PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my brother - Very Important

NoahsMommy
06-22-2005, 10:30 PM
You guys, my brother desperately needs prayers. God needs to do SOMETHING...

My brother has always had "issues" since my parents divorce when we were younger. He was in and out of trouble our whole childhood...even staying in juvinal hall for breaking and entering. :( The hard part is that he is a good person...he's gentle and kind...he CRIED when he saw me in the hospital for goodness sake. He has the sweetest heart, but a stupid brain. :(

We lost touch with him after my mom asked him to move out when he was 18...he stole $$ from her and my step-dad. :(

We FINALLY heard from him this Easter. He's been wonderful to me and my mom. Its been soooo great having him back in our lives.

Something happened this weekend. We don't know what, but my mom got a call from Krista (his SUPER sweet girlfriend) saying Kevin got into a car accident and is now arrested for a DUI. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Krista is beside herself. Kevin hasn't been going to work ALL WEEK...and she fears what else he's been doing and NOT telling her about. :(

She's so in love with him...and he's LUCKY to have someone like her in his life. Not only is he messing up things with a VERY GOOD thing, but he's ruining his life....again.

I'm so upset...I'm used to the constant let down when he all the sudden goes back to doing these stupid things...but I just feel so bad for Krista.

I called her and she's crying. She's refusing to bail him out, as is my mom. He's NOT going to learn if people continually "bail" him out of this stuff.

My heart breaks for her...and for the life he's screwing up.

:( :( :( Please God, intervene. Make him grow up and knock this stuff off. Please....

:( Please pray you guys. This is so horrible. I love him so much and HATE that he's doing this stuff.

kittycats_delight
06-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Kelly, I understand how you must feel my step brother is the same way. He is soooo sweet and has such a good heart but he keeps doing stupid stuff and messing up his life. You have all the good vibes and well wishes I can send. Please let your brother see the error of his ways before it is too late and he ends losing the most important things and people in his life.
{{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle

finn's mom
06-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Wow, sounds like my brother. He's finally coming around, he's pushing 40. I'm sorry that Krista is having to experience this, too. :( I'll keep you all in my thoughts. I think it's good that they aren't bailing him out, sometimes tough love is the only thing that works. I hope it does.

kuhio98
06-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Prayers for everyone coming your way. What is that saying? "Hate the sin but love the sinner"? Something like that. I'm sending prayers your way for your brother. Hopefully, this is the wakeup call he needs. Before he hurts someone with his behavior.

shais_mom
06-22-2005, 11:21 PM
hugs for you and Krista and
prayers for Kevin.

NoahsMommy
06-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks, guys.

I feel so helpless. I'm mad at him because he's really hurt Krista. I want to knock some sense into him....but will that work? WHAT will work?

I can't stop thinking about Krista. She doesn't deserve this. She was pleading with me to talk sense into him. I'd do ANYTHING for that girl...ANYTHING to make him figure his life out.

Ugh...

Thanks for the prayers. I know that at this point, only God has the power to help.

Corinna
06-22-2005, 11:26 PM
It must be a brother thing. Mine too until he had his kids now he realizes how he not only screwed up his life but theirs too. Finally on track . Praying for yours and for girlfreind. Your Mom and her are right let him face the force of his actions.

NoahsMommy
06-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Not that its a "good" thing, but it does help to know other brothers are like this. I wish NONE of them were....but misery loves company.

I'm way over the embaressment of telling people what he's done. Isn't that sad??

:(

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Update:

He was for sure arrested for a DUI and for possession of prescription drugs (Vicodin)...my mom of course asked if there was any way he got it from me...yea, right.

They're holding him until at least Friday, maybe till Monday depending on when they indict him. (is that how you spell that?)

We have a question...do we visit him?

My mom is so stressed out...she said she's shaking. :(

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 12:59 AM
sigh..what goes around comes around.

no, don't visit him...it encourages him somewhat and forgot how serious this is. he'll be out next week anyway.

prayers sent!

krazyaboutkatz
06-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that your brother has gotten into trouble again and is hurting the ones he loves.:(

My youngest brother also got a DUI and it was a very good learning experience for him. He also did several other stupid things but luckily he eventually turned his life around and is now happily married and has a daughter and another baby on the way.:)

Hopefully this will be a turning point for you brother and he'll get the help that he needs and will stay out of trouble. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to you, Krista, and your family. Please take care and try not to get too stressed. (((HUGS)))

Oggyflute
06-23-2005, 01:08 AM
Best thoughts for you and your brother mate. You should support him somewhat, but he's only going to wise up, if he really wants to do it. Only he can decide if he wants to climb out of his pit. If he truly wants to, then yes, reach down your hand, and help him up.:)

neko1
06-23-2005, 07:49 AM
My brother, too, was not the best when he was younger. He stole, wrote bad checks, and was in jail of couple of times. But somehow, he seemed to stop being stupid and get his life back together..he's in school, has 2 kids, and just bought a house.

Prayers that your brother will come to his senses soon.

furrykidsmother
06-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Good thoughts going out to you and your brother. I hope that he will grow up and learn from this experience. Tell Krista to hang in there, she is probably just what he needs to get him on the right track.

slick
06-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry about your Bro. I wish I had some advice for you, but I've never been in this situation. All I can do is offer up my thoughts and prayers in the hopes that he eventually grows up and learns from this experience.

trayi52
06-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I have no advice for you, Kelly, but I can offer prayers and good thoughts for you, your family, and Krista. May God bless you and all.

Willie:)

King Spartacus
06-23-2005, 08:55 AM
We have a question...do we visit him?

Why not? So, he messed up... and he messed up bad... we all do! Hopefully he will realise his mistakes before it's too late. We shall pray that he will wake up, and realise how lucky he is! Otherwise he might loose all that's important to him... you, your mom and his girlfriend... let us know how it goes!

We shall keep you and your brother in our thoughts! Best wishes and a great big hug to you!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-23-2005, 08:59 AM
I know it is hard, but I would not visit him; maybe he will realise he cannot go on hurting his grlfriend any longer. Be sure to welcome him though when he gets out.

PS. I have no idea what DUI is :confused:

BitsyNaceyDog
06-23-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm so sorry, Kelly.

I've never been in this kind of situation, but I would say yes, visit him, but only once and only for a couple minutes. Tell him how you feel. Tell him that you are mad and disappointed. Tell him that you love him and hate to see him messing up his life. Tell him how much he is hurting his family and the people who love him. If you tell him while he is in jail as it will give him a few days to sit and think about what his is doing to himself and all of you.

((hugs))

Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
PS. I have no idea what DUI is :confused:

Driving Under the Influence (of alcohol) or in other words drunk driving

Jadapit
06-23-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm really sorry your brother is having problems. I think it's the best thing for him that you all didnt bail him out of jail. When you enable someone with a problem they expect that over and over, it teaches them nothing. Did that make sence?

Trev pretty much said it in his post, he has to be the one to want to change. First for himself, then for everyone else. Sadly, no one can do that for him he has to be the one to take that first step.
Maybe the courts will make him get into a program like AA or something, I know that does help a lot of people.

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I truly hope your brother gets it together not only for himself but his loved ones also.

Karen
06-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Your whole family will be in our prayers.

kittycats_delight
06-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Kelly,

I think you guys should pick just one person out of the family to go visit him. He needs to know he is not alone but he also needs to know you all CANNOT continue to bail his butt out when he gets in trouble. I think no one going to visit at all is not good. It will make him feel completely abandoned and that could make him want to do these stupid things even more. All going would give him an indication that it was ok and no matter what he does you will all support his butt and help him out. IMO...he needs to know he is not alone but he does need a reality check and knowing that you all aren't going to be behind him and bail him out maybe the way. Good Luck and lots of hugs for you and all your family.

Michelle

luvofallhorses
06-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Kelly,

My heart goes out to you, your mom, and Krista. Prayers for your whole family are being sent. {{{many hugs}}}

lv4dogs
06-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh Im so sorry to hear that. i can relate as my brother is the same way. He's 35 & has been in out of trouble due to drugs for the past 15-20 years. He has the BIGGEST heart but like you said a stupid brain. He's like Dr. jekyl & Mr. Hyde when he';s on drugs. Its such a shame.
As a matter of fact he just went back into rehab a couple months ago.
I'm sending wishful thoughts to you & your family!

shais_mom
06-23-2005, 11:58 AM
I would definatley visit him. I would agree that maybe one person should do it. I would fear that if you DON'T visit him he will think he has been abandoned and drive a wedge in your relationship.
We all make mistakes but sometimes it just takes others longer to get their head screwed on straight.

love and hugs your way.

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys.

Just told my mom that it sounds like just having one person from the family go is best. She agreed, but told Kevin that when he was in juvinal hall made him a promise that she'd NEVER visit him if he ended up in jail.

So, guess it'll be me that goes. Nice...

My mom keeps asking if there's any way he got the Vicodin from me. She really needs to stop that...it makes me feel responsible...I don't take Vicodin, I take Norco...but still. Its making me mad. :mad:

kittycats_delight
06-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Kelly, Don't be upset with your mom. I am sure she is just grasping at straws to try and figure out when, where, how and why he got his hands on them and hoping for the easiest explanation. Just be patient with her and tell her exactly what you just told us there is no way he got them from me as I don't have them. I don't take Vicodin I take Norco. Sorry mom but your answer for where he got them does not lie with me. I just don't know and it's impossible he got them from me as I don't have those. Maybe though when you visit him you can find out what happened and where he got them. I don't know if he will open up to you about what is going on with him but try to get him to and if not ask him if there is anyone he will tell. He needs to get help with his problems and if he can't open up to family about it 9 chances out of 10 they will get a psychologist involved. I don't want and I am sure none of your family wants to see him in jail for these things. I think whatever is going on with him he needs to learn to talk about otherwise he is going to continue to do stupid stuff and end up right back where he is now.

Good Luck Kelly
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Michelle

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 12:27 PM
That's exactly what I told her...Thank you Michelle. You are 100% correct.

Hugs,
Kelly

NoahsMommy
06-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Uppydate:

As I was writing my brother a letter, I found out he was released this morning at 4:45. He's home sleeping now.

I spoke with Krista and the hearing is on Monday.

I hope to impress upon him that he NEEDS to look professional, cover those tattoos and plead for his license. There's no way he'll be able to work without a license.

I left him a message on his voicemail to call me when he wakes up. I told him that I loved him and wanted to talk to him soon. I'll call him till he calls me, I need to talk some sense into him.

But, I know that he has to want to change.