PDA

View Full Version : rescued a Cardinal

doolittleky
06-23-2005, 03:30 PM
I was over my parent's house and I was leaving and they had their garage door open and there was a cardinal flying around in there trying to get out but couldn't . I was afraid it was going to hurt itself running up against the window so I got a ladder and climbed up and picked it up while it was on the window sill and took it out of the garage and it flew away all safe and sound.

Melissa

kittycats_delight
06-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Good job Melissa....we need to add birdie rescuer to your job description. :)

cruisetime
06-23-2005, 04:16 PM
We got a hummingbird last year that was in our garage and had spider webs all over him. He wasnt' moving so we took him out back and cleaned him real gentle and put a hummingbird feeder next to him and stuck his little nose in the flower petel and voila!!! He perked up and then flew off - I have to admit it was a wonderful feeling!!! Debbie

catmandu
06-23-2005, 04:41 PM
MY DEAR MOTHER,RESCUED A BIRD,FROM THE CLUTCHES,OF GEORGE,THE TABBY CAT,WHO WAS OUR MOST ACCOMPLISHED HUNTER.THEN MY MOTHER,TOOK,THE BIRD,TO OUR FRONT YARD,AND THNAKFULLY,THAT STARLING,WAS MOE SHOCKED,THAN REALY HURT.
BUT ODDLY,GEORGE,NEVER TRUSTED MY MOTHER,EVER AGAIN,AROUND HIS PREY!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture423.jpg

orangemm
06-23-2005, 05:13 PM
About 10 years ago, my husband found a wounded pigeon in our backyard. He used an old cold frame as a cage and kept the pigeon in there for several weeks while his wound healed. He cleaned out the injury (someone shot him with a bb gun) and then made up a concoction of oats, bird seed, dried fruit and other things that would bind together

He rolled it into little balls and hand fed the pigeon, who we named Walter, all during the day.

Walter was content to stay in the enclosure and when he was healed, he took short flights around the neighborhood, but returned at night to sleep in the cage.

He finally took off on his own, but he would fly back to the yard to "visit".

We have pictures of him eating out of Jeff's hand and of him in the cage.

Melissa, you were lucky that the bird held still long enough to grab him! I'm happy you were able to rescue this little creature!

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 06:54 PM
thank you!! :) surprised he'd stay until you caught him, must be a sweet one. ;)

just last week, me sitting in a class, there was a door to outside and a birdie came in! I got distracted and smiled.

but :eek: my teacher ran to shoo it out..

hey!! she was just saying hi! don't scare her like that..she'll figure to get out of here...poof!

the hour went by, birdie's still inside, there must be food crumbs somewhere! class went over, I wanted to 'rescue' her out before people scatter all over, yikes! but when I approached her, she hopped her tiny-wee claws out and flew away.

it was a nice stop-by and smile I got too! :)