PDA

View Full Version : Tabby Cat Shot In Head With Arrow

QueenScoopalot
06-24-2005, 08:58 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4636584/detail.html
:( :( :( :mad: :( :( :(
Tabby Cat Shot In Head With Arrow
Reward Offered For Information Leading To Arrest, Conviction Of Shooter

DENVER -- A $2,000 reward was offered Tuesday for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who shot an arrow into the head of a north Denver cat.

The animal survived the attack, but lost its right eye as a result of the injury.

The tabby cat, named Dartanian, was discovered injured on June 9. The owners said the attack occurred near Pecos Street and Interstate 70.

Dartanian lost his right eye after being shot in the head with an arrow.

Because they didn't have the money to pay for the expensive surgery to save the cat, they relinquished his ownership to Planned Pethood.

"The arrow blinded Dartanian in his right eye and as a result needed to be removed,” said Courtney Morris, of Planned Pethood. "Surprisingly he is in otherwise good physical condition and we hope to place him with a new family as soon as possible."

The Denver Dumb Friends League put up the $2,000 reward Tuesday after being contacted by Planned Pethood.

The Dumb Friends League said that the case didn't appear to be connected to the case of a cat shot with blow darts in May in another area of the city.

The cat will be up for adoption after he recovers. People who are interested in adopted Dartanian should contact Planned Pethood at (303) 433-3291.

furrykidsmother
06-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Again, I am making the statement "What is wrong with people!!" How can people do such cruel things!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am happy that the Dartanian survived and hopefully he will have a new furrever home soon, and pray that he will adjust with his impaired sight. I know that there are many animals on PT that have, but it just isn't fair. I hope they find whoever did this and shoot them in the head with an arrow!

kittycats_delight
06-24-2005, 10:21 AM
What kind of person does something like this to an animal. Can someone tell me that? I don't understand. What is in someone's head to do that. Maybe an arrow shot in their head can help repair the already damage that is there. :mad:

Shady
06-24-2005, 10:38 AM
That's disgusting.

I hope that they catch and prosecute the sicko that is responsible to the full extent of the law.

lvpets2002
06-24-2005, 11:02 AM
:( :( :( :( Oh that just makes me so so :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: && so help me if anyone ever touchs my babies or any animal with cruelity && I see it = well lets put it this way they wont walk away from it.. My girls send all prayers & whisker kissses to Dartanian & hope your well soon

rg_girlca
06-24-2005, 05:35 PM
The sad part is that this person probably will never be caught, but I pray that they are.

Poor little Dartanian. I hope he heals well and will find his forever home soon.

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2005, 05:52 PM
I feel so bad for Dartanian and his family...

Not only did the owners have to deal with the heartbreak of seeing thier furkid suffer, they had to give him up too :(. Poor kitty has to deal with adjusting to a new home and healing at the same time.

I don't know, it seems to me that if something like this happened to one of my furkids, I'd my clothes and go to work naked and eat nothing but dollar rammen to pay for the surgery. Am I crazy for thinking that way?

Stupid people should not be allowed with anything more deadly than dental floss, and I'd even keep THAT away from some people...

How very sad. :(

momcat
06-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Right now I'm so angry there's steam coming out of my ears plus my nose and mouth every time I exhale. How anyone could harm any living thing is beyond my comprehension! The most heart breaking part is poor kitty's loving, furever family had to give him up so he would have a chance to survive. I'm hoping that somehow, some way his family can get him back! Kitty needs the family he knows and loves right now for a quick and complete recovery! Is there anything we can do to help his family get him back?