PDA

View Full Version : Update on job issue.

Oggyflute
06-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Things have mooved along a little, since I last posted on this topic. I have spoken to my solicitor, and he feels I have a definate case for a severence pay. I have to get in contact with the human resources guy at the new company to find out what and if they are paying any severence. If they don't pay up, it means a trip to the Industrial Relations Commission, which will end up costing them a lot more than just my severance pay.
On the job front, I have just spoken with my carreers agent, and she has about twenty positions that I could fill easily. I have to meet her next week to discuss job options, so basically things are looking a lot better, and on the up.:)

Thankyou everyone for your help and support over the past week, it has been a tremendous boost for me.:)

Killearn Kitties
06-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Glad to hear this, Trev. It's a shame you have had to spend your week off doing this sort of stuff, but good news about the other positions.

All the best. :)

joycenalex
06-22-2005, 05:02 AM
good luck, i hope they send a generous packet.

Oggyflute
06-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Well they are not going to pay any severance pay, so looks like it will have to go to the Industrial Relations Commission. I'll try to meet up with my solicitor tomorrow to discuss things.:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
06-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Trev,

Sorry your company isn't going to do things the right way. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But that's good news you'll find another position so quickly! :)

Hugs,
Kelly

Ginger's Mom
06-22-2005, 09:13 PM
I cannot believe they are not offering any sort of severance package. Yes, definitely see what you can do about that. I am sure you will find a better job and a better company to work for than them. It's their loss, Trev, I have no idea what the new company is thinking.

slick
06-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Great news Trev! Stick it to them.....

Karen
06-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Be sure to tell them, not only are you willing to sic the solicitors on them, you *could* pour gravy on them, stuff squeaky toys in their pockets and let the dreaded schnauzers in! Mwaaahaha!

Glad you are so eminently employable, and so need to worry less. Crummy people don't DESERVE to emply you after all this anyway.

Oggyflute
06-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Thankyou everyone:)

Not a bad idea Karen, I could get team schnauzer to lick them into submission I suppose.;) :D

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 01:58 AM
:eek: :rolleyes:

stay into what you believe! :)

and be sure to recordcam your team schnauzer mission :D

update: lucks traded ;)