PDA

View Full Version : Do your dogs come to life at bedtime?

Jadapit
06-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Since it's gotten so hot here Diamond and Jada spend the day snoozing away. It's almost 10:00 here and the goof balls are up tearing through the house.:p Fur kids you gotta love them!:D

Do any of you have dogs that think your bed time is their play time?;)

CagneyDog
06-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Yah :p Cagney usually sleeps all day while we are way and then goes nuts during the night!

Kfamr
06-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Well, of course! What's more fun than playing when everyone else wants to sleep?

They especially like to get the most annoying toy they can find. :rolleyes:

MsMini
06-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Nitro and Mini are both sound asleep even after a lazy day of summer.Mini had a little spaz about an hour or so ago...but it didn't last long.

PJ's Mom
06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Peej and Bailey will play once in the late morning, but that usually only lasts 10 minutes or so.

By 8:00pm, look out. :eek: We have quiet time at 10:00pm, that when they eat treats and Bailey gets brushed so everything's usually calm by then. :)

Glacier
06-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Yup! Only they wait til about 3am. That's the best time for Husky WWF matches this time of year. The sun never sets right now so they are a little confused. Why sleep when it never gets dark!??:p

AlleyCat
06-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Well, I don't know if that was true of my doggies, but for sure my kitties think my bedtime is PLAYTIME !! They'll sleep all day long, but as soon as I start making bedtime noises they come to life pretty quickly. And keep meowmie awake for a while in the process. That's pretty much how it goes, right ?? :D

cubby31682
06-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Gracie is always knocked out cold by 8:30 - 9:00, she wont move a muscle. Unless you ask her if she wants to go outside. You can come right into my house and she wont even lift and ear because of the noise. Lol. She is a great protection dog. ;) When I go to bed I take her out one last time, so brush my teeth and all of that good stuff. She will then start pacing, she goes from the front door to the back door, then she sticks her head in our room to make sure were okay. :) Then she goes to bed, and doesn't like getting up before 9:00 am. She's such a silly girl.

robinh
06-22-2005, 08:23 AM
4 out of 5 will sleep all day and all night if they have a chance.

Molly on the other hand is a night owl. We have to block the hallway to keep her down in the bedroom area of the house. She feels she must patrol the house and guard us all night. Of course, guarding us means barking at all the creatures that wander the back yard at night. We live in the country and we have a LOT of creatures that wander the yard at night. She still moves around at night from one bedroom to the other, but at least she doesn't bark.
:)

anna_66
06-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Funny you would bring this up since mine spent all day yesterday sleeping and all last night outside playing!

Yep, they woke me up around 2:30 or so to go outside and never wanted back in! I woke up around 7 to hear Bon and Roxey playing in the pool (well Bon was in the pool;))!

Now they are all crashed in the livingroom ready to sleep the day away again:D

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Nope, when I say it's time for bed...Blaze willingly comes...most of the time!;) After an active day, he's always ready for bed!:)

Samantha Puppy
06-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Nah, Samantha's pretty good about going to sleep when her Daddy and I do. It's the cats that are the hellions as soon as they see us heading upstairs. Punks.

anna_66
06-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Ok I just had to add this picture! This is everyone crashed this morning (oops toys and bones everywhere;)):D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/p6d861737a99f5c074efd91d0f96c90ea/f396de33.jpg

Jadapit
06-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
Ok I just had to add this picture! This is everyone crashed this morning (oops toys and bones everywhere;)):D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid174/p6d861737a99f5c074efd91d0f96c90ea/f396de33.jpg

How funny!:D Were they up late again last night?;)

Jadapit
06-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Glacier
Yup! Only they wait til about 3am. That's the best time for Husky WWF matches this time of year. The sun never sets right now so they are a little confused. Why sleep when it never gets dark!??:p

Wow! Is it hard for you guys to sleep or are you used to it? When will the sun start setting again?

pnance
06-22-2005, 10:18 AM
I've got 3 who sleep the day away then about 6:00 -11:00 think my house is a WWF arena. My 4th, Bear, just looks at them like their nuts and then goes back to sleep, after a good meal of course......:)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/pe77ec3dec2fcfe92e1a83907c506cfe2/f3b30f2f.jpg

vinjashira
06-22-2005, 10:38 AM
fortunately snowy goes to bed early...
she usually sleeps on the sofa at 7pm and I move her to her bed around 10pm. She gets up around 4am and sleep again on the sofa until 7 am :D

akaspaddero
06-22-2005, 11:08 AM
WWF at my house too!

CountryWolf07
06-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Rosie sleeps like a baby, and so does Anna. :)

beeniesmom
06-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Not really. Beenie usually reminds my husband and I when to go to bed. She jumps on our bed and start messing with the sheets to cover herself up!

cali
06-22-2005, 03:50 PM
nope, its very hot here right now, but I have central AC so inside my house is nice and cool, during the day they wont calm down, and at night i'd be hardpressed to get them to move 2cm without getting an annoyed huff lol

sandragonfly
06-22-2005, 04:18 PM
nope! (thank goodness in someway...) :D (but cats..anyway) :rolleyes: haha.

crayola lays down right away after I sign, 'good night!' and will not get up until I say 'good morning'! gee, he can't get sweeter, jadapit!!! I just want to go home and HUG him! :D ;)

sandragonfly
06-22-2005, 04:20 PM
posted by jadapit
It's almost 10:00 here and the goof balls are up tearing through the house. :p Fur kids you gotta love them! :D

Do any of you have dogs that think your bed time is their play time? ;)

how did they "tear" up around the house? :p

Lobodeb
06-22-2005, 04:48 PM
I have a terrible time getting Maggy to go to sleep. She thinks that because the lights are out, that she just has to put the ball closer to us. The funny thing about her is that she doesn't self-entertain. She'll just sit and bark at us in the middle of the night to get us to throw her ball. If that doesn't work, she'll put her ball at the edge of the bed, jump down, then jump up to get it. Of course this lovely little action shakes the whole bed.

If that doesn't work, she'll go get a big squeaky toy (usually bigger than her), put it against my husband's back and use her entire little body to make it squeak. I'll have to get a video of that one of these days. Of course, her daddy doesn't appreciate this knowing he's got to get up at 3:30 am.

We go through this every night. ZZZZZ

Luvin Labs
06-22-2005, 06:47 PM
lol!!!

YES Smokey does!

Josh and smokey will be in bed when I get home at midnightish, and if Josh is awake, Smokey will want to PLAY and will whine/bark/etc and try to bite his hands to get him to play, and he'll pounce us, and his paws are dangerous! I'm suprised we don't have bruises when he'd pounce and land on our body!! LOL

But if Josh is asleep, Smokey is usually sacked out, in MY spot!

hehe

senorita02
06-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Pnance and Anna66 those pics are soooo adorable!

Usually when i say it is bedtime my two get right to bed, but Miss Rita lately has been staying up and barking out the window every nite when i am about to fall asleep! Oooh i get soo mad, but what can i do ? Shes too cute!

KYS
06-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Hot weather is hard on them, but....
Sheba is old and sleeps a lot, and Rocky is
just BIG/doesn't have much energy.
They are usually more active in the early morning and early evening when it is hot.