PDA

View Full Version : Could you love this dog? *edited*

anna_66
06-23-2005, 07:43 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/p28f4cc681fddbbd5a0d9f522b0eeebfb/f3924229.jpg
I mean seriously...Could you? Look at all that foam (He just got a treat and that's what it looks like when he's done eating it, and this is a good day:eek: )!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/pee8f00d29cd2d53dba64421446b940bd/f3924232.jpg

Some days I have such a hard time with the slime. You can't even walk outside without getting slimed somewhere and it wouldn't bet so bad, but his nose comes almost up to my pit!! When he's in the house it isn't so bad but going outside...be prepared:o
Yes, we knew when we got a mastiff what we were getting into, BUT STILL:p

But all in all I do love my boy, even when he's sucking my ear :rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/p5c6ef4a8d08399c99641d5733a11c2ef/f3924236.jpg
or giving me big kisses IN the ear:o
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/pb9566242e3f6413754b2561084c6f798/f392423a.jpg

Now how about you? Think you could deal with the slime for kisses like that:D

*edit* look down in my next post at the video and picture I added.

Samantha Puppy
06-23-2005, 07:48 PM
CUTE PICS!!! And yes, I think I could deal with the slime if I got kisses that made me make faces like that. :)

finn's mom
06-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I'd love the slobber! :)

finn's mom
06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey, Anna, did you see the quote from my day to day calendar that i posted today? Here it is if you missed it, how appropriate!

If kisses were ranked on a scale of sloppiness, then dog kisses would surely be ranked number one.

petslover
06-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Yes, I could deal with slimey kissies from that big pup!

ParNone
06-23-2005, 07:53 PM
LOL! great pics anna! I gotta tell ya though, I think I'll just stick to loving Bon from a far. I'm not too big on drool. Collie hair everywhere and them dribbling water all over the floor is about my limit. I did not give my lil' Cairns enough credit for being so neat and tidy. :)

Par...

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Um...mind you, I'm used to cats, so...uh...it'd be a little gross at first. ;) But he's soooo cute!!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

I think that is sooooooo cute that he sucks on your ear!!! That's the sweetest thing, Anna! :D

cyber-sibes
06-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Anna, those are some wondeful pictures! Especially the one of him sucking on your ear, what a sweet little(?) baby!
I have to admit, I'm spoiled by my slobber-less huskies, it grosses me out at the dogpark when some wonderful dog runs up and I get slimed (but I love em all anyway!;) ) MY RB girl Rosie was a bit slobbery, but I loved every one of her sloppy kisses! One look at Bon's big sweet face....who could resist that adoring expression!

chocolatepuppy
06-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm not crazy about slime but isn't that what they made clothes for, to wipe it on? ;) The slime wouldn't keep me away from Bon ! :D

KYS
06-23-2005, 08:12 PM
LOL! I never saw a dog suck a human ear before.

Forget the slime but he is so adarable and so are you.

luvofallhorses
06-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Yes I could deal with it! :D He probably slobbers more than my Buster ;) How could you not deal with it with a face like that?! :D

Ginger's Mom
06-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Hmm...I'm not sure. Could I borrow him for a while to find out? :D

Cookiebaker
06-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Awww Anna, both of you are soo cute! Emerson tries to do the same thing to my ears! :o

I understand where you are coming from. I can totally see where "being slimed" would get reeeeeeeeeally old, but that's not saying that you love him any less!!

IRescue452
06-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Of course I could love a big slimebucket like him! I don't think I'd have many of my friends stopping by though :eek:

captain
06-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Sucking your ear!!!! - how gorgeous (and slimey!!!):D

anna_66
06-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by IRescue452
I don't think I'd have many of my friends stopping by though :eek:
You learn fast who your real friends are (robilee!). Kinda sad though, quite a few of my friends won't visit now:(

Par, KYS, cyber-sibes, NoahsMommy can't say I blame you one bit! Takes quite alot to get used to it (hmmm do you really ever get used to it???!!!).

finn's mom, no I never seen that...so true!

Ginger's Mom, when do you want me to bring him by;)

Yeah I know I couldn't live without him, but I tell you...I sure can't wait for him to grow up...oops guess he's grown UP but I mean mentally:p He's still a BIG BIG puppy!

And anyone who wants some big sloppy kisses just come one by and I'm sure Bon would be obliged to give you as many kisses as you want!

Just had to share this too....this is what my back door looks like most of the time:o Sure you could handle it???:D:D:p:p
This is after it's cleaned! The video is before!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/p0c59d5a21cfd60b36c6e51690ac33614/f398c4b7.jpg

jennifert9
06-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Anna, are you KIDDING me!! I live for that kind of slime!! It's "love" slime!!! Keep it in a jar forever!! :D

captain
06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Anna,

I PROMISE you, when and if I ever come to the USA, I WILL BE visiting the slimeball!!!!!

luvofallhorses
06-23-2005, 09:10 PM
LOL! :D That video is SO funny! Bon will you come clean my windows ;)

RobiLee
06-23-2005, 09:12 PM
OMG....Girlfriend, you have had me laughing all evening long:D :D !! You are just killing me...LOL;) :p !

Yes, I could and do love that dog! Now you know that I would never have a big slobber dog for myself but right from the start I told you I loved that nephew of mine and that he could slobber on me anytime he wanted ;). Tori and I have learned all about slobber, drool, foam and SLINGERS....eewww...LOL...since we have met that boy of yours and what can I say except...WE LOVE THE BON-MONSTER!:p :p :D :D

Awww, Anna...those pics of you two are priceless! Thank you so much for the laughs and smiles tonite.

Huge hugs for you and Bonbon boy!:) :)

RobiLee
06-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Hehehehehe...LOL...I just saw the video!

*makes note*....1. Remember to buy Anna lots of window cleaner and drool towels.

;) :p

Vette
06-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Hehehehe! thats funny. i love your pictures:D
i get kisses on my ears from my dog too.

one time i feel asleep while reading a book and i woke up to a pink tongue in my ear. LOL

finn's mom
06-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Oh, my gosh, that is completely disgusting. I love it! :) It's part of the love package, though, isn't it? You knew what you were getting. ;) Just like when I would walk out of the dog park covered in mud (literally, in my hair, my mouth, you name it), with Finn in tow. :) I knew I was getting when I got a lab. I love the dirt. :) He slimes my car windows, that's about it, though.

But, seriously, I think Bon is tremendously beautiful! How much does he weigh, now?

dukedogsmom
06-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Those pics of you and Bon are so cute. I am kind of glad I visited before he got so slimey :p BUT if I were your friend up there, I wouldn't stop visiting you. I'd just deal with it for a while, then go home and clean up. Sorry they don't want to come by any more but it's their loss. We all love Bon!

Oggyflute
06-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Just loved the pics and vid Anna. I sure can relate, but maybe not on Bon's scale.:D I get woken up by a big slobering kiss every morning.:D (Carole never gets first dibs:D ). I'd give Bon a big kiss and cuddle anytime.;)

CountryWolf07
06-24-2005, 12:03 AM
My goodness!! LOL.. that video made me giggle! :) So adorable... I'd come visit him.. but he'd probably knock me down since I'm pretty short!

Bigyummydog
06-24-2005, 12:06 AM
I live for big puppy kisses. Those pics are so adorable. The video too. You still have another year or more before he stops having to taste everything. MAXIMUS only drools when we are eating. Long slimy drools. Thank god for towels. Are you tired of the drool mister? Send him this way. We'll have him. He is a big yummy puppy.

Kfamr
06-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Really, when I was there he didn't seem as bad as some people assume so. His drooling didn't bother me much at all.. it's not like he's diseased or something. Just a quick wipe and it's gone. ;)

I love that Bonny boy.. you know I do. Can't wait to cuddle and hug that big boy again.

wolf_Q
06-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Of course I could love Bon...I do love Bon, he's such a handsome and sweet big teddy bear. :D I don't know if I would ever get a drooly dog (Nebo's a water drinking slob as it is) but I love visiting and playing with them, a bit of doggy drool never hurt anyone. ;) :D That video is so cute, isn't it nice to have a free window washer? :p Bon gives nice kisses and they really aren't slobbery, that's only when food and water is involved hehe.

shais_mom
06-24-2005, 12:34 AM
of course I could LOVE HIM!!
And If I didn't live so far away I would visit more often too! :)

gemini9961
06-24-2005, 02:06 AM
I've never had a dog with that much slobber, but I could get used to it. It would most likely keep all unwanted guests away so it could be a blessing ;) I'd like to get a kiss from Bon, even if he did slobber me up. :)

joycenalex
06-24-2005, 05:57 AM
so if he slobbers for a mere treat, what amounts do you get for pizza night? thanks for the early am guffaw, love those pictures

Jadapit
06-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Bon can slobber on me anytime!:D That really stinks that your friends quit coming over because of Bon. Some people! Btw, YES I
could love that dog.:)

anna_66
06-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by captain
Anna,

I PROMISE you, when and if I ever come to the USA, I WILL BE visiting the slimeball!!!!!
Do you know how awesome that would be:D

Bigyummydog, I'll send him for a visit but no, I'd never get tired of him:D

Glad you all enjoyed and love my slimeball;)

K9soul
06-24-2005, 01:26 PM
I must admit that I hate getting slimed, drool is something I'm more squeamish about than some things, but it certainly wouldn't stop me from loving that boy up :D. Tommy can get pretty drooly/foamy when he's been running hard and panting like a choo choo. This pic is from earlier this spring and you may have seen it, but it illustrates what I'm saying about Tommy :D. That "shoestring" is his drool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Tommy%20and%20Tasha%2018/0329quarrytashtom5.jpg

Sometimes when he's running and gets that it'll fly over and wrap around his muzzle LOL. We just wipe with a towel but generally don't have to do it regularly except when he's been running or out in the heat. :) I don't mind that I just hate when he rubs his face on me and I get "slimed," which you are familiar with with your drooly boy :D

Suki Wingy
06-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Hehehe, who cares about slime? I mean, it's easyer to clean than little barby dal hairs are going to be! Bon, I love you, slober and all!:D

*LabLoverKEB*
06-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Awwwww, I've always wanted a big giant doggy, something like Bon Boy! He's soooo adorable!:)

ParNone
06-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Wow that sucketh about your friends anna. I was thinking about it though and I've no doubt, my mom and sister would stop visiting me, if I had a dog like Bon. As it is, my sister was crazed, because Oz breathed on her. I can also remember her going over the edge, because Maddie licked on the back of her calf once. She was convinced she needed a shower after that trauma. Imagine a dog having the gall to actually lick you. (If anybody's wondering I took after my dad in my love for dogs. ;))

Par...

beeniesmom
06-24-2005, 07:28 PM
OH YES! We can all deal with it!
Slobbery treat mess..... Beenie just brought me a slobbery ball to throw. :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Oh, how could you NOT love that adorable, sweet, slobbery face, even if drool gets everywhere!?!?:D I love you Bon!!!:D;)

Glacier
06-25-2005, 05:10 PM
How could anyone not love that big sweetie??

Heyoka is our drooler. He doesn't really slobber much, but he's a very messy drinker and thinks my legs are the best place to get rid of the excess!

LauraT7
06-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Bon is adorable! and YES! I could love that big droobly-faced boy!!

However, that video clip of his 'washing' the back door is just a riot! It had both me and my son rolling with laughs! What a big 'ol sweetie he is!

My goldens have never been really bad about drooling - but they DO tend to slime up balls really good ( Tara and Toby did that) and Tristan could NOT get a drink without carrying half a bowlful of water across the floor and across our laps in his mouth..... Fizzy isn't so bad with the water bowl.... she's a ball crazy golden, but she doesn't seem to slime them up too bad.

It occurs to me - I used to make baby 'teething bibs' for my friends - when their human babies were teething and constantly drooling. Why couldn't someone make something similar for 'drooly' dogs? They're really easy - For babies, I just used a decorative hand towel, you cut about a 6" diameter hole (head sized) in one end and edge the hole with T-shirt ribbing (It stretches) they make great little bibs to absorb baby spit, spit-up, food, etc and go right in the washer.

You'd need a bigger towel for a "Bon Sized" bib, but then he'd be able to always carry his own towel with him to get his face wiped! Make a few of them, and he'll always have one handy!

I have also heard of a few people who have taught their dogs to 'wipe their faces' by hanging a towel on a door handle, back of a chair, etc and making it smell like a treat - so that the dog wipes their face on it. That could reduce the 'slime factor' for more prissy visitors!

laura

DogLover9501
06-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Definatly :D

I wish I could come visit your pups, Anna!

captain
06-26-2005, 07:19 PM
K9Soul - Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

What a great pic!!!!

Cincy'sMom
06-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Of course we love the Bon boy!!! Slobber and all!!!

And one of these days we will have to come visit!!!

delidog
06-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Anna,
I Could "LOVE" The Bon Monster Any day and Every Day!!!!!!
Don't Forget,I Have the "Joey Monster!!!"

Hugs and Treats!!!!

P.S.
LOVE the Pics!!

anna_66
06-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Laura that's definately a wonderful idea about the bibs...couldn't make them too long though, he'd proabaly want to eat them:p

senorita02
06-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Bon is utterly AMAZING! He is sooo adorable, and yes i would take the slime anytime for a nibble on the ear like that, Rita does the nibbles too on your nose and ears and toes, it is soooo adorable!

Give that big boy a smooch from me!

Dixieland Dancer
06-27-2005, 12:00 PM
:D :D :D I'm still laughing from the video! What flavor of window cleaner were you using and where can I get some? My guess is Chocolate! LOL ;)

Of course I could (AND DO!) Love Bon! Your love for him and the stories you share of him, have him melted firmly in my heart!

BTW.... If they don't visit because of the dogs, then I'm ok with it because anybody that doesn't like my dogs isn't worth me liking! I have been known to not even go to certain family functions because the dogs were not welcome. Love me.... Love my dogs! ;)