PDA

View Full Version : The Standard Schnauzer

jackiesdaisy1935
02-12-2002, 09:48 AM
I couldn't believe Rocky the Standard Schnauzer took first again at Westminister last night and the Giant Schnauzer came in fourth. Hip Hip Hooray for the Schnauzers. LOL

Dixieland Dancer
02-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Jackie,
I was thinking of you when they won their group. Now you need to pull for Rocky in Best of Show!

In Best of show they take the top 7 dogs from each group and determine the one Top Dog. Rocky will represent the Working group!

LoudLou
02-12-2002, 11:55 AM
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/party/luxhello.gif HOOOORAY for Rocky!!! It was a good night for Schnauzers!

Rottie
02-12-2002, 12:16 PM
Rottweilers never even place in the group at Westminster. I think it's because the judge's are always afraid of them. :(

Pam
02-12-2002, 04:05 PM
Jackie it was a good night for schnauzers and also a good night for poodles! I think tonight may find us "in opposite corners" :D as the little black miniature poodle will be competing with Rocky. Shame on me....but I don't even remember the little mini's name. :( I was rooting like crazy for the white standard for obvious reasons but was thrilled at the mini's win. No matter who wins, I will still be in awe! To get this far you have to be a VERY SPECIAL dog!

AdoreMyDogs
02-12-2002, 04:12 PM
I must say, Rocky was sure a beautiful dog. I also LOVED that airdale! The airdale had the most adorable, huggable face. He had these expressive little eyebrows that were part of his show cut and I LOVED him :)

jackiesdaisy1935
02-12-2002, 04:40 PM
They are all beautiful dogs, I wish they could all win, but I have to say I'll be pulling for Rocky tonight. Leslie the Airdale is beautiful.
I don't think they will pick Rocky for the second time in a row, the blue Kerry is gorgous.
Jackie

Dixieland Dancer
02-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by jackiesdaisy1935
I don't think they will pick Rocky for the second time in a row, the blue Kerry is gorgous.
Jackie

Jackie,
Are you referring to Best in Show? Last year it was the Bischon.

tatsxxx11
02-12-2002, 06:10 PM
Good luck to each and everyone of the beautiful pups!! Jackie, Pam, HOORAY! Schnauzers and Poodles reign at Westminster!:) Of course, I can't lie....I'll be pulling for, guess who???;)

And "Rottie," the Rottie last night was magnificent! What sparkle, attitude and spirit! His confirmation, gait, poise and SMILE were spectacular. I really did think he just might upset the favorite! Don't despair; though I feel your pain...A Lab has NEVER won!!:( Not "showy" enough a dog show judge once told me!!::confused:

*LabLoverKEB*
02-12-2002, 09:29 PM
Hooray for Rocky!!!:) ;)

I'm so sorry, Sara, about the Rottweiler!:( I know exactley how you feel, a Lab has never won, eathier! But, Rotties sure are wonderful, sweet, and beautiful dogs!:)

jackiesdaisy1935
02-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Dixie, you are right the Bichon did win the best in show, Rocky won in his class last year and this year. so he might have a chance. I'll be watching for the Goldens tonight.
Don and I were at a dog show and talking to a handler about Schnauzers and we happen to look at a black Schnauzer and he said I would never handle a black schnauzer they are crazy. Sort of fits Daisy to a tee.LOL
Jackie

purrfectpaws
02-18-2002, 07:54 PM
Hi Jackie,
Great for the Schnauzer!! Hip Hip Hooray..... I kept on seeing the advertising for the show but never got to see it.

I took Robbie to the park and it's adjacent to the dog park so we walked over to see all of the doggies. As we walked around the fenced area this guy picks up his mini schnauzer and walks to us so Robbie could pet him through the fence. OH Jackie, he was so cute I couldn't get over it. His little tongue trying to get through the fence and lick Robbie's hand. Toooooooo cute!!!!

Carla

jackiesdaisy1935
02-18-2002, 08:01 PM
Hi Carla, how are you doing with your business? Do you still like Phoenix? Those Schnauzers either love everybody or hate everybody. Glad Robbie got to meet a sweet one. Not much going on am so busy with the community, but it's fun. Better than doing housework. LOL
You take care.
Jackie

purrfectpaws
02-27-2002, 02:11 PM
Hi Jackie,
Miss you too.... I have been very busy with the business and trying to keep all in order!! Yes, liking Phoenix very much!! We are living in Chandler which is south of Phoenix. Allot to do around here and we are going to some of the opening baseball spring training games with Robbie. He loves the outdoors so I know that the summer will be hard. I will probably be going home for a month sometime in June, so we will go to the beach and the lake and up to the White Mountains in NH.
I hope all is well with you and talk with you soon.
Carla

jackiesdaisy1935
02-28-2002, 09:32 AM
Hi Carla, our youngest daughter is going to see the Padres play there in spring training, she and her husband and their two Schnauzers are going. I think she is staying in Scottsdale. They are really looking forward to going. They are big Padre fans.
I really liked Phoenix, we went to the Camelback Inn one year in Scottsdale and it was beautiful. Good luck in your ventures.
Jackie