PDA

View Full Version : Needing more prayers...this time, my Grandma...

Christiansmommy
06-23-2005, 08:55 PM
I had posted last week about Rob's Grandma needing prayers, since she just found out that she has breast cancer. Well, I have another request...

My Grandma (my dad's mother) has also been diagnosed with cancer. She has it throughout her body. We just found out over a week ago. And apparently, she only has a couple weeks left. She is a strong woman and is doing well considering everything. She is 89 years old. My Poppop died last year...so she will be reuniting with him, and with her Savior Jesus as well...so she is ready, but just amazed at how fast it is all happening. It has all been so sudden. She has such a strong faith in God...I am in awe of her faith in Him...she just keeps saying, " That I was going along planning my own life and so forth, and the Lord had other plans for me." I know I will see her again someday...but it will be hard for my dad, his 2 sisters, and all of the grandkids and family not having her here. I know she will be in great hands in Heaven though!!

Anyway, if you wouldn't mind saying a prayer that she passes as painless as possible and for our family as she goes through this.

thanks.

Robyn

luvofallhorses
06-23-2005, 09:07 PM
:( I am so sorry to hear this! Prayers on the way and {{{hugs}}} to you!

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Robyn,
I'm sorry about your grandmother...I know that has to be calming that she's ready for God and isn't scared. But its hard cause you'll miss her.

Lots of hugs and prayers for you, grandma and the family.

Hugs,
Kelly

petslover
06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
I hate to hear that your going through this. I am glad that your grandma is not scared to pass on to the other life, but I am sorry that you have to go through this. God Bless your entire family. Just be strong throughout this this situation.

jennifert9
06-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Please let your Grandmother pass peacefully... I hope and pray tha tshe passes peacefully...God, hear my prayers....

Love to all of you,

Jennifer & Duncan

captain
06-23-2005, 10:14 PM
I am so sorry to hear about both your Grandmas'

Prayers and {{{hugs}}} coming your way.

Love
Michelle

rizzy
06-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Robyn I will keep your family and especially your grandma in my prayers and thoughts. I admire you for looking at it this way though, to let you know. Also to remind you Heaven is the best place possible and its actually a very comforting thought, there is no better place to be. I am sorry all this is happening so fast, and again I will keep you all in my prayers. {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

Love,

Rachel, and Sally

Oggyflute
06-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Best thoughts and wishes for your Grandma, and your family Robyn.

CountryWolf07
06-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Prayers & thoughts sent out to you..

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-24-2005, 01:46 AM
Good luck to your grandma! I hope she has the opportunity to slip away in her sleep :D :eek:

sandragonfly
06-24-2005, 02:23 AM
sorry. :(

you and your complete relatives will be in my thoughts and I agree with lut, hope she'll rest peacefully while she's dreaming sweet.

you takke care, hugs.

Logan
06-26-2005, 06:54 AM
Robyn's grandmother passed away last night. She was also Pam's mother in law. Please remember this family in your thoughts and prayers today and in the following days as they deal with this loss. :(

Logan

Kfamr
06-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Robyn, I hadn't gotten the chance to let you know, but I have been thinking of you all.
I'm very, very sorry for all of this tragic news. It seems a lot of us have had a bad start in the year. :( Hopefully we look forward to a much better half.

{{HUGS}} to you and the family. Let me know if I can do anything.

sasvermont
06-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Dearest Pam. Robyn and family,

I am so sorry to hear that your sweet Grandma and Mom left this earth. It sounded as though she was prepared and is out of discomfort now.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

We all must go someday. Sad, but true. It will be my time some day.

Love, hugs and prayers,

SAS

Rachel
06-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Knowing Pam has given me the opportunity to know a little bit about this amazing woman. She will forever be a role model for me although I doubt I could ever hope to measure up, even a little, to the example she has set. I understand the loss her passing will have on her family. I do think her God has called her home to receive the rewards and blessings and recognize her service to Him.

Robyn and Pam my thoughts too are with you and your family members.

Pam
06-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Thank you everyone. Her passing was peaceful. She tried to speak with us but the morphine made it hard for us to understand her. She did smile a few times and we know she was hearing everything we said. We left her at 8:00 PM and she died around 10:00 PM knowing that we had all been there. We all had our chance to tell her we loved her one more time. Thank you again for your caring notes.