PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Depp

Cat_luver_17189
06-25-2005, 09:34 PM
I love JD!!! Are There any other JD fans out there?

Vette
06-25-2005, 10:12 PM
I liked him in the Pirates of the Caribbean.
not sure if ive seen him any other movies or not..

kittycats_delight
06-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I used to love him. I have been a fan since 21 jumpstreet in 1987 or 1988 I am not quite sure when it was. Then I kinda didn't like him much anymore. But I do think he is a doll. I love his eyes. And I loved him in Secret Window. He was hilarious in Pirates of the Caribbean. Not easy to pull off a drunk for an entire movie and do it well. LOL

ChrisH
06-26-2005, 06:59 AM
*hands up* ME!! :D ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Miscellaneous/Jd1.jpg

... even if I've only seen him in Pirates. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Miscellaneous/JDg.jpg

BUT, guess what ... he may be starring in a film set in my town!!! :eek:
Depp is courted for Wrexham film (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/4604205.stm)
It would be heaven just to get a glimpse! :)

Chris

BitsyNaceyDog
06-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Yea, he's aawesome! I have a good friend who is totally in love with him.
I won't be seeing him in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as I hate the original and have no interest in seeing this version of it.
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 is filming now and will be out next year, I can't wait for that!

Kfamr
06-26-2005, 07:31 AM
I think the only movie I really, truely liked him was in Edward Scissorhands.

persianmom
06-26-2005, 11:31 AM
I love his eyes. He one fine looking man

Samantha Puppy
06-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Mmmm... he is the one man in this world that I would have a reeeeeeeeeeally hard time turning down if he came on to me. Dumb marriage vows. ;) Seriously though, he is a fine lookin' man. I was never nuts about him back in the late 80s or 90s - he was too much of a "pretty boy" then. But now? He's matured nicely, he's intelligent, and he can pull of smudged eyeliner like a champ. *sigh* Yum.

ChrisH - I'm comin' to visit!

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-26-2005, 01:32 PM
I like him as an actor in some movies (especially Pirates!):D but as a normal person, he's kinda weird.:rolleyes: :p ;) For instance, he thinks we Americans are just WEIRD dorks!:o

carole
06-26-2005, 05:47 PM
He is one of the most gorgeous men alive IMO , he has fans of all ages, my 12 year old daughter thinks he is hotter than hot, and i cannot disagree with her, I watched his interview with Oprah Winfrey, and I LOVE him even more, he is just a really genuine, ordinary guy in real life, as for the comment on Americans, well thats his opinion I guess.

We also think the actor from Scream Skeet something or another is like a younger version of Johnny, some similarities anyhow.:)

*LabLoverKEB*
06-26-2005, 06:21 PM
IMO, I think that Jhonny Depp is a little different, and wierd. Pirated of the Caribean was good though.

carole
06-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't find him weird personally, but he is different, I think that is what I like about him, he is not like all the celebs, who are so up themselves it is not funny, anyway just MO.:)

finn's mom
06-26-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan. In fact, he's one of my favorite actors. I haven't really seen in him in anything that I haven't liked. I think the first time I knew I was a true fan was when I saw Edward Scissorhands. I am so excited about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory coming soon! :) And, Finding Neverland was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, he does a spot on Scottish accent. He is very mysterious, and, cool, and, strange, I love it! :) He doesn't just play one type of role, and, I will see anything with him in it.

gemini9961
06-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by carole
He is one of the most gorgeous men alive IMO , he has fans of all ages, my 12 year old daughter thinks he is hotter than hot, and i cannot disagree with her, I watched his interview with Oprah Winfrey, and I LOVE him even more, he is just a really genuine, ordinary guy in real life, as for the comment on Americans, well thats his opinion I guess.

We also think the actor from Scream Skeet something or another is like a younger version of Johnny, some similarities anyhow.:)

Skeet Ulrich I believe is his name and yes he looks a lot like him.

anna_66
06-27-2005, 07:29 AM
Not only is he a simply gorgeous man, but he is an awesome actor! He can play any part and play it well:D I like all his movies!

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 10:16 AM
The Libertine (2004)....I haven't seen this
Finding Neverland (2004).....LOVED THIS SO MUCH
And They Lived Happily Ever After (2004) (International: English title).....haven't seen this....
Secret Window (2004) I liked the movie, but, didn't like the way it ended, it seemed cheesy or something, not one of my favorite movies, for sure
Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003)....didn't really like this movie, but, I LOVED Depp's character, the scene with the little boy and the chiclets was so funny
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)...I thought this was a great movie, can't wait to see the second and third ones!
From Hell (2001)....very dark, but, cool movie
Blow (2001)....this movie was disturbing, but, I liked it a lot
Chocolat (2000)....very sexy movie
Before Night Falls (2000)...haven't seen this
The Man Who Cried (2000)....haven't seen this
Sleepy Hollow (1999)....I loved him as Ichabod!
The Astronaut's Wife (1999)....haven't seen this
The Ninth Gate (1999)....haven't seen this, but, I've heard it's bad
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)...I love this movie
The Brave (1997)...never seen this
Donnie Brasco (1997)....i thought he and pacino were great
Nick of Time (1995)....haven't seen this
Dead Man (1995).....this is one of the strangest films I've ever seen, but, I liked it, not one I could watch a lot, though, it's so SLOW
Don Juan DeMarco (1995)...never seen it
Ed Wood (1994)...talk about a fun, crazy movie!
What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)...everything about and everyone in this movie was amazing
Benny & Joon (1993)....haven't seen this in a long time, but, I remember liking it
Arizona Dream (1993)...haven't seen this
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)
... aka A Nightmare On Elm Street 6....I don't remember seeing this, but, I probably did :D
Edward Scissorhands (1990)....this movie breaks my heart every time I see it, it has to be one of my top five favorites
Cry-Baby (1990).....I had to watch this a couple of times before I liked it, but, it's a great one!

Yeah, so, I think this is the first time I've tried color type, so, I hope it works, because I'm going to be irritated if I have to redo it. ;) Anybody that actually looks at what I typed or the titles or anything.....if you've seen one that I haven't, let me know what you thought of the movie....I need to get out there and get some of the ones I haven't seen.....I mostly posted this for myself, though. :rolleyes:

ChrisH
06-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
.... ChrisH - I'm comin' to visit!
LOL I'll let you know if I hear about any filming plans! :D

finn's mom, like I said, I've only seen Pirates so thanks for listing those films and especially the reviews!
By the way, that first one The Libertine, was filmed here in Wales too.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/3543701.stm

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ChrisH
finn's mom, like I said, I've only seen Pirates so thanks for listing those films and especially the reviews!

Ha ha, well, I wouldn't call them reviews, really. ;) But, no problem, I thought a list of his movies would be cool, though. I need to get off my butt and catch some of the ones I've not seen!

carole
06-27-2005, 04:18 PM
I am going to get the video Finding Neverland in a week or so, have to wait two weeks then my son can get it for free for us, I so wanted to see it at the movies but didn't.

I absolutely loved Chocolat, it was great, and pirates of the carribbean was a fun movie, Johnny was as always great in that too. I heard a rumour that the 2nd one might be filmed here in NZ, I know Johnny was down here recently checking something out for it, I wish I had been able to see him.

I love his accent, even his normal one sounds a little different to the American ones I usually here on the TV.

Yep he does a scottish accent rather well too, let's face it he does everything rather well in my books, love ya, love ya Johnny.:) :D

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 04:22 PM
I am going to get the video Finding Neverland in a week or so

Make sure to keep kleenex around! :) that movie is so beautiful!

carole
06-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the tip, nothing like a good cry, going to get the kleenex in advance lol.:D

ChrisH
07-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, I am now a huge JD fan! I watched The Man Who Cried last week and The Secret Window should be here on Wednesday. Can't wait! :D

ChrisH
07-04-2005, 12:54 PM
And no prizes for guessing who's on my desktop! :D

Anita Cholaine
07-04-2005, 12:59 PM
I really like him as an actor ( I dont know why he looks so weird...)

I loved finding neverland (especially because of him and the little boy... he's such a great actor!!) pirates of the caribean (cant wait to watch the second) and whats eating gilbert grape (I'm not a leo di caprio fan, but he's amazing in this movie!) I cant remember any other at the moment.....:)

carole
07-04-2005, 07:54 PM
I enjoyed finding neverland, but I was a little disappointed, I think all the hype about it made it that way, they rave so much and then you expect so much, because I knew what happened it kinda spoiled the movie for me, but i did enjoy Johnny's reasonably good attempt at a Scottish Accent.

Secret Window was pretty good I thought, I have not seen the man who cried, but I think I would like to now.

You still Rock Johnny., at least in my eyes.:)

finn's mom
07-04-2005, 10:22 PM
I watched The Man Who Cried last week

How is that movie, anyway? I've never seen it!

MariaM
07-05-2005, 01:27 AM
What's Eating Gilbert Grape...AHHH! Love that movie!! :D

ChrisH
07-06-2005, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
How is that movie, anyway? (The Man Who Cried) I've never seen it!
Well acted, good storyline, excellent cinematography, top drawer music but a little too 'arty' for me. Having said that I did quite enjoy it.

Secret Window (loved it!) arrived early, yesterday, so it's been watched and will hopefully, be on its way back later today. No idea yet which of my choices will be sent out next. :D

Sassy_luvr
07-06-2005, 08:33 AM
I don't like him but my friend Ashly LOVES him!!!!For her birtthday I am getting her Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (movie w/ JD) and a bunch of other stuff w/ JD.

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Well acted, good storyline, excellent cinematography, top drawer music but a little too 'arty' for me. Having said that I did quite enjoy it.

Gotcha, I'll probably love it, then. I loved Dead Man, and, it's so artsy, and, so slow. There's only a handful of people I know that have watched it all the way through.

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Sassy_luvr
For her birtthday I am getting her Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (movie w/ JD)

Do you already know when it's going to be on DVD? Cuz I'll be first in line to get one. ;) I am planning to see it the day it comes out in the theater...Or are you talking about getting her the book?

ChrisH
07-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Gotcha, I'll probably love it, then. I loved Dead Man, and, it's so artsy, and, so slow. There's only a handful of people I know that have watched it all the way through.
For some reason, 'Dead Man' and 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas' haven't been released on DVD over here. I have put them on my reserve list for when they do.

I got and watched 'Chocolat' today and (because I upgraded to the 2 disc option :)) 'Donnie Brasco' is on the way. Looking forward to watching that one, I really like Al Pacino. :D

carole
07-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I loved Chocolat, it was an awesome movie, did you enjoy it?

finn's mom
07-07-2005, 11:48 PM
For some reason, 'Dead Man' and 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas' haven't been released on DVD over here. I have put them on my reserve list for when they do.

I got and watched 'Chocolat' today and (because I upgraded to the 2 disc option :)) 'Donnie Brasco' is on the way. Looking forward to watching that one, I really like Al Pacino. :D

Oh, all of those you mentioned are good movies! Let me know what you think of Donnie Brasco.

K9karen
07-08-2005, 12:00 AM
I love mysterious men! Still water runs deep.

ChrisH
07-09-2005, 06:26 AM
I loved Chocolat, it was an awesome movie, did you enjoy it?
Yes, I thought it was a delightful film. :)

... Let me know what you think of Donnie Brasco.
Good film. Al Pacino is ... well, Al Pacino! He is just wonderful as Lefty, and the relationship between his character and Johnny's - an equally wonderful performance as Joe - makes it into a whole lot more than just another gangster movie. I may even watch it again today. :D

finn's mom
07-09-2005, 01:38 PM
makes it into a whole lot more than just another gangster movie.

That's what I thought when I watched Donnie Brasco, too. I'm getting really excited about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it is out this Friday!!!! I saw a bit of an interview with Johnny Depp and he was saying that all of the stuff you'll see is actually there, like the chocolate river and everything. He said walking on the set was like walking into something historic....important. The set looked amazing! Lush and colorful, man, I would really love to be a part of a film like that! Even just a gopher. ;) I am already excited about seeing what special features the dvd will have. :)

ChrisH
07-11-2005, 09:12 AM
That's what I thought when I watched Donnie Brasco, too. I'm getting really excited about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it is out this Friday!!!! I saw a bit of an interview with Johnny Depp and he was saying that all of the stuff you'll see is actually there, like the chocolate river and everything. He said walking on the set was like walking into something historic....important. The set looked amazing! Lush and colorful, man, I would really love to be a part of a film like that! Even just a gopher. ;) I am already excited about seeing what special features the dvd will have. :)

This link is to a piece about the premiere and a click-through to see some clips

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4670153.stm

ChrisH
07-17-2005, 09:52 AM
The two JD movies I have watched this week were so different to each other, 'Don Jaun De Marco' and 'The Brave'. I can recommend both, whether you are a fan of JD or not.
I just loved 'Don Juan', funny and romantic. :D And, even though I am not a great fan of his, I have to say Marlon Brando played his role really well. :D
'The Brave', the subject matter is sombre but don't let that put you off. Basically it is a story of love and what the man is willing to do for love of his family. It is long too, over two hours, but it didn't flag, at least not for me. An excellent film.

Chris

Barbara
07-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Add me to the list:D

Of course I watched Dead Man as Jim Jarmusch is one of my favorite directors but it's not my favorite JJ movie;)