PDA

View Full Version : I finally bought some tee trea oil for fleas, now what do I do with it???

caseysmom
06-23-2005, 08:09 PM
I can't remember...do I add a few drops to the puppers shampoo?

caseysmom
06-24-2005, 09:13 AM
bump...

finn's mom
06-24-2005, 09:15 AM
That's cool, I've never heard of doing that before.....I'm interested in seeing the answer! ;)

Giselle
06-24-2005, 02:40 PM
I remember what I was told to do with medicated shampoos. With medicated shampoos, you were supposed to squirt a palmful of straight shampoo into a cup or container and mix it with water (I don't remember the ratios). Then you pour the watered shampoo onto the dog and lather and let sit. I would suppose you do the same with tea tree oil. Just squirt a palmful into your hand and mix it with tea tree oil and water and lather it into your pup. Or, with homemade conditioner- you wash the pup and afterwards, you rinse the dog well. Then, you pour the homemade conditioner over the pup and dry off. Maybe you could use this method, but then...wouldn't your pup be kind of oily? LOL.

I know there are tea tree oil infused commercial shampoos out there, so I guess you could use the first method. Good luck! You might want to call your groomer.

Kfamr
06-24-2005, 02:45 PM
We just mix in a few drops in their shampoo bottle. It doesn't take much to work, and the smell of the shampoo is usually over powered by it.

Cookiebaker
06-24-2005, 03:08 PM
That's so cool! I didn't know you could tea trea oil on your dogs coat for fleas. We even have some! :)

caseysmom
06-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone. I will try it this weekend. I haven't seen any fleas but bubba seems to be scratching around his collar, he has a new collar on though.

I need to get him microchipped so I can take that collar off every now and then. He has never gotten loose or anything but now that Casey is microchipped I feel like bubba is vulnerable.