PDA

View Full Version : Hayfever?

ComedyDevil
06-22-2005, 04:01 AM
For the last few days Squid has been doing something that sounds like a cross between reverse sneezing and choking. It's lasting about 10 seconds, but it's happening all the time. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it's worrying me.

What I did notice was that it's happening especially when we're in a field or somewhere with long grass. I have hayfever myself and Squid seems to be doing it more when there's a high pollen count.

Can dogs get hayfever? And if it is, what can I do about it? Or what else could it be? Anyone else got experience of this? Thanks guys!

:)

2crazypuppies4me
06-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Lilly does the same thing and I was told that it was alergies a while ago. Next time I take her to the vet I'll ask, but she seems to be fine, I meen it doesnt seem to happen more, it's just the spring and summer months. Poor girl! I could use some help with this too I think. I have been giving her a 1/2 teaspoon of Benadril, I was told that that was ok. ??

Queen of Poop
06-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Yes, it could be hayfever. Always good to check with your vet and get their recommendation for an antihistamine. My RB dog Sami had loads of allergies as she got older and we had to mediate her with Tavist. Sasha continues to have allergy grief every now and again.