso, IN, do you know? If it's not too far, I would love to meet Graham and have you meet LD.

AdoreMyDogs
02-25-2002, 05:51 AM
I'll look on a map today and let you know :) I would love that as well!

mugsy
02-25-2002, 07:51 AM
Congrats to Graham on being finished with PT!! I'm sure you're glad too. I hope Graham doesn't get too big of a head when he becomes a star!!