PDA

View Full Version : Tentativeman?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Yep, no Dartman here - whew! :D

It's been warm around here lately so we have the a/c running. Last night I was watering in the backyard so I was in and out quite a bit. Since we have the inside door closed because of the a/c, I just opened the screen door and left it open so I didn't have to keep opening and closing it everytime I went in and out.

This morning it's a little cooler so I open the back door to let the snots get some morning sniffs in before it gets too warm. So I open the back door, then start getting their morning treats ready (wet food) and give it to them. While they're eating, I sit down for my own breakfast - with the TV on. Imagine my surprise when I notice out of the corner of my eye an orangie crossing the threshold, sniffing the breezes as he goes! :eek: :eek: Needless to say my attention is immediately focused and I call to Jack. He turns his head and looks quizzically at me, then takes another step out the door! :eek: I try to remain calm so I don't spook him as I get up and go towards him, calling to him to come here. He keeps looking at me with the funniest expression on his face, then turning back and sniffing but, thank goodness, not taking anymore steps out. I got to him and the good news is he let me pick him up and bring him back in, and close the screen door! Whew!!! I didn't even notice that the screen door wasn't closed when I opened the inside door. :rolleyes:

He really likes being outside now, but has never been out just on his own with no leash or not in his little cage thingy - and never will be out like that if I can help it....and if I remember to close the screen door from now on - duh! :rolleyes: :o <insert "you idiot" smilie here>

Thank goodness I have Tentativeman instead of Dartman! ;)

lv4dogs
06-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Boy that sure can be scary. You are lucky, so is he!

Barbara
06-21-2005, 10:20 AM
*phew* A certain Eddie (or two certain Eddies) would have acted differently:)

Good boy, CJ!

ramanth
06-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Phew!! Good boy CJ! You just sniff that breeze from the threshold. :D

We all know what Zam would of done.... ;) :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
06-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Good boy CJ!! Spook would have bolted right out that door! She bolts eve if someone is standing AT an open door :rolleyes:
Of course, she never wants out for very long! Remus is more mellow about things, he doesn't even sniff at the door anymore.

Killearn Kitties
06-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Good boy CJ! :D You know when you are well off.

Laura's Babies
06-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Mike is BAD about standing in my doorway or his, with the door wide open and I can't tell you how many times I have told him not to do that... The temptation for them is just TO much and they are going to bolt one day... I think maybe now after Klingers great escape and being missing a few days, perhaps he has learned his lesson..

A opened door is just TO much temptation for our little furry friends...

Great to know you noticed it and got him back right away!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-21-2005, 12:05 PM
OMG, good you could destract him!! Maya can be such a pain too: whenever a "forbidden" door is open for just ONE second, she notices, and OFF she goes!!:eek:

Edwina's Secretary
06-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Dear Tentativeman,

You got to move faster than that buddy! See....the fun is making her come outside and beg! I almost always go right back in when she tells me to...but I love the look on her face.....she thinks she is so smart!

Dashingly yours,

Eddie

catmandu
06-21-2005, 07:46 PM
So would have a Certain JJJ3,who would have had me worried,as he raced around,the Neighbor hood,Willy Nilly,making me worry,needlessly.
CATS!!!!

RICHARD
06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
DARTMAN, TENATIVEMAN AND MEANDERBOY......

Prowling the outdoors in search of truth justice and freaking out their owners!!!!

Coming in the Fall of 2005.:eek: