PDA

View Full Version : This Man is a Dogs Best Friend :-)

QueenScoopalot
06-25-2005, 09:37 AM
http://www.wral.com/news/4647156/detail.html

Sick Canine That Was Flown To Vet Leaves Hospital In Car

RALEIGH, N.C. -- A dog whose owner went above and beyond expectations to get the animal treated at North Carolina State's Veterinary Hospital was released Friday.

Most pet owners will do almost anything to make sure their animal is OK. So when Aiden Thornton's best friend, Elle, fell ill, he took to the skies.

Alden Thornton's 8-year-old dog, Elle, was having unexplained seizures and was near death when her owner chartered a helicopter from Virginia and flew her to Raleigh. It is the first time in the school's history a helicopter has delivered a sick pet.

Thornton said his main focus was not the money, but making sure Elle lives.

"I'm with her more than any other living, breathing thing," he said.

After an MRI and spinal tap, doctors ruled out a tumor or cancer.

Thornton's "best friend" is expected to survive; however, doctors will keep her on seizure medication for the rest of her life.

Elle went home to Kitty Hawk in a much less dramatic fashion. She made the trip by car.

King Spartacus
06-25-2005, 05:25 PM
That's such a sweet story... I'm sorry the doggie got ill, but hearing about humans doing this sort of things for their pawed friends is amazing!!!

Oggyflute
06-26-2005, 12:53 AM
Good story, I think everyone on here would do all they could to help their furkids get better.:)

moosmom
06-26-2005, 09:36 AM
If only ALL pet owners were THAT dedicated to the commitment of owning a pet! What a man!