PDA

View Full Version : A new sibling pair for us!

tricollie4me
06-22-2005, 05:00 PM
This is a photo taken from the rescue a couple of days before we brought our new babies home:
http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/dsc04101.JPG
Their names are Charity (the female/the whiter one) and Levi (the male/the more orange one) and they're so much fun! Our other cat, Bonnie, is not too thrilled with our new additions -- still mostly hissing so we keep them all apart. When Bonnie isn't feeling threatened, she's sleeping soundly:
http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/dsc04046.JPG
Or watching the world go by!
http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/dsc04014.JPG

I'll be bringing the newbies to our vet tomorrow, hopefully they'll check out as healthy as we expect them to! One interesting thing is that the paperwork is unclear as to whether Levi has been neutered or not -- some of the notes provided by the rescue say that he's been altered, some of them say he has not! I'm guessing my vet will be able to figure that out during her exam? Hmmm...

Anyway, thanks for sharing my excitement over our newly expanded feline family!

sandragonfly
06-22-2005, 05:13 PM
thank you! :o

wow, can't get over with how charity and levi look so much alike! (one translucent, actually) :) cute names altogether. I hope their visit to white coats will go well! let us know, okay? :)

bonnie has her gorgeous colored-markings! (especially on her leg part). aww and that little cute curled girl is yours...? tell us a scoop about her too! she is loving her bonnie :) :)

Edwina's Secretary
06-22-2005, 05:17 PM
What sweet, sweet faces. You can just see the..."please take me home and love me" in their eyes!

catmandu
06-22-2005, 05:19 PM
It looks,as though Bonnie,is going,to have her paws,full,with not one,but two new Arrivals,much,as the Found Cats,had,to deal,with not only Scrappy 2,but Pouncette,as well.Eventually,I think,that all 3,will be Good Friends,the key word,being eventually.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture423.jpg

momcat
06-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Charity and Levi are so beautiful!!!!! Just want to pick them up and hug them! Two new PT babies to welcome, that's so great. I look forward to hearing about all their cute little antics and hopefully more pictures. May your new babies have a long, healthy,happy lives in their furever home.....

orangemm
06-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Gorgeous babies! They are siblings, right? Lucky guys, getting a furrever home with an older sister to play with.

Two aren't any more trouble than one, I say!

NoahsMommy
06-22-2005, 05:35 PM
How fun! They're Tinky and Jupiter lookalikes...almost! :)

Congrats on the new furbabies!! Twice the orange is twice as fun!! I love their names!

jenluckenbach
06-22-2005, 05:49 PM
WOW! A green-eyed girl and a brown-eyed boy. :D They are beautiful! (Bonnie is quite lovely as well)

How old are they? Will you be keeping their names or renaming them? When will you be posting more pictures?? :D

kittycats_delight
06-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
How old are they? Will you be keeping their names or renaming them? When will you be posting more pictures?? :D

I'd like to know that too. LOL Can't you tell we are picture hogs.

They are both beautiful orangie babies. And I wouldn't worry I am sure miss Bonnie will get over it and start to accept them.

catnapper
06-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Ahhh... welcome to your new home you two cuties!!! Congrats on the new orangies!

tricollie4me
06-22-2005, 06:35 PM
We'll be keeping their names -- I can't imagine picking more perfect names myself! Charity is so outgoing and funny -- she's got a generous, sweet nature and she's absolutely got a bit of a Curious George streak going. Levi is soooo laidback...he's playful with his sister and does his share of pouncing, but he's more reserved in general and definitely much more of a watcher! They are four months old and have the cutest little kitten bodies!

Acquiring pets is such an interesting process...when we first went looking, we expected to get tropical fish and instead walked out with Bonnie, our first shelter cat. When we thought we'd found the perfect little rescue pup in a little coonhound/black lab mix, we ended up with a rough collie! When we had fully commited to adopting a second dog, we found ourselves with a pair of sib kitties in Charity and Levi :D There's no accounting for the magic of falling in love, huh?

BigCharles
06-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Will you be keeping their names or renaming them?

Let's see:

Charity - As in "Faith, Hope, and Charity". "The greatest of theses is Charity." Also often translated as "Love" rather than "Charity". Well that's a keeper

Levi - "And He shall purify the sons of Levi, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness." It's a line from one of my favorite musical works. If you are thinking Jeans then, "In 1873, Levi Strauss and Nevada tailor Jacob Davis patented the process of putting rivets in pants for strength, and the world's first jeans - Levi's® jeans - were born." - from Levi website (http://www.levistrauss.com/about/) So you could go either way with that.

I know that both of these cute furballs are "keepers".

carole
06-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Oh my gosh what absolute darlings they are, I love their names too, everytime I see a cute name I save it to my favourites, your'e two are on there now, I have around 20 names I love, but will never probably own more than two kitties at a time lol, Bonnie is a very pretty kitty too, thanks for posting, we look forward to hearing more about Charity and Levi.:)glad you kept their names , they are so Purrfect.....;) :D

CalliesMom
06-22-2005, 07:37 PM
They are both so beautiful! Congrats on the new additions...I miss having kittens around.

shais_mom
06-22-2005, 11:45 PM
what lil cuties!

orangemm
06-23-2005, 04:46 AM
Give Bonnie extra hugs & scritchies, too!

chocolatepuppy
06-23-2005, 04:57 AM
Wecome home Charity and Levi! They are both so cute! :)

furrykidsmother
06-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi Sweet Charity & Levi, aren't you 2 just adorable. Hope all goes well with the vet visit and hope that eventually Bonnie will accept them into your home. It would be nice to have a big sis to watch over them.

jazzcat
06-23-2005, 04:20 PM
They are adorable! Congrats!!

rg_girlca
06-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Congratulations on your two adorable widdle ones.

Charity and Levi are so precious. Bonnie is a very pretty girl.

I hope the intros go well, as their vet visit also.

Can't wait to see more pictures of these two lovelies.