PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats just "disappear?"

CalliesMom
06-25-2005, 10:02 PM
My husband "Mr. I hate cats" comes into the bedroom a couple of nights ago at 2 AM asking me if I know where Callie is because he can't find her. He said he's looked all over the place for her and he cannot find her...again, "Mr. I hate cats." :rolleyes: I kind of open an eye, lean over, and don't see her in the tent...then, of course, she is in the cat eating fish bed. "Check the fish bed.." "Oh okay..she's fine." He turns the light back off and closes the door. :rolleyes: ;)

Our house is small, so if the cats hide, Whisper is under the dining room table, Shadow is under the bed, and Callie hides under the end table or in the tent or fish bed. They aren't too difficult to find. :)

rg_girlca
06-25-2005, 11:23 PM
That is PRICELESS. :)

Snicker, snicker. "Mr. I hate cats guy."

Dasha
06-25-2005, 11:39 PM
hehe...that's so cute...makes me think of my hubby...when he thinks I am not looking or listening...I hear him baby talk our kitty...Caught in the act! ;)

manda_moo87
06-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Sounds like my Dad. ;)

furrykidsmother
06-26-2005, 08:57 AM
How sweet! I know most of the hiding places for our 4, but every now and then they come up with a new place and just "disappear".

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-26-2005, 09:03 AM
PRICELESS!!!

Our cats do that all the time!! With Inka it is a bit easier, because she just cannot resist answering ;) , but Maya?:rolleyes: . She can sit under a bush right were we stand, and not make a single sound for hours. She is a master in the disappearing act!! We sometimes call her our little HOUDINI!!

catmandu
06-26-2005, 09:12 AM
When the Contracter,came,to inspect,the Basement,we found,the hiding spot,Of Moose The Magnificent,in a Little Cubby Hole,tha he can barely fit into.
If it was not for that
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture402.jpg
The Moose.would have had a Spot,where I never could have found him,in a lifetime,of looking!

chocolatepuppy
06-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Mine tend to 'disapear' sometimes, mostly Missy and sometimes I have a hard time finding her. She will not come if you call her either, not to her name or kitty, kitty. ;) Sooner or later I find her hiding place. :)

kuhio98
06-26-2005, 12:26 PM
That's so cute!
Halo and Cammie are always easy to find. They really are creatures of habit. Pepper seems to choose a new place each day. Perhaps we should have a thread for sleeping "Place of the Day". :D

moosmom
06-26-2005, 05:52 PM
LilEli is the MASTER of disappearing in my house. But, I didn't figure that out till WAY later when I REALLY couldn't find him. Turns out he climbed up into a drawer of my dresser from the back without oepning it!! :eek: I almost had heart failure when I pulled the drawer open, and he ran!!! :eek:

MooShoo is USUALLY a lump in my bed covers, or under the down throw on my couch. I have to be very careful where I plop my fat butt, without looking to see if the "lump" moves. If it does, it's either Moo or Maya Linn.

Mollie Rose's favorite spot is on the top of the refrigerator.

slick
06-26-2005, 06:17 PM
:D :D Isn't it always the way?

I have an embarrassing thing to admit.....one day I was cleaning house and when I was done, I put away the vaccum and closed the closet doors and spent some time on the 'puter. An hour later I can't find Max. I looked absolutely everywhere...how can you lose a cat in a 1150 sq ft. condo?? :confused: Sure enough, I got a brain wave and opened my bedroom closet door. There he was asleep on my shoes. Even though he looked quite comfortable and didn't want to be disturbed, I profusley apologized to him and promised never to lock him in the closet again. :o

IRescue452
06-26-2005, 11:03 PM
All cats disappear at certain times of day. They go to a secret take-over-the-world-and-rule-the-human-race meeting. If ever you are missing a cat you know they are off plotting, thats why they always have an innocent look when they come out after you've been searching for half an hour! :D

Sarah_Atkinson
06-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by IRescue452
All cats disappear at certain times of day. They go to a secret take-over-the-world-and-rule-the-human-race meeting. If ever you are missing a cat you know they are off plotting, thats why they always have an innocent look when they come out after you've been searching for half an hour! :D

Have any of you seen that movie "The cat returns"

NKBurlington
06-27-2005, 11:50 AM
I never go to bed or leave the house without doing a "head count" If all three kitties are present and accounted for, I can go to be or go out.

I hate not being able to find my babies. Even though they are indoor-only cats, they do tend to go "missing" every once in a while. Sometimes it takes a bit longer than others to find them but eventually, I do find them.