PDA

View Full Version : Cat Cartoon -- Cooking with cats

AmberLee
02-12-2002, 04:15 PM
Thought you might enjoy today's Arlo 'n Janis cartoon (http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/arlonjanis/archive/images/arlonjanis20182814020212.gif) . Arlo is cooking but he's not alone in the kitchen...

NoahsMommy
02-12-2002, 04:17 PM
OK, AMEN!!! As soon as I open anything that is in the meat family, they come running and wont stop begging and crying!!

That is too cute!! :D

Randi
02-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Typical - just typical!!

If I'm in the kitchen preparing red meat, liver or raw fish, Fister will be there in
NO TIME! Even if he is fast asleep 3 rooms away! :D

thelmalu99
02-12-2002, 08:05 PM
Elvis will come flying any time he hears a can being opened. You have to show him that it's not tuna ("look, honey, look...it's a can of peas. You don't even like peas!!). Then he calms down. :rolleyes:

AmberLee
02-12-2002, 08:07 PM
:D :cool: :D So comforting to know that my fur-babies are ... as normal as cats get!

gini
02-12-2002, 10:42 PM
Oh, Thelmalu, isn't it the truth - what we go through feeding our cats.

Whether we are opening a can, or eating our dinner, Rascal has to be in on it.

I call it, giving him the right of refusal - like "look, this is lettuce I am eating - you hate lettuce."

But last night as he was sleeping, I brought home turkey and managed to get a plate ready for him while he slept. His reaction was WOW - WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?

Logan
02-12-2002, 10:52 PM
Butter's weakness is anything "dairy". He is always planted right by Helen's chair in the morning so he can get a bite of whatever she is eating. He loves eggs, cheese, milk, etc. Its too funny to watch him winding around her legs, just hoping for a bite. And of course, he likes bagels too....go figure!!! :D

Former User
02-13-2002, 02:17 AM
Ok, it doesn't matter what we're doing in the kitchen, cats are always there with us. If I'm doing dishes, they're keeping me company, and wait for me to splash a bit of water for them. And no matter what food I'm cooking, they both will tell me how to do it and will supervice the whole process. Needless to say that I end up stepping on tails and paws few times, and actually get blamed for it, although I didn't ask them to join me :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
02-13-2002, 02:35 PM
Ditto, Niina. Noah and Noel are always "helping" in the kitchen.

When we put the dishes away from the dishwasher. One of the furkids are always trying help, by making sure mommy or daddy got all of the dishes out, especially over in the back, by the heating coil! :rolleyes:

As I have said in other posts, they love to eat whatever we give the bunnies-collard greens and carrot tops rating high on their list-yet if I am eating an apple or any type of fruit, they act like they want it and turn their nose up when I offer it. (Knowing full well they wont like it, and saying aloud " You KNOW you don't like this!")

It is funny how cats seem to do the same things! :)

purrley
02-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Sometimes I just want to give my Spencer a little treat (like a fancy feast). So when I get him alone in the kitchen I try with all my might to open the can (ever so quietly) so the others don't hear it - almost never happens!!!! Wherever they are in the house they can hear that can opening and here comes the thundering herd:D :D talk about sonic ears:D :D :D

wayne0214
02-13-2002, 08:57 PM
Dittos, on the can opener. I cannot open a can of anything without Snow Cat, Snow. Tiger, and a few others come running to see what "they can get". Opportunists, they are!:D

..............wayne

Cougie Wechsler
02-13-2002, 10:19 PM
Wayne, so true!!!:D Cougie, Fester, and Maximus have learned that the counter is off limits but our new baby Grace has not. Cooking has been a challenge because she always wants a bite of whatever we are making. We now have to watch over whatever is on the stove in order to keep her from burning herself. Ah the joys of kittenhood!

AmberLee
02-13-2002, 10:44 PM
I haven't convinced Cassy that the stove and cabinets are off-limits. :rolleyes: I'm so afraid that he will prove Mark Twain's adage that "a cat, once burned, will never sit on a hot stove again ... or a cold one, either." :eek: :(