PDA

View Full Version : Today is my last day...

neko1
06-22-2005, 06:43 AM
...at my job!!!

I start my new job on Monday.

Please give me good thoughts that everything will turn out ok

I haven't had any good luck in any part of my life lately and it's starting to get me down...again:o :(

Thanks

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-22-2005, 06:55 AM
GOOD LUCK, MICHELLE !!!! http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20922_big_hugs.gif

Karen
06-22-2005, 07:40 AM
Have a good "last day!"

finn's mom
06-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by neko1
I haven't had any good luck in any part of my life lately and it's starting to get me down...again:o :(

I can relate. I'm really hoping that this insurance thing works out, because I'll be at my wit's end if it doesn't. And, I haven't had much luck with anything, either, seems like for the past five years. But, I'm pretty sure I know what happened to me, so, I'm **hopefully** on the road to recovery. ;) I wish you the best of luck, support is so helpful! I hope you have lots of it from friends and family. I'd be lost without my parents, I know that.

Oggyflute
06-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Good luck on the new job working out well.:)

NoahsMommy
06-22-2005, 09:20 PM
((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))

How was your party???

You probably had a bittersweet day because you want to leave, but will miss your patients and co-workers. It'll be sad, but soon you'll know you did the RIGHT thing and this new job is just one step to a happier, less stressful life.

If you need to talk, I'm here, OK??

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Cookiebaker
06-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Best of Luck to you on Monday as you start your new job, and hopefully things will start looking up for you with this change. Check in after work on Monday and tell us how it went! :)

slick
06-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Head up high Michelle and try not to worry. I new job means new challenges and possibly new friends. Try to do some fun things in the coming days and good luck on Monday.

more {{{hugs}}} on the way.

jesse_3
06-22-2005, 11:53 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!!

shais_mom
06-23-2005, 12:15 AM
hugs to you!!
Have a good last day and a fabo first day!!
Where are you going?
What will you be doing?
Go buy yourself a nice new lipstick or eyeshadow that makes you feel good about yourself to start your new job!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
06-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Good luck with your new job Michelle.:) I hope that everything starts going your way and that you'll be much happier again. (((HUGS))):)

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 01:09 AM
hi neko!

sorry if I missed your thread(s) somewhere...about having this as your last day as why?

hope starting a new (what) job will be the confirmation! you'll need to have something (happyful) to do to shake off your sadness! :)
hope it'll not bolt down, chin up, it'll go up when you open a right door!

take care, and relax as well before your another day begins!

neko1
06-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes:)

My last day was like any other day, pretty much. Dr. W. bought me a couple of balloons and a huge cake. Most of the patients knew that I was leaving, so of course I got a million questions all day. I got 3 bouquets of flowers and a little pampering gift from patients.

The day was so busy that I didn't really have time to think about it being my last day, until I was about to leave and I hugged everyone goodbye and turned in my key. Of course I was crying, as usual, but now I feel better.

I will miss a lot of people there, but I just can't stay at a place where I'm underpaid and have no benefits, no sick or vacation days and no raises.

My assisant, who has been a good friend, was not there yesterday as she had school (for massage therapy). She told me that she was gonna skip her morning class to see me though, and she didn't. She also has a 4 hour lunch break there- she could have at least drive the 10 minutes from her school to the office to go to lunch with me:mad: but she didn't. Ah, another friend lost....the story of my life.:(

I don't plan on making many friends at my new job. The department I'm in is all guys, the only woman I've seen there is the one that I'll be helping.

Hopefully I will have better news to report when I start my new job on Monday.

finn's mom
06-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by neko1
Thanks for all the well wishes:)

My last day was like any other day, pretty much. Dr. W. bought me a couple of balloons and a huge cake. Most of the patients knew that I was leaving, so of course I got a million questions all day. I got 3 bouquets of flowers and a little pampering gift from patients.

She also has a 4 hour lunch break there- she could have at least drive the 10 minutes from her school to the office to go to lunch with me:mad: but she didn't.

I don't plan on making many friends at my new job.

First off, if that's how any other day at your office is, wow, I can't believe you're leaving. ;) Just joking. That's nice that you got flowers and pampering. :)

As for your friend, I know what you mean, I have had many people let me down. But, give her the benefit of the doubt, something could have happened. Or maybe she just hates goodbyes....you never know.

And, lastly, try not to go into the new job thinking you're not going to be friends with anyone, because you probably will put out an energy that tells people to not be friendly to you. Does that make sense? Of course, if you really just decide that you don't want to be friends with people you work with, that could be a good thing. It's not always the best idea to be friends outside of work with co-workers. I'm usually friendly, but, not always really friends. :)

Anyway, I hope your new job is what you need! Good luck!

Barbara
06-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Michelle, try to enjoy the long weekend!

I know I would:D

And all good luck for the new job:)

catnapper
06-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Good luck! I hope this is a bright new future for you!!!

shais_mom
06-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom

And, lastly, try not to go into the new job thinking you're not going to be friends with anyone, because you probably will put out an energy that tells people to not be friendly to you. Does that make sense? Of course, if you really just decide that you don't want to be friends with people you work with, that could be a good thing. It's not always the best idea to be friends outside of work with co-workers. I'm usually friendly, but, not always really friends. :)

Anyway, I hope your new job is what you need! Good luck!

good point - you don't want to come off unfriendly! :eek:

Goodluck and enjoy your weekend.

ramanth
06-23-2005, 11:56 AM
GOOD LUCK!!! :D