PDA

View Full Version : going to Tennessee..Little bit is travaling need advice

countrycowgirl
06-23-2005, 05:29 PM
hey guys,
well I am soo excited cause we are going to TN!!!! :D ...we are leaving early Saturday morning and will be back on the 2nd of July...this is where we are staying http://www.jacksonmountain.com/book/house.html?Num=2BROOKT

the best part is that Little Bit gets to go! I wish that chewie could but I don't think that she would be happy traveling that long and my Grandpa is going to be coming every morning and evening to let them in and out of the house and feed and water them so chewie and Roxie will be happier her they love Grandpa:D ...but I wanted some advice on traveling long distances with dogs ...Little bit loves to travel so I think he will do fine he has a crate but I don't think he will be happy staying in it for too long ...how do you and your dogs travel? what are some good
tips?

shutterbug0303
06-23-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't have any specific tips for you...Skye is getting ready to travel with me tomorrow to FL (about 10-11 hours). She is great in and car and mostly sleeps. When I travel with the pups, I lay the seats down so they have the back and put their bed down. Skye just sleeps the whole time. We give her plenty of water at every stop (every 2-3 hours) but hold back on the food. Many outside trips is the key! Have a great time and get tons of photos! :D

KYS
06-23-2005, 06:05 PM
The Place you will be staying at looks beautiful.

When I travel with my dogs,
these are the items I would bring that makes
my life more easier.

Dog's id, rabies certificate and a photo. (incase lost)
Vet Phone number
2 leashes and an extra collar, incase one breaks.
1 tie out.
water bowl/food dish
Towel
dog food/water
dog toy
poo poo bags.
Flea/tick stuff
first aid kit
shampoo

I would stop about every 3-4 hours to
let the dogs have a pee pee break etc.
I bring enough water in the car incase they
get thirsty. In the beginning the dogs are excited but
once they calm down they sleep the rest of the trip.

countrycowgirl
06-23-2005, 08:23 PM
thanks so much guys!!....I am sooo EXCITED!!....I just can't wait!!...thank you so much for the list KYS!! I started packing his stuff today amd that list is a great help!!!:D

luvofallhorses
06-24-2005, 10:35 PM
I have no advice because it's all been said :) Have a great time and please get pictures! :D

finn's mom
06-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Be careful, and, have fun! All the other advice has been given! :)