PDA

View Full Version : Hello...my name is

orangemm
06-21-2005, 07:33 PM
I thought it was time I introduced myself and my two cats since I've been posting on and off for a while.

I'm Renate and I live in MD. My husband and I love cats and at one time we had seven.

Now we have two, Archy & Binky. We adopted them from Animal Rescue in Baltimore in 2000 and they have been with us ever since.

These pictures are when they were kittens; they look pretty much the same, except larger! I do have other pictures of them now, but we'll have to scan them in.

Archy is the more outgoing of the two; we call him our Little Ambassador because he can convert even the person who doesn't like cats! He's extremely friendly, talkative and loving.

I'll post Binky's picture in the next mail................

orangemm
06-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Here's Binky...

He's shy (unlike his gregarious brother) and when someone comes to the house, Binky immediately slinks off to the spare room to hide under the little bed!

He's not as talkative as Archy, but he can be very loving and sweet. His favorite toys are troll dolls with their stand-up hair and glitter balls. One night my husband woke up and heard a strange noise in the kitchen...Binky was in there with his troll doll, picking it up by the hair and flinging it around on the tile floor! He'll carry it around in his mouth and drop it by our feet, a trophy of sorts, I suppose!

Anyway, it's great to be here and read about everyone's babies!

catmandu
06-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Archie,and Binky,sure are Wonderful Cats.I am intriqued,by thier names.I remember,of course Archie Comics,and I recall a Binky.Is that where you got those very individual names?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/BJcatbed.jpg

chocolatepuppy
06-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi Renate! I've seen you posting in COTD! Your kitties are adorable! My name is Annette and I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. :)

kittycats_delight
06-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi Renate. And a big PT welcome to some more PT pets. hey there Archy and Binky. :D

I have something for you Renate. I hope you like it. Here it is.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/runaway_kitty/orangemm.gif

Laura's Babies
06-21-2005, 10:27 PM
I LOVE Binkeys face!! Look at that face!!! Archey is adoreable and I would love to see them now!!

krazyaboutkatz
06-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Welcome to PT Renate.:) Both of your furkids sure were cute kittens and I'm sure that they're both very handsome cats now.:) I look forward to hearing more about them and seeing more pictures of them too.:)

orangemm
06-22-2005, 04:33 AM
Catmandu, I forgot to mention how we named our boys...when we got them from Animal Rescue, they were named Sherlock & Watson, but it really didn't suit them.

We are big fans of Lawrence Sanders and his Archy McNally series of books. Archy is a PI in Palm Beach FL and is quite the dashing figure, so we named Watson after him.

Archy's pal in the series is Binky Watrous, so it was only natural that Sherlock got his name!

If we ever get any more cats, there are other characters that we could draw from.

I love being here; it's the first bookmark I go to when I log on my computer!

catlady1945
06-22-2005, 05:36 AM
Aren't they beautiful cats!

Edwina's Secretary
06-22-2005, 10:23 AM
What a mischevious face on little Binky....no wonder he feel in love with a troll!

furrykidsmother
06-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Welcome Renate to you and Archy & Binky! Nice to meet you. My name is Amanda and I have 4 furry kids (cats). Love how you got the names for your pets, they are just adorable. Looking forward to many more pictures.

That is a beautiful siggy you did Michelle!