PDA

View Full Version : Do your pets do this?

dukedogsmom
06-25-2005, 09:21 PM
I started just to put this in the dog area but then I thought other pets(like cats) might do this as well. Duke knows the sound my computer makes when it's shutting down. So, when he hears that, he turns around and looks at me to see what I'm going to do. Most of the time it's time for bed and he just waits for me to move first. I just think it's funny that he knows the sound and is ready to go.

jazzcat
06-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Disney knows that sounds well and she hates it because she knows it's probably bedtime.

Ginger's Mom
06-25-2005, 09:24 PM
:D Yes, Ginger does that too. Even if she is in the other room, she will come in and look at me. :D I thought it was just because I was on it too much. :o

Vette
06-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Yep. Kirby does the samething. sometimes he even watches where i lay my hand on my keyboard when he knows its nearing our bed time. he knows that if i hover my hand near the top of my keyboard(i have 3 speical keys.. Wake Sleep and Power) and i press the Power key and it make my computer shut down without having to do it the long way. he somehow knows thats how i shut down my PC.

but he gets really confused when i reboot my computer and his ears are all perky cuz he cant figure out why my PC is still on and why im not getting up. LOL

flamepony12
06-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Mackenzie knows to get up whenever she hears the TV turn off. ^^)

sandragonfly
06-25-2005, 11:23 PM
haha, duke sounds too cute, val!

me? ummm, I guess I'll never know. I walk, eat, run, drive, work around with my mobile (the one tha has webrowser and pet talk site stucks on!)..and crayola can't hear vibrations most of time (when a page completely uploaded, a new notification, etc). I have no sounds on!

but..for cats, only in the mornings, because I have a call-on job, my mobile is always under my pillow, I get to check at least a few of subscribed threads before I get up.. so when I'm ready for breakfast - my mobile has a click-sound when I shut it close, cats awake -- "breakfastime!!!" -- scattered around like crazy! :eek: :p :)

gemini9961
06-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Maggie will go the the bedroom when she hears me open the garage door opener because she knows I'm leaving and she knows she will get put in the room so she just goes ahead and walks back there. She does it even if I'm not leaving and she thinks I am...LOL.

PJ's Mom
06-26-2005, 01:29 AM
Peej does it and if Bailey's paying attention, she'll do it too. :)

chocolatepuppy
06-26-2005, 05:17 AM
All of mine, dogs and cats know that sound means we're moving on! :D

Cookiebaker
06-26-2005, 06:53 AM
Hehe Yup! Everytime I turn the monitor off, Emerson jumps up (even from a deep sleep) and wags his tail!

BitsyNaceyDog
06-26-2005, 07:04 AM
I keep the TV on almost all day, wether I'm watching it or not, I like to have it on as background noise. The dogs and cats all know that when the TV goes off it's bed time. The dogs all go to their beds and Bitsy goes and sits in front of my bedroom door, as she sleeps with us. The cats all run to their food dishes. They each have their own dish and I feed them just before I go to bed at night.

Kfamr
06-26-2005, 07:30 AM
They get all crazy when I turn my monitor off. (computer stays on) It's a very, very quiet sound but they seems so accustomed to it that they know it.

moosmom
06-26-2005, 09:12 AM
As soon as MooShoo hears the bedroom television turn off, he knows instantly that it's time to cuddle in mama's bed and go to sleep.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Moosmom/Thatsit.jpg