PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, Petfinder strikes again. I'm asking for this one!

My Peanuts
06-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Here's the situation. About a month ago my cousin and I found a little black Pomeranian in my yard. We took him in and he was so sweet. We took him to our vet to check for a microchip, but he didn't have one. We called a bunch of police departments and told them if anyone called to call us. Long story short, his owners saw him in our yard and came and got him. Happy ending for him :). My dad comes home from work and we tell him about the Pomeranian. He says, without thinking it through, "you should have just kept him." We knew we couldn't because the little guy had a family. However, this triggers my brain, and I think, 'he'd let me have one more!' For those of you that don't remember me (haven't been posting much lately), I have Sylvia the Pug, and Harley the JRT mix. Anyway, I was on petfinder.com and I found the perfect little guy and I think I'm going to ask my family about him. Here he is! He is so adorable!

Toby! (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4556665&adTarget=&SessionID=42b87f515140deca-app1&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=)

Let me know what you think of him and wish me luck with my family. :)

Kfamr
06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Toby is darling! I think he'd be "perfect" for your two.
Of which we need new pictures of, by the way. ;)

Good luck!

My Peanuts
06-21-2005, 04:03 PM
[i]
Of which we need new pictures of, by the way. ;)

Good luck! [/B]

I know I need to post some pictures. I've been lazy and then after that really busy. I'll get on that! :D

finn's mom
06-21-2005, 04:04 PM
He is really pretty! It sounds like he'd be a good addition to anyone's family! As long as they get along with him, he seems like he'd get along with anyone. Good luck! :)

animal_rescue
06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
He sounds perfect I hope everything goes ok!:)

Ginger's Mom
06-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I think he is precious. :) As long as Sylvia and Harley are ready for a little brother, I say good luck. :D

My Peanuts
06-21-2005, 04:13 PM
The only thing I'm worrying about is Harley. I know he won't hurt him, but when he meets new dogs or someone he doesn't know walks up to the yard he sounds vicious. He NEVER bit anyone or other dogs, but he can make some scary noises. I'm afraid the shelter is going to see that and say no way. My boyfriend brought his golden over to see Syl and Harley and Harley sounded like he was ready to fight. After about 30 seconds he wanted to be the Golden's best friend. He thinks he’s so tough sometimes! :p

Jadapit
06-21-2005, 04:20 PM
He is so, so cute!!:D I wish you all the luck in the world with your family. Let us know how it goes.

crsvstang
06-21-2005, 05:04 PM
He really is a cutie! Good luck to you!:D

Oggyflute
06-22-2005, 12:58 AM
He's gorgeous, he looks like a white Possum.:) I think my mind would have clicked on too, with what your dad said. Good luck with things, I hope it turns out for you.:)

Pawsitive Thinking
06-22-2005, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
The only thing I'm worrying about is Harley. I know he won't hurt him, but when he meets new dogs or someone he doesn't know walks up to the yard he sounds vicious. He NEVER bit anyone or other dogs, but he can make some scary noises. I'm afraid the shelter is going to see that and say no way. My boyfriend brought his golden over to see Syl and Harley and Harley sounded like he was ready to fight. After about 30 seconds he wanted to be the Golden's best friend. He thinks he’s so tough sometimes! :p

I am sure you will be able to convince them otherwise - after all, who knows your Harley best? His Mum! Good luck

k9krazee
06-22-2005, 07:30 AM
He is Very cute and sounds like he would make a great addition!! Good luck!!!

My Peanuts
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Ok, here's the update. I went home and talked to my parents. My dad, who usually is the one to say no, didn't care. My mom was like, "no" until she saw my dad's reaction. She told me to call and see if he's still available. I don't think this is a shelter, I think it's a bunch of foster homes, so I'm waiting for someone to call me back. I wish they'd call back already! :p

puggywuggles41893
06-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Toby looks like a darling boy! He would fit in great!:)

cyber-sibes
06-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Toby sounds like he'd be grateful for a wonderful home like yours - he's shiba-inu & terrier? ooh, he'll be a little package of dynamite! Best wishes for everything working out!

kittycats_delight
06-22-2005, 10:31 PM
I really hope you can give him the wonderful home he deserves. Toby is just soo adorable. Keep us updated. Fingers, toes, paws and whiskers crossed.

delidog
06-23-2005, 05:47 AM
Toby Looks like a Wonderful Dog!!!
And Soooo Deserving of a Good Home,
I hope you are able to Adopt Him!!!
Good Luck
Keep us updated!!

finn's mom
06-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Have they returned your call about Toby, yet? I just went back to his petfinder page, he is so cute.

My Peanuts
06-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm a little frustrated about this right now. I finally get my parents to agree about a third dog and this place isn't calling me back. I know shelters are busy, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a shelter. I think it's a series of foster homes and everything is run through voice mail. I also wrote an email. I'm trying to find some info without being a total pest. I also put in the email to please let me know if he is taken so I can look for someone else that would fit into my family. It almost makes me mad because they should be eager to place their dog. Any suggestions? How long should I wait before I start looking for another dog? I've already been looking on petfinder again, but I haven't actively persued any of the ones I see. To be honest I look on petfinder all the time even when I'm not looking to adopt :D I know someone is a perfect fit, maybe it's not Toby.:(

kittycats_delight
06-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Don't give up on Toby yet. I know when I was trying to get Lilith it too the shelter 4 days to get back to me. They fostered out their animals and they were only in the office 2 days a week aside for satuday and sunday whish was adoption days. They also have to reach the foster family to see when they can make Toby available to you for a visit. Give them a little time. Don't give up on the sweetie yet.

My Peanuts
06-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Well, Toby has already been placed :(. The woman told me about another small dog that needs a home. He was also hit by a car. He doesn't seem to be as good a fit as Toby would have been, but you never know. I never thought a Pug (usually low activity) & a JRT (high activity) would get along, but Sylvia and Harley are perfect together. This new guy is a Chihuahua mix, he is between 8-10lbs, and he's one year old. He has a cast on his back leg, but he will be fine. I have no pictures of him, but if he gets along with Syl and Harley I really don't care what he looks like. The foster mom says he should be able to keep up with my dogs energy once his cast comes off. I called my mom and she told me to call my dad at work, which I think means they want him. :D

kittycats_delight
06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Well...that's too bad about not being able to get Toby but at least he has a happy home. And maybe this other little guy will be right. Can't wait to see him. I bet he is adorable and I am sure they will all hit it off great. Good Luck and keep us posted.

dappledoxie
06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
He's soooooooo cute! I wish you the best :)