PDA

View Full Version : Aussie apology...

RICHARD
06-20-2005, 11:16 PM
I just heard that the Aussie contractor, who was kidnapped and held until he was freed by an Iraqi security force is safe and at home in San Francisco...

He made a statement where he apologized to PM John Howard and GWB for making statements against the Aussie and US government that were taped and distributed world wide..

He explained that he was under duress while the he comments were made.

No problems here, and am sorry he had to go thru something like that.

Thank god he is safe and at home.

A great story.

Corinna
06-20-2005, 11:19 PM
I thought the same thing, who of us wouldn't do the same to save our skins. It didn't get any one killed so what is the big deal?

Oggyflute
06-20-2005, 11:53 PM
He's actually visiting family in Melbourne at the moment. He seems quite a character, and mentally tough I would say.

RICHARD
06-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
He's actually visiting family in Melbourne at the moment. He seems quite a character, and mentally tough I would say.

lolol, I heard he was in Frisco....see why you have to be careful with the american press?

Oggyflute
06-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
lolol, I heard he was in Frisco....see why you have to be careful with the american press?

Yep, escpecially when his wife was with him giving a press conference. I think his family has persuaded him not to go back, and will probably settle home in the states.

kitten645
06-21-2005, 01:56 AM
He lives less than ten miles from me so I suspect it will be quite a big deal when he comes home. I really feel for him and his poor wife..how helpless she must have felt. I'll be at the homecoming I'm sure!
Claudia