PDA

View Full Version : *** May I ask for a favour? ***

King Spartacus
06-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Hello all!

Well... my mamma is addicted to competitions... and this time she's entered one of daddy's photographs into one... so I'll ask pretty please, if you'd be so kind and go and vote for daddy's picture???
We'd be ever so chuffed if you did... and even happier if you gave it a 10/excellent (but ofcourse, that depends if you like the piccie!)...
Daddy's picture of the Wallace Monument (http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/arts/apictureofbritain/showrecord?Id=66769)

Thank you!!! Purries from Spartacus

QueenScoopalot
06-21-2005, 04:33 PM
:D Done! ;) But if you win the digital camera, you have to send it to me for voting first! :D

King Spartacus
06-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Eh.... nope... but if we win - I'll send you the old one!!! Really... thanks a bunch for voting!!! I felt kind of... eh... actually embarassed for asking people to vote... being new here and all... so you really cheered us up! Thanks a million!

QueenScoopalot
06-21-2005, 04:38 PM
:D :D :D What does anyone here have to lose? Hmmm...I doubt anyone else on PT has a photo posted there. I'll be looking forward to a newer digital camera lol! ;) :) :D

King Spartacus
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Yup! One that only takes pictures when it wants too!!! Hah-hah! BUT... when it does actually want to take pictures - it takes superb ones!!!

kittycats_delight
06-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Looking at that pic I remember when we were at Stirling Castle for a celebration. I can't remember for the life of me exactly what it was but there was a mock witch trial, a battles and they had falcons there. And a bunch of other stuff it was so nice. The funniest part was we went and did a tour of the "jail" and of course me not looking at all Scottish was pulled out of the crowd the be used to show some of the "torture" techniques on. It was hilarious. I rated BTW and I rated a 10.

Jadapit
06-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Very nice picture! I rated it a 10.:)

King Spartacus
06-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Oh thank you all!!! It soooo much appreciated!

Kitty-cats Delight: What great fun that you've been to Stirling Castle!!! We live about 15 minutes drive away from it! During the summer they often have "extravaganca" weekends, and that's when people dress up, and "act out" the good olden days!!!

Ginger's Mom
06-21-2005, 06:28 PM
How can I refuse when you asked so nicely King Spartacus. A 10 it is for Dad's photo. And a lovely photo it is. :)

kittycats_delight
06-21-2005, 06:35 PM
My mom lived in Scotland for 3 years. Her and my dad have a place there well actually 2. He is from Scotland. Cullen to be precise. But they have a house in Aviemore too. It was during the summer when we went up to the castle I remember. I think it was August. We left Aviemore at 8:30 am on a Sunday. That is not a good time to be awake on a Sunday morning. And we left the castle again around teatime. It was great fun. I have seen a good bit of Scotland but not everywhere. It reminds me so much of where I was born, Newfoundland.

Kfamr
06-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Our 10 was given! :)

NoahsMommy
06-21-2005, 07:01 PM
I gave you a 10 too! Great photo! :)

finn's mom
06-21-2005, 07:24 PM
That's a great photograph! I may sound totally dense, but, is that the same Wallace that the film "Braveheart" is about? Again, sorry if that's an ignorant question, but, I wanted to ask anyway. :)

oh, hey, and, can you tell me what "chuffed" means exactly? :) i'm pretty sure, from the context, that i know, but, again...wanted to ask anyway.

QueenScoopalot
06-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by King Spartacus
Yup! One that only takes pictures when it wants too!!! Hah-hah! BUT... when it does actually want to take pictures - it takes superb ones!!!
If that's the camera used to take the photo in the contest (I gave a 10 also;) ) it takes wonderful pictures! The one we have is archaic, and eats batteries like nothing. :rolleyes:

buckner
06-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
If that's the camera used to take the photo in the contest (I gave a 10 also;) ) it takes wonderful pictures! The one we have is archaic, and eats batteries like nothing. :rolleyes: One piece of advice. Rechargeable batteries. I used tons of batteries, until I got a battery charger and batteries for it. I've used the heck out of them, and have saved tons of money doing so.

You got my 10! Great photo. :D

kitten645
06-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Lovely pic. I rated it a 10. I just loved Stirling. I have a dear friend that lives there and we always try to meet up with him when we are there. The Borestone Bar is his local and we've spent many an evening there.
To answer Finn, if I may...Chuffed means pleased and yes that's the same William Wallace as in Braveheart. The statue in the front is Bruce and the oblisk in the back is the Wallace Monument.
Is that correct?
Claudia

Pawsitive Thinking
06-22-2005, 05:05 AM
a 10 from me too! Fabulous

jenluckenbach
06-22-2005, 05:52 AM
a 10 it is! (but why did it have to be a winter photo?? BBRRRRRRR)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-22-2005, 07:06 AM
That is a fantastic pic!! 10 points is even not enough!!

to Jen: oh yes, please give me more winter pics, it is soooooooooooo hot here :p

furrykidsmother
06-22-2005, 08:06 AM
I gave it a 10! Best of luck!!

sirrahbed
06-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Another 10 for a lovely photo. Now, winning this camera means more kitty pics right?;)

Sassy_luvr
06-22-2005, 08:37 AM
You got my vote! I voted 3 I didn't like the photo.......NOT I voted a straight 10.

P.S. sirrahbed, you have an adorable son!My mom and I LOVE baby pics!!!!!!!

King Spartacus
06-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Wow!!! Thank all soooo much!!! And by the way, Claudia gave you all the right info!!!

Sorry, this will have to be quick one... but mamma and daddy has just seen The Aviator (which they thought was great!)... but never realised how long it was... so it's actually bedtime! Which means it's time for me to crawl into mammas wardrobe!

Really... thank you all so much! You're a super bunch!!!

Purries from Spartacus and his mamma, and good night to all (well... it's bedtime here anyway!)!!!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/kingspartacus/pictureaniamtion.gif