PDA

View Full Version : Steve Earle in the Yukon!!

Glacier
06-23-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm so excited I can hardly see straight. Our local radio station announced this morning that Steve Earle is going to play in Whitehorse on July 26. I am a total Steve addict. My dog Earle is named after him. I own absolutely everything he's ever recorded, including a few things that I paid way too much for!!

I already have reserved tickets. I can't believe he's coming here!!! No one ever comes up here!!! Last time I saw him I had to fly to Vancouver!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm sorry, but I've never heard about him. What kind of music does he make?

ramanth
06-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Very cool!! :D

Glacier
06-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
I'm sorry, but I've never heard about him. What kind of music does he make?

He used to do country music. His biggest chart hit was Copperhead Road. Now he's a little hard to classify! He's done a couple folk albums, a bluegrass, a rock album. He's become very political in his last few albums. His music no longer gets radio play in part because of his political opinions and because it doesn't fit nicely into a musical format.

JenBKR
06-23-2005, 01:19 PM
His name is not familiar, but I know the song Copperhead Road. That sucks that his political opinions get in the way of air time. One should have nothing to do with the other!

CountryWolf07
06-23-2005, 01:40 PM
I've heard of him! :) Have fun!

kittycats_delight
06-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Have fun and don't scream too much. LOL

Glacier
06-23-2005, 05:56 PM
I just found out that he's also playing Haines, AK at their state fair on July 30. I jokingly said to my husband, "wanna go to both shows?". He replied--"might as well, he won't be back up here". :D :D :D For both of us to go to both shows is still going to be cheaper than the airfare to Vancouver was last time and I went alone to that show!

Haines is only a four hour drive from here--a spectacular drive at that. My father in law will take care of the critters for us--really only one night. We'd leave on Saturday afternoon and be back Sunday evening, so he'd have to feed the dogs once and scoop litterboxes. (the cats always have food out). I can take my kayak and actually use it on the ocean. :D :D :D Stuart can go salmon fishing on Sunday while I go paddling.

I can hardly wait!!!

kittycats_delight
06-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Oh wow what a great little getaway. Have loads of fun. I know you will. And don't forget to take pictures. :)

lizbud
06-23-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't know the performer, but you certainly sound excited
about this.:D Hope you & your husband have a terrific time.:D

Please take a few pictures if you are able. I've never seen
a kayak in the ocean. :)