PDA

View Full Version : Ok I need Pt prayer power

Corinna
06-22-2005, 11:36 PM
On Sunday night hubbys lower back and leg pain became more that he could tolerate We went off at 2AM to the ER. After 3 shots one of valum. he got to sleep for the first time in 3 nights.
We went to the chropractor and the x-rays showed a twist in the lower 2 vertabra and a pinched nerve. After 2 treatments and electrical inpulse machine he seems worse.
Could I ask for some of that great PT prayer power for him. Even for just some releif of some of the pain. He's self employed and is starting to worry about things.
Thanks for the prayers in advance.

gini
06-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Corinna, you can count on my prayers for your husband.

I am sure he is frightened and frustrated. I am so sorry that this is happening for you both.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Corinna, prayers to you and hubby from me and my gang. My uncles dad is going through almost the EXACT same thing... I know how hard it is!

We love you, always be strong! *hugs across the miles*

jesse_3
06-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Prayers, hugs, and Jesse's kisses headed your way! I hope that your husband starts feeling better soon. You two will be kept in my prayers tonight!

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 12:40 AM
corinna!

you both will be in my thoughts all way down here immediately. do you know what caused the trouble to your hubsand? :( sure hope it'll not even get worse..

much huggles for you!! xo's.

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 12:49 AM
:( That sounds miserable!!!

Prayers going out to you and your hubby.

krazyaboutkatz
06-23-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Oggyflute
06-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to your husband Corrina.

wolf_Q
06-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Hope your husband will be feeling better soon Corinna.

captain
06-23-2005, 01:43 AM
Corinna,

I know what back pain is like ......... and I wish him very speedy pain relief and recovery.

{{{hugs}}} to you

Michelle

Karen
06-23-2005, 07:41 AM
Hope they can ease his pain and fix the source of the problem. Poor guy, he'll be in our prayers.

slick
06-23-2005, 09:06 AM
So sorry to hear this Corinna. Prayers on the way.

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 04:01 PM
just gotta tell you I'm thinking of you and for your hubsand. how's he doing now?

hugs,
..me

Corinna
06-23-2005, 11:51 PM
Thank you all ! the MRI showed a twisted vertabra and pinching the nerves to the legs. and the spinal cord is also in the mix. Can't see doc till monday.
It hass been caused but moving and 8 weeks of work and no day off. He does hardwood floors for a living.

davidpizzica
06-24-2005, 03:58 AM
Corinna, you have BIG Pittsburgh prayers coming your way for your husband, and BIG {{{{HUGS}}}} coming to you, the he will get some relief from his pain. Nikki & Daisy send headbumps to the both of you!

chocolatepuppy
06-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Corinna, prayers headed your husbands way.

lbaker
06-24-2005, 05:05 AM
I have an extra vertabrae (sp?) in my spine - as did my Mom and Grandmom. Sometimes it just "goes out" and pinches. Hurts when you're asleep, hurts when you're awake. My heart goes out for both of you. Sure hope he can get some relaxer type of thing. Poor guy and poor you. What do "they" always say? "This too shall pass". Doesn't really help when you are flat on your back. I'm sooo sorry to hear this. You are a wonderful friend and I sure hope you guys are "up and running" soon.
Laurie

trayi52
06-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Corinna, sorry to hear your husband is feeling so bad. Prayers and lots of them are being sent to your husband and you. I know when one is sick in the family, it is such a hardship for the whole family.

{{{{Hugs}}}}
Willie

captain
06-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
I have an extra vertabrae (sp?) in my spine

Me too!!! My Dad says it was the beginning of my tail :p

HUGS to you Corinna ......... and to your hubby

Corinna
06-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Captian My dad and I have extra muscles across our shoulder blades we tell people its where our wings were as we flew to earth. I love the tail thing.

sandragonfly
06-27-2005, 12:26 PM
hey corinna, just checking in..

been a while..how's your hubsand doing today? much, much better I hope!!

you & your hubby remains in my prayers.

{{hugs}}
gina :)

Corinna
06-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Had the MRI on Thursday, saw doc today seiing a specilaist to morrow . I hope they can do a simple procedure that in jects stroids or coutazone in and allows the nerves to be freed. other wise surjury. Cross fingers and please keep him inprayers. We got a copy of the cd of the MRI I'll ask him if I can put one on (some are a bit revealing. ) as it is the last 2 disks.

jenluckenbach
06-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Sending prayers to your husband. ANY back pain is miserable, but this sound excruciating. I hope relief comes SOON.

gini
06-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Corinna, I will continue to keep your husband in my thoughts that a non-surgical procedure will be his cure.

I sure feel for him and you too, worrying about him.

anna_66
06-28-2005, 08:15 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands back, I understand how bad back problems can keep you down.
Hope he starts feeling better soon.

Rachel
06-28-2005, 03:54 PM
This Chicago hospital has a spine and back center. http://www.rush.edu/rumc/page-1112033545594.html
Perhaps you have something of that nature around where you live.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Oh Corinna, I'm so sorry I missed this! Back pain is the absolute worst! Sending positive thoughts and prayers that hubby finds permanent relief soon!

Randi
06-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Corinna, I'm sorry to hear your husband is in such pain, backpain is horrible! :( I hope he'll find relief soon!

Best thoughts to him and to you. :)

K9karen
06-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Corr..sorry to just find this...
Having suffered for decades and having had neck surgery in Jan and back surgery June 7 (still recooping :( ), I feel your hubby's pain. Unless you've experienced it, you can't believe the agony of every move, sleepless nights and no relief. I pray that the epidurals will help. They feel funny, but virtually no pain. He'll have to take it easy for a few days and use ice. I had floroscopic epidurals where they use an Xray machine to fine the exact spot. My neck and spine were so long gone by the time I got all the shots, that they didn't help much, but most people I know who've had them got tremendous relief. He'll be in my thoughts. If I can help in any way, email or Pm me...

Corinna
06-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Well we went to the neurosurgian Tuesday he is to have microsurjury on Friday a 3 month recovery. It's about a 2 hour procedure. They gave him some really GOOD drugs so he's not in as much pain,so he's a bit more pleasant to be around.
Thanks K-9 karen I may end up asking you a few questions about after care and Physical therapy.