PDA

View Full Version : Little shelter muffin!pic

Glacier
06-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Please meet Limpy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/limpy.jpg
Limpy is currently a resident of our local shelter. He's about six months old, came in with his littermates. They are all the sweetest little things ever, but Limpy just stole my heart! He has a deformed front leg, similar to my Felicia's, but not quite as extreme. He can not get enough attention. He gives kisses and nuzzles and purrs up a storm. His leg doesn't slow him down at all!

My husband said I couldn't have him before he even let me meet him. I'm sure he'll get adopted in no time once he's out of isolation--all of them came in full of mites! That's why his fur looks wet--he had a medicated bath yesterday at the vet! If he doesn't get snapped up, I may have to start nagging!

chocolatepuppy
06-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Oh he is gorgeous! What a face! :)

kittycats_delight
06-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Don't wait. Start nagging start nagging, He is just tooo sweet. How could you ever resist a face like that?

jenluckenbach
06-25-2005, 07:26 PM
LET THE NAGGING BEGIN!!

He is PRECIOUS! GORGEOUS! WONDERFUL!!!

catmandu
06-25-2005, 08:08 PM
That is one Cat,that is worth nagging,for.What a Sweet Little Face,and he would fit,right in your Furr Ever Home,Like a GLOVE! NAG! NAG! NAG![COLOR=darkblue]

jazzcat
06-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Oh I'm in love! What a gorgeous kitty!!!

Grace
06-25-2005, 10:07 PM
I LOVE his black nose!!

When did you say you're bringing him home?

momcat
06-25-2005, 10:38 PM
We always need a new Pet Talk kitty and he certainly fits the bill! Looks like it's nagging time!!!!!

G535
06-26-2005, 12:08 AM
I'd forget the nagging and just bring him home, how could anyone resist him?

krazyaboutkatz
06-26-2005, 01:58 AM
He's so handsome and I think he needs you.;)

QueenScoopalot
06-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
LET THE NAGGING BEGIN!!

He is PRECIOUS! GORGEOUS! WONDERFUL!!!
I agree! He looks HUGE for only six months old! :eek: :eek: Is it radial hypoplasia, or a broken leg that wasn't taken care of? Time to think of throwing hubby out, and taking him lol! :D

Kirsten
06-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Hi Limpy! :) Welcome to PetTalk! :) What a beautiful boy you are! :)

Kirsten

furrykidsmother
06-26-2005, 08:44 AM
What a cutie!! I agree LET THE NAGGING BEGIN!!!

Glacier
06-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
IIs it radial hypoplasia, or a broken leg that wasn't taken care of?

He was born with it. I don't know what the condition is called. Felicia was born without an elbow joint, the bones just grew wrong. I think his case is similar but seems to affect his ankle/wrist joint more. He has more movement in the leg than Felicia does. He can actually weightbear and walk on it. She can't straighten hers enough to put it on the floor.

orangemm
06-27-2005, 04:38 AM
He needs you!

And, I love the different colored ears. He's a keeper!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-27-2005, 04:59 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a sweetheart!! I am in love!!

Queen of Poop
06-27-2005, 09:05 AM
What a sweetie!! He truly needs to become an addition to your home.

sirrahbed
06-27-2005, 09:48 AM
oh MY!! That face is heartmelting - so sweet!!! Can't you just imagine Limpy at your hose, staring up at you with that adorable face as you talk to him???:D ;) :D

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Oh, man, how do you do it? I'd have a million cats if I saw the faces that you see every day! Limpy is lovely, let us know when he gets adopted!

ramanth
06-27-2005, 11:35 AM
He's beautiful!! I love that black nose. :D

jenluckenbach
06-27-2005, 11:40 AM
WELL?!?!? I am waiting for the adoption announcement.

mumpkees
06-27-2005, 02:12 PM
This is a misprint right - you meant to say "WAS" a shelter resident, right?

/mari (spirit cat)

QueenScoopalot
06-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
He was born with it. I don't know what the condition is called. Felicia was born without an elbow joint, the bones just grew wrong. I think his case is similar but seems to affect his ankle/wrist joint more. He has more movement in the leg than Felicia does. He can actually weightbear and walk on it. She can't straighten hers enough to put it on the floor.
My dear boy Kirby has a severe form of radial aplasia but manages to get around remarkably well with such twisted up front legs. I saved him from a kill shelter via my vet who put in a good word for me when he was up the shelter to check the animals. I think that Limpy (name has to go:rolleyes: ) needs the purrfect home....YOURS!:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/scan0017.jpg
My "Kirbstone" when he was a youngster.:)

carole
06-27-2005, 04:30 PM
PLEASE NAG, NAG, NAG AND THEN NAG some more, he is adorable, hope you end up getting him.:) for some reason I think I would re-name him Chester.;)

momcat
06-27-2005, 08:15 PM
How is the little sweetie doing? Still in isolation? WHEN ARE YOU BRINGING HIM HOME?

To hubby: nag, nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenluckenbach
06-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by momcat
WHEN ARE YOU BRINGING HIM HOME?

To hubby: nag, nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag nag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no, no....THIS is how to nag..........

NAG * NAG* NAG * NAG * NAG * NAG

sandragonfly
06-29-2005, 04:10 PM
oh my goodness!! I WANT HIM SO BADLY!

could you ship him over?! I don't think I have black and white cat! :D is that a good excuse?

momcat
06-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey Glacier! Is he home yet? How's he doing? That little guy IS a PT keeper.

Hey Jen! Saw your message. You're right, we must help Glacier by being forceful!

Don Juan's mom
06-29-2005, 06:15 PM
I agree with QSL, that name has GOT to go.

How about "Charlie" (after Charlie Chaplin)? :)

Liz

QueenScoopalot
06-29-2005, 10:28 PM
I think we should be PMing Glacier as she seems intent on ignoring us all now! I purrsonally think everyone should have at least ONE special kitty like "Limpy." And I'll even let my Impy's name be a subtitute! He was born with half a hind leg...adopted by my x-neighbors teenage daughter, and left outside for long enough to annoy me, and make me make Impy to go *POOF* into the night. ;)...Not to mention many others with and without birth defects. Tell your hubby he's a black & white husky wannabee..and bring him home! :D

kittycats_delight
06-29-2005, 10:43 PM
So who is with Jan on sending pms to glacier? I know just a couple isn't going to work. We need lots and lots.

I'll do it !

Who else?

Glacier
06-29-2005, 10:51 PM
LOL! Not ignoring you guys! I have to work late on Wednesday nights--Bingo for the shelter! I hate it but it does keep the shelter doors open!

I totally agree the name has to go! Limpy is still in isolation as the mites aren't all gone yet. I've been to visit him a couple times. One of his siblings is already spoken for and his sister, Moo, is every bit as sweet as he is.

I'm working on hubby. He is the shelter manager though so it's kinda hard to sneak one by him--he approves all the adoption applications. :rolleyes:

I'll keep you posted!