PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts NEEDED RIGHT NOW!!

Kfamr
06-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Omg, I'm freaking out.

There's been a tornado spotted near where my friend lives, about a half hour away. I was just talking to him online and he signed off without saying anything. I'm so worried right now. Please send some good thoughts Bob's way. :( :eek: :( :eek:

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh no!!:( That really sucks! Good thoughts coming your way!!:(

Jadapit
06-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Whoa! I would be freaking out also. Keeping Bob in my thoughts.

k9krazee
06-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Wow!!! Bob will definately be in our thoughts!!!

luvofallhorses
06-23-2005, 03:52 PM
:( Good thoughts going Bob's way..

primabella
06-23-2005, 03:56 PM
I hope everything is alright.

caseysmom
06-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Maybe he lost power, hopefully everything is okay.

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Lots of prayer going to Bob and his family.

hopefully they have some form of shelter they go to during these scary time. :eek:

countrycowgirl
06-23-2005, 04:38 PM
:eek: oh wow how scary!!...tons of good thought and prayers coming bob's way!!

chocolatepuppy
06-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Good thoughts headed Bobs way. Hopefully it means he just lost power.

anna_66
06-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Well lets just hope he lost power and that's all. Do you have his #? Maybe you could call him.
I'll be keeping him in my thoughts.

Karen
06-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Hopefully he's just hiding somewhere safe, in the basement or something, and is okay. Let us know when you hear anything, okay?

Kfamr
06-23-2005, 05:36 PM
They haven't reported anything on TV yet and the weather is looking a lot nicer here. Hopefully you all are right and his power just went out.

Toby's my baby
06-23-2005, 05:56 PM
I hope everything is all right!!

We have a tornado warning for here also...:o

shutterbug0303
06-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Please keep us posted Kay! I hope everything is alright with Bob! Did they report that it was a larger tornado?? I'm going to keep my eye open for some info on FL weather!

Oggyflute
06-24-2005, 02:43 AM
Best thoughts and wishes for Bob, I hope he's OK.

chocolatepuppy
06-24-2005, 05:01 AM
Any news Kay? Have you talked to Bob?

lbaker
06-24-2005, 05:12 AM
As if hurricanes weren't enough. I didn't know Florida even had a tornado problem, ever :( The news hasn't reported a THING! I guess if it isn't local it's not news. So sorry. Have you heard anything Kay?

joycenalex
06-24-2005, 05:52 AM
kay, how is he?

K9soul
06-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
The news hasn't reported a THING!

A tornado warning doesn't always mean a tornado is on the ground. We get tornado warnings and sirens any time there is a wall cloud or funnel cloud with rotation sighted, so that people are aware and prepared in case it does touch the ground. If every warning was on the news there'd be no room for anything else :D. I am sure, however, it would have been on the news if it had caused major damage or any casualties, so in this case no news is almost certainly good news! My best friend from college, a wildlife ecologist who lives in FL, says they have a lot of warnings but their tornadoes are commonly smaller and don't stay on the ground long (compared to where we both grew up in MO). My guess is a power outage, or else he logged out quickly to go to the basement.

Kfamr
06-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks for caring everyone. :)
Bob is fine. He said his internet went out. I talked to him before I went to bed (around 4 am :o )

We get tornadoes OFTEN here. With every hurricane, we get tornadoes. Yesterday wasn't just a "warning" - they spoted actual tornadoes.

Also, Florida doesn't have basements.

K9soul
06-24-2005, 11:36 AM
A tornado not touching the ground is still an actual tornado and preempts a warning. The majority never touch ground but sometimes dip as far down as the treetops to cause damage. My post was directed to lbaker who was confused about why it wasn't on the news, and my point was not every tornado is something like what is seen in tornado movies or stormchaser clips :).

I studied weather a lot as part of my ecology major program in college and have always been fascinated by all of it, especially having grown up in an area with constant tornadoes. One bad one in particular I remember happened on Christmas. Mom and I were volunteers for the red cross tornado cleanup crew too, we helped a lot of people clean up damaged trees and houses. I've never had one actually hit my house, but the last place I lived (in Battlefiend, MO), was ripped to pieces by a bad tornado a couple years after I moved to MN, and I've witnessed them and their damage. My father, sister, and friend live in Florida (and I was born there myself!), and I know there are frequent tornadoes, especially with hurricanes. The difference is they tend to dip down and back up much more there, not staying on the ground and traveling for miles like they so often do in the midwestern states. Of course that does not mean they don't cause havoc, and actually makes them more unpredictable. I know how frightening they can be, and I'm glad your friend is ok.

finn's mom
06-24-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm glad it wasn't too serious, and, your friend is all right!

flamepony12
06-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Glad he's okay! Sorry I didn't see this earlier!

NoahsMommy
06-24-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm so glad Bob was OK, Kay. That's scary! :eek:

Kfamr
06-24-2005, 06:49 PM
I was supposed to go visit with him tonight but I had to cancel because of Nala's hot spot. (Thankfully he understand because he's an animal person too, used to have a dog that looked just like Kiara) :( I made him a cool birthday collage (it's probably weird to a lot of you, but I showed him a picture already and he loves it.) He's going to make a song about one of the phrases I put on it. :p

*LabLoverKEB*
06-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm glad he's ok, that must've been real scary!:eek: