PDA

View Full Version : Cutback on Water - Or Else

Queen of Poop
06-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Last week we had torrential rains which led to huge problems of flooding. Our Mayor asked Calgarians to cut back on their water usage as our treatment plant is having trouble keeping up, what happened that day - usage went UP!!! So then the threat came that cut back or they will turn off the taps. What do you see, people going to the car wash, watering their yards (like you need to water after all the rain we had??????), etc. Are these people stupid!!! How incredibly selfish. We are asked to cut back for 3-5 days to give the water system time to get back to normal after the flooding and people refuse to do it. I am so angry at my fellow Calgarians!! :mad:

Thanks, just had to vent.

lizbud
06-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Well, if it's any consolation to you, my city acts the same way.:(

Usually after a long dry spell, people get nuts and continue to
waste water resources even when treatened with water shortages or outages. Perverse human nature I guess.

dukedogsmom
06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
That is one of my pet peeves. I can't stand to see water wasted! We had a horrible drought a few years ago. Guess people forgot about that or just don't care. We have been having some good rains. I was driving down my street in the morning and here's some jerk that has watered their yard so much that it's running in the street. :mad:

Pit Chick
06-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Let's see, we have a drought, which means there is potential for water shortage. I think I should wash my car and water my lawn cause it's much more important for me to have a pretty yard and clean car than it is to have water for myself and others to drink. :rolleyes:

I can't stand seeing that either. We have horribly hot summers around here and at least an entire month or two with no rain, but people still insist on watering the yards so their grass doesn't die. Get over it, it's gonna be hurricane season for 3 months straight and there will be plenty of rain for the precious grass then. I'm usually the only one on my block with dried up crunchy grass in the summer. LOL

Shelteez2
06-22-2005, 07:28 PM
I know what you mean. I guess they were even putting pics of people washing their cars in the paper.

My boss was going to stop by the car wash after work to vacuum her truck out, but she was afraid people would think she was going to wash it and get mad at her, LOL

It's not like it's that much of a hardship to cut back on water....the only real thing I have trouble with is the 5 minute showers.......lol

Here's hoping it gets back to normal soon.