PDA

View Full Version : Uppydate on my Brother

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks everyone for your prayers. I am so thankful I have a place like this to come with this. ((((hugs to you all))))

I just heard from Kevin...I invited him over for dinner tomorrow so we can have a talk. Krista is dropping him off and I guess will pick him up after. I'm not discluding Krista, I just think we need to talk so I can drill into his head what he's on the verge of losing.

He said the following:
*He isn't being charged with a DUI. When they got the results of his blood test, his blood-alcohol level was only 0.02...the legal limit is 0.08

*What they held him for is the vicodin they found in the car. His "story" is that the car technically belongs to Krista's parents and the car her mom's car. He "thinks" the vicodin was her's...he has "no" idea how it got there.

*When I asked how the police even found him, he said that the next car that happened to be driving by after his accident was a cop.

*I didn't ask, but he offered, that someone "told the cop" that Kevin threw a beer bottle out of the car after the accident. I guess that's why they searched his car. Personally, I wonder if its how Kevin looks. He covered with tattoos and has those large hole ear thingys.

I honestly don't know WHAT to believe. I hate that I can't believe my own brother, but if I don't question it, I'm just being stupid.

Please pray that he's receptive to me tomorrow. I don't have any idea what I'll say to him...I'm just going to pray a lot and hope God guides me.

Thanks so much.

Love,
Kelly

luvofallhorses
06-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Kelly,

I will pray that he is receptive to you tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes. {{{{hugs}}}}

finn's mom
06-23-2005, 10:33 PM
I'll be thinking of you guys. It's so hard helping people that either don't realize they need it...or do, and, simply don't want it. Only time will tell......good luck......

kittycats_delight
06-23-2005, 10:33 PM
We are behind you 110% Kelly. My advice be caring and gentle but be firm. He needs to know he is not alone but you guys cannot stand there and watch him throw everything away. You say he is very caring and sweet so I don't think he would be non-responsive to you. And I don't think he would want to upset you or stress you too much. I hope not anyway. Good Luck Kelly. You are in my thoughts and I wish you all the luck with your brother tomorrow in the world. Please keep us posted.

{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle

petslover
06-23-2005, 10:35 PM
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything goes okay with your brother.

jennifert9
06-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Kelly,

Good luck to you and your brother. I hope it all works out OK. I think you should believe your brother unless he gives you reason to porve you wrong...
I have been through hell and back with my lying sister but this doesn't sound like the same situation....he seems sincere.

Give him the chance until he proves you wrong and go from there....
Keep us updated and don't put up with any *crap!!

Jennifer and Duncan::D

catnapper
06-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Glad to hear he's out and willing ot talk.
I hope tomorrow goes well with him. Is it like an intervention?

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks, guys! :)

Kim...I guess its a mini-intervention.

Do you guys think it should just be me??? Or should I have my mom come too? I know that with her there, he'll be less likely to open up...that isn't what I want.

finn's mom
06-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Do you guys think it should just be me??? Or should I have my mom come too? I know that with her there, he'll be less likely to open up...that isn't what I want.

sounds like you answered your own question. ;)

slick
06-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Kelly, I'm putting myself in Kevin's shoes.

Quite honestly, if I had something to reveal or admit to (for example, drug use), I would feel more comfortable talking to a good friend or sibling.....ANYONE, but my Mom. I would only speak to my Mom after talking to the others.

JMHO. Good luck sweetie and please keep us posted.

Oggyflute
06-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Good luck with it Kelly, be honest and straight with him. You will know if he's not doing the same. A bit of tough love would not go astray here. Best wishes mate.

shais_mom
06-24-2005, 12:41 AM
I think its time for a SISTER / BROTHER talk....

good luck to you and let me know how it goes..
If you want me to help drill it into his head - give me a call! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-24-2005, 01:43 AM
Good luck Kelly !!!!

King Spartacus
06-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Good luck! No matter what happend, if his story is true or not (I hope so... I really do!), he's still your brother... Give him a hug, and then have your talk! Fingers crossed!

Sylvie (KS' mom)

ramanth
06-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Much love and prayers Kelly. *hugs*

Pawsitive Thinking
06-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Good luck sweetheart - you can only do so much, despite all appearances to the contrary, your brother is a grown man who makes his own choices, no matter how bad x x

kittycats_delight
06-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Kelly, I agree that you should talk to him by yourself. I don't think he will be as likely to open up with your mom there. Be his sister and be honest but be tough if you have to be. Good Luck. {{{HUGS}}}
Michelle

Keep us posted

krazyaboutkatz
06-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Kelly, I agree that you should be the only one there to talk to him. I hope that everything goes well. Good luck.:)

gini
06-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Kelly, knowing you, I think you will be able to get at the root of the problem. Having your Mom there would not be a good idea.

Please understand what I am saying - certainly not intended to be judgemental - but your Mom might be part of the problem only due to the divorce. Your brother may be able to share with you his deepest feelings about that time - and you just might be surprised.

Brothers and sisters can cut to the quick - get to the heart of the matter in other words.

Most of all, he needs to know that you love him unconditionally -
and I am sure you have already expressed that. Guys don't talk about love - but they need it - just like the rest of us.

I wish you good luck and great success. Your brother may feel he has had no one to talk to..........and he will need to be reassured that he has your confidence. It would have been hard for him to discuss this in front of his girlfriend.

But in all of this - don't forget to take good care of YOU..........

And remember that sometimes problems cannot be solved in just one evening.

NoahsMommy
06-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks, guys!

Seeing your faith in me to help him open up is nice...thank you.

I'll try my hardest....at least he'll know that I love him, no matter what.

Hugs,
Kelly :)