PDA

View Full Version : Rescued a Sheltie today

doolittleky
06-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I was out in the field with gracie one of my dogs and I turn around and this little Sheltie is racing at us and I try to rush Gracie away before she sees it because gracie is real dog agressive. But while rushing her away antoher person was in front of us walking his dog , so gracie went nuts. I finally got Gracie inside and then went back out to find the Obviously lost Sheltie. He was walking in the middle of the parking lot towards a busy road so I called him and luckily he was friendly so i picked him up and boy was he a tub of lard! He weighed a ton. So I thought , now what am I going to do, I can't take him inside for more than one reason so I carried him over to a neighbors to see if they knew where he went. I was also hoping they would keep him until I found out who he belonged to. But they weren't home so I thought I would take him to another of the buildings where this lady is that I have pet sit a couple of times for to ask her if she knew whose he was since she was always walking her dog in the park beside our condo complex. She thought he looked like a man's she sees in the park and asked if I wanted her to take him and I said yes please! So very relieved I went hoime to finish feeding my fur gang and giving shots and meds. I took a shower and was drying my hair when I thought I heard a knock at my door. I almost didn't even go to the door because I hadn't got dressed yet. But I did and it was a man and woman asking me if i had found a Sheltie. I said yes, that is was over Charlotte's and I took them over there where they were very releived to find their Rudy, who was very happy to see them. I was so glad that I answered the door and that they foudn Rudy. I asked how they came to my door and they had seen someone outside while they were looking for Rudy and asked if they had seen him and the person told them to ask me since I have dogs.

Melissa

momcat
06-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey Melissa! What a great story! A lost puppy, not abandoned, not abused, not left to fend for himself. Found with your love, cared for with your neighbor's love, and reunited safely to his loving furever family! Ya did good there, Melissa. Every lost pet story should have such a happy ending. Thank you so much for caring!!!!!

catmandu
06-25-2005, 03:56 PM
That was very kind,of you,to make sure,that that Pup,found his Furr Ever Home,and didnt get himself,into any danger,on the road.you are a Hero,to all the Dog,and Cat Lovers,out there!!!