PDA

View Full Version : Hair ties and cardboard boxes

Jennsen
06-23-2005, 07:14 AM
It's funny how when I see a cat toy in the store and buy it thinking the kitty's will just love it....and get it home and they could care less what it is! But, if there is a cardboard box or a clothes basket big enough for them to crawl in they compete and play in it for days!

Caroline, my only girlie in the "house" group, always seems to find those fuzzy hair ties my daughter leaves laying around house. She runs around with them in her mouth growling at all the others like she has something very important. Also, If I'm still on the computer or reading, she'll stand and stare at me until I look at her, and then she'll make a short "fdththrrrrrr" noise at me and runs away. She comes right back and when I make the noise back at her, she runs away, coming right back to make the noise herself back at me. This can go on for hours sometimes and I laugh and laugh at her silliness!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/LynnSea7/peek.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/LynnSea7/lizandcaroline.jpg
This is my daughter with Caroline at the 4-H cat show where is won the Grand Champion Award

This is Jack play peek in the clothes basket

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-23-2005, 12:57 PM
LOL!! I love that pic of kitty-in-the-laundry-basket!!:) :)

furrykidsmother
06-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Funny isn't it. They enjoy some toys, but the simpler things are the ones much more enjoyed. Crumpled paper, an empty box etc. I Love the laundry basket shot. I have a few that love to assist with the laundry too. Especially on a cold day when the laundry is warm out of the dryer. Rusty loves to pick up his mouse and guard it with his life, he makes all kinds of silly, growling noises and my husband loves to imitate him. The others Garfield, Fluffy and Gidget are pretty good about sharing, but not Rusty. What's his is his and don't try to take it away! LOL!!

BTW, both your daughter and Caroline are lovely!

kilbarchancats
06-30-2005, 07:31 AM
awwwww laundry baskets are just the BEST fun agree Max, Candy and Tom. All those nice conveniently space gaps to shove paws through.

We push them round the room in the basket to help with them playing a driving!!:cool:

Lightning SuperCat
07-14-2005, 06:50 AM
Lightning loves cardboard boxes and baskets, too. Any small space, especially if it has paper in it! He never plays with the toys we buy him but he steals little stuffed animals from me. His favorites are a koala and a lion. :rolleyes: