PDA

View Full Version : What's the best flea control shampoo?

*LabLoverKEB*
06-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Does anyone one? I think that my girl Sadie has fleas, because she has been biting herself, licking her paws, and scratching nonstop. I'm planning to wash her bedding today, maybe that will help.... not really sure... But I'd like to give her a flea bath. I'm thinking Bio Spot is the right stuff? Am I correct? Thanks!

Muddy4paws
06-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Maybe you should go to the vet and see if theres any medicated shampoo you can buy from there as the ones from the shops may not be as strong or you could take your dogs to a dog groomers for a bath to treat the fleas?

lv4dogs
06-21-2005, 12:20 PM
I agree, a lot of the over counter flea products don't work, or at least don't work well. And there chance they may do more harm than good.
I'd use advantage, frontline or revolution. the advantage & frontline are now available at most pet stores! Great stuff!

bckrazy
06-21-2005, 12:44 PM
None.... :p

Flea shampoo does NOT work, long-term. The medicated grocery store shampoos like Hartz can do a lot more harm than good. You should take her into the Vet for a flea dip if she has fleas, then get a high quality preventative from the Vet or use natural flea preventatives (tea tree oil, etc).

lbaker
06-21-2005, 01:09 PM
http://riovistaproducts.com/dog/dogprod.html Look for the Limonene Shampoo with Penny Royal Oil. I also lime my yard in early spring which is good for the lawn, not harmful to animals and controls fleas and ticks in the yard.

Muddy4paws
06-21-2005, 02:09 PM
(Sorry Bcrazy I dont know how to quote!)

Tea tree does work!! I remember being at school my mum swore by it to avoid nits and headlice!