PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Word?

sandragonfly
06-24-2005, 11:23 PM
a while ago, for my college project, I had to make a few of interviews with people and surverys for both genders about communication, what it mean to them. and thought of this, just out of curiosity, what's your favorite word, it just got to be one! :p

mine is: challenge. :)

finn's mom
06-24-2005, 11:27 PM
ocean!

is it supposed to be based on what word you like the sound of or what word you like the meaning of? :)

sandragonfly
06-24-2005, 11:41 PM
oh, whatever. :)

it can be the sound you like, meaning...or it means a lot to you ...great rythm, or because it's very long one. :p

for mine: it means a lot to me. I feel like it's a soul word. :)

finn's mom
06-24-2005, 11:43 PM
gotcha. yeah, i have just always loved the way ocean flows..... sounds nice. :)

beeniesmom
06-25-2005, 12:18 AM
gelid.... most people don't know what it means.
I've used it in sentences...... actually, finn's mom, to describe the ocean in greece.

binka_nugget
06-25-2005, 12:48 PM
spiffy

haha.. I'm so lame

chocolatepuppy
06-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Right now Gina, it's snow! It's 89F and I wish it would snow! :D

kittycats_delight
06-25-2005, 02:18 PM
mine is actually 2 words..."BITE ME"
LOL

Cookiebaker
06-25-2005, 03:50 PM
*WhatEVER* :D

flamepony12
06-25-2005, 03:57 PM
I like spiffy too.. so fun to say ^_^ I also like bliss. lol. ^^)

Samantha Puppy
06-25-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't think Karen would appreciate it if I wrote my favorite word on here. :o :D

luvofallhorses
06-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy

Don't you know if you keep saying snow it will snow over here? So please don't jinx us lmao just kidding!

My favorite word is in finn's mom's signature I have no idea how to spell it. It's flibbertigibbet or something like that.

sandragonfly
06-25-2005, 04:25 PM
mmm ...

challenge.. ocean.. gelid.. spiffy.. snow.. oh, bite me.. whatever...:rolleyes: bliss.. and flibbertigibbet! :D (you got it right, krista) ;)

gelid/spiffy's new to me! :)

my brother just sent me his favorite word.. dilter. haha.

hum samantha... pm me the word and I promise I won't tell anyone! please? :)

Suki Wingy
06-25-2005, 04:32 PM
primordial, pangea, arctic, vast, desolate tundra perma-frost, parti color. Those are a few of my favorites, no order.

Anita Cholaine
06-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Mine are whatever, enormous, sure (I dont know why, lol :p )
Some in spanish: patetico, It means pathetic (I dont know why, Im saying it all the time!) amoroso (means something like lovely)

Spanish words look strange inside all the posts in english, lol

chocolatepuppy
06-25-2005, 05:56 PM

And now we have *snow* thanks to Anita Cholaines ticker! :D

luvofallhorses
06-25-2005, 06:28 PM
And now we have *snow* thanks to Anita Cholaines ticker! :D

see you did jinx us ;)

finn's mom
06-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
gelid.... most people don't know what it means.
I've used it in sentences...... actually, finn's mom, to describe the ocean in greece.

well, dang it, tell me what it means! ;) i'll look it up here in a few, though, to see if it's even english. :D

finn's mom
06-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
My favorite word is in finn's mom's signature I have no idea how to spell it. It's flibbertigibbet or something like that.

Yep, that's the way! I love it, too. :) It just is hard to frown when you're saying such a silly word. And, especially if you see the movie the quote is from, just imagining Meg Ryan as Angelica makes me giggle. :)

IRescue452
06-25-2005, 07:37 PM
I get a new favorite word daily. I'd say right now I'm on patron. I like one sylable words best.

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-25-2005, 07:46 PM
"Obviously" I love saying that to people, lol!:rolleyes: ;)

joanofark
06-25-2005, 07:57 PM
:rolleyes: "Intense". I just love saying it! It reminds me of my favorite sport- Karate! Because Karate is an Intense Sport. lol:D

CountryWolf07
06-26-2005, 12:20 PM
"I know!"
"No way"
"Really?"
"Howdy!"
"Music"

MariaM
06-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Ohh, I've got SO many. Half of them are made up. Like Nyung. It's the official word of intelligence. And brumble, thats a good one. Not actually sure if its made up or not. As to real words, well, the list goes on.

Bigyummydog
06-26-2005, 11:25 PM
OOPS !

slleipnir
06-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Ohayou. which means good morning. I say it alllllllllll day long. Even at night. My cell has a message thingie on it that you can make...it says ohayou

sandragonfly
06-27-2005, 02:58 PM
lol chocopuppy! is it still "snow"? :p

and ohayou! (well it's a little bit past noon!) - :D

hmm, looked up at brumble, nyung, they seemed have been made up but I liked them. I'm glad I threaded this so I get to learn a lot new words/slangs.

joan, intense! one of my favorites too.

I got a few responses from friends of their favorite words,

ulali, utopia, insanity, love & freedom. :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Oh, I also like saying "Sophisticated"!:D lol, I just like how the word rolls off your tongue!;) and what I want to be! hehe:D

swimma253
06-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
"Obviously" I love saying that to people, lol!:rolleyes: ;)

Yes! Me too! It makes me feel smart. :p
Oh and I also like saying "therefore" haha! :D

sirrahbed
06-27-2005, 07:35 PM
onomatopoeia:D I loved that word since I first learned it back in - whatever grade. It is a word that sounds like the word it is talking about, like HISS that a snake makes or PURR of a kitten

I like how it sounds, mostly.
ahnno-maddo- pee-uh with emphasis on the *pee*

Another favorite word is s*** It just feels good to say it when I am mad at something:o I learned it as a toddler from my mom:p I had a colonoscopy a few years ago and they told me I said this favorite word LOUDLY right as they started the procedure. I knew they were not making it up because that IS the word I would have used. I think it was appropriate, considering what they were doing to me:eek:

But.....say it....onomatopoeia :)

Toby's my baby
06-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Hmmm... I dont know if these are my favorite words, but they are my most used words...

"shut up" :o
" chill out" or "relax":o

Most *cough* (all) of these words are aimed towards my sister, (my twin) we fight... a lot!

anna_66
06-28-2005, 08:21 AM
I don't know if I'd say these are my favorite words, but I sure seem to say them alot:o
"Well"
"Anyways"

manda_moo87
06-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Moo. ;)

dukedogsmom
06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Chocolate. No explanation needed :p

jesse_3
06-28-2005, 02:16 PM
I have a phrase! "Stop it you savage beast!" Of coarse it's a joke, I say it all the time when someone is acting crazy!
I love these words too:
Fartinugen (made up)
Yah (I'm Norweigen, go figure!)
SNOW
Sweets (nickname)
Yea'yah

BitsyNaceyDog
06-28-2005, 03:00 PM
There are a lot of words that I like using, but I can't think of any right now. They are all just words that I say without thinking about them first.
Lately I've been saying "good to know" a lot.

sandragonfly
06-28-2005, 04:10 PM
haha! more people coming in this with things they love to say! aren't they the interjections, not words? :p

well ok I'll include mine then.. I tend to say this.. oh christ!!(as of what is wrong with you?!) but never to animals. ;)

haha, steph..who do you say that to the most? :p

debbie...onomatopoeia is a cool word! I've always liked long words!

hmm, val, there's an explanation needed! ...why do you like it? :p ;)

katie! sophisticated! (I wish too..) one of my other faves. :D

anna, I used to say "anyway" a lot!! but I drove myself crazy! lol.. but glad I broke out that habit. :rolleyes:

thanks everyone for sharing! challenge is still my most favorite word for me - beside I've often said this to my friends - just...never challenge me. I guess since it's my favorite word, I'd use it if it doesn't make any sense.. :p ;) the reason I used that word in that phrase because it has a different meaning when you sign it. not voice it. :cool:

carole
06-28-2005, 04:53 PM
I guess I use the NZ.OZ,BRIT, term Mate quite a lot, but only to Men, but another would be OH OK THEN.;)

Chica
06-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Honey~~ orSweetie! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-28-2005, 08:12 PM
"WINTERWONDERLAND "

It sounds great, it brings great memories, it tells us that a beautiful winterlandscape is WONDERFUL ))

GoldenRetrLuver
06-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Chilly. :p

Shelteez2
06-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Wicked!

I've been saying that a lot lately.....lol

jesse_3
06-30-2005, 12:46 AM
haha, steph..who do you say that to the most?

I usually say that to my sister, lol! Once in a while, when Jesse is acting like "a savage beast" I'll tell her that! She just looks at me like,"What are you calling me that for, your the one who is a beast!!"

MariaM
06-30-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.

hmm, looked up at brumble, nyung, they seemed have been made up but I liked them. I'm glad I threaded this so I get to learn a lot new words/slangs.

Nyung is great when its said over and over again, real fast.

It's also great to say "brumbly" as an adjective. Fun word!
Farewell is another, and I love "therefore" as well. Arse is fun to say.

Flog, codswallop, filch, bloody, cheeky, ho-hum, gung-ho, wanker, wonky

"Continuing on" and "Continuing Shawn" are popular phrases between my friend and I. "Off your trolley" is a good one."
"Sod off"

I "got" lots. :p

BitsyNaceyDog
06-30-2005, 08:52 AM
I use the word "bold" a lot too.