PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I would introduce...

luckies4me
06-20-2005, 06:56 PM
a few new additions to Pet Talk, since you will be seeing lots of photos of them! First off, let me explain the situation. There is a lady that comes to my work (Banfield Animal Hospital) with her pitties. She will be gone most of the summer so I will be staying at her house and caring for her dogs. She has one blue and one fawn? who are very sweet. They just had a litter of pups, all placed before born etc. She's won many awards in agility, conformation etc. Her dogs are awesome! :D Anyway, so starting next month I will be spending a lot of time at her house with her dogs. This is why I thought I would introduce them now, and get it over with while I have the time, LOL. The other reason why I am making this thread is because I wanted to introduce Chance...name tentative mind you. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Raised with cats, I feel he will do wonderfully with me, especially knowing he is being socialized with both kids, adults and other pets. Someone, figuring my friend had just had puppies, decided it was a good idea to dump two pitbull puppies off on her doorstep, knowing she would provide a good home. :rolleyes: :mad: Luckily it was there, and not on the highway and god knows where!

So that is how Chance came about. He is still very young. Definitely a cutie, almost all white with brindle patches. I'm not 100% he will be mine, but I'm thinking about it. Once I meet him and get an idea on his personality etc. I will let you all know, but right now I am pretty smitten just by his pictures. So without futhur ado...

Momma
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/luckies4mee/000_0001.jpg

My wittle baby boy!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/luckies4mee/000_0031.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/luckies4mee/000_0017.jpg

LOL, this picture cracks me up! Playing with his new "daddy".
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/luckies4mee/bully.jpg

And, I saved the best pic for last. :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/luckies4mee/000_0038.jpg

Kfamr
06-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Please don't take this offensively, but i'm very concerned.

Wasn't it just a bit ago you weren't sure where your life was going or where you're going to be living? How can you afford all of these new animals?:confused:

luckies4me
06-20-2005, 07:09 PM
That was awhile ago...how can I afford it? Well I have a very GOOD job at an Animal Hospital. I make a lot of money, and if I didn't think I could care for a new pet, I wouldn't take on that kind of responsibility. ;)

Not to mention I never said this was a for sure thing. I need to assess the dog's termperament, health, playfulness and eagerness to learn etc. And if I take him it's not until I move, which is next weekend. :)

Jadapit
06-20-2005, 07:11 PM
:eek: Omg, what beautiful pitties!! Chance is such a doll. I cant believe someone would dump him off like that.:(

Kfamr
06-20-2005, 07:13 PM
If you say so, Cass.
Good luck to you and to Chance.

luckies4me
06-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
:eek: Omg, what beautiful pitties!! Chance is such a doll. I cant believe someone would dump him off like that.:(

They dumped off two. :( At least it was somewhere decent, but still, that doesn't justify their actions. There are two blue pits that come into my clinic reguarly. The other is a male, VERY VERY well behaved. His owner is awesome with him. He is the most well behaved, most obedient, friendly, loving dog I've ever met. I'm actually thinking of having him train Chance if I decide to take him. This guy really needs to be a trainer. He is wonderful!

Jadapit
06-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Aren't the blue pit's beautiful? Someday I hope to get a blue pit or a white one. I just have to talk my husband into getting another dog.;)

luckies4me
06-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
Aren't the blue pit's beautiful? Someday I hope to get a blue pit or a white one. I just have to talk my husband into getting another dog.;)

Hehe, this is why I'm glad I'm getting my own place and i'm single. ;) hehe

senorita02
06-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Oh what gorgeous Pitties, all of them ,they are sooo beautiful, i hope things workout and they all have happy loving futures, that Chance is too cute, look at his lil buns!!

Fur&Feathers
06-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Omg, so cute!!! Lucky you to be taking care of those babies all summer! ;) And what a beautiful boy Chance is, I love his little pink paws. :D

luckies4me
06-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by senorita02
Oh what gorgeous Pitties, all of them ,they are sooo beautiful, i hope things workout and they all have happy loving futures, that Chance is too cute, look at his lil buns!!

I'm pretty sure if I decide not to adopt them they will keep him. They've dubbed him "Midget" LOL. :D

I'm pretty excited I'll be able to care for them this summer. :) Plus, I get to stay in a really cool house, LOL. :p

Bigyummydog
06-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Ahhhhhhh!http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/faint.gif

I almost couldn't handle it. You get to have these gorgeous
creatures all summer? Lucky you...CHANCE is beyond adorable.
Ummm, we will be getting pics all summer?...right?

And...you should have warned us about that last pic....:rolleyes:

Oggyflute
06-20-2005, 11:57 PM
He's such a gorgeous looking pup, so beautiful.:)

slleipnir
06-21-2005, 02:18 AM
I thought you had another dog??? Guess you never found her? Anyway, cute pup!

vinjashira
06-21-2005, 02:55 AM
cute - pups with a patch are the best :D

LorraineO
06-21-2005, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Please don't take this offensively, but i'm very concerned.

Wasn't it just a bit ago you weren't sure where your life was going or where you're going to be living? How can you afford all of these new animals?:confused:

My gawd,, you are so rude!!!! Its none of your business what her job is or the state of her finances...... why cant you just send along good wishes and send embarassing question in a PM??

crsvstang
06-21-2005, 08:36 AM
They are beautiful dogs! Chance is a cutie!

anna_66
06-21-2005, 09:07 AM
How beautiful! And that pup OMG I love him!!! Your very lucky to be spending the summer with them!!

MsMini
06-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Very pretty dogs. I am glad those pups had a happy ending and not ending up at a shelter.

moosmom
06-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Lorraine O,

My gawd, you are so rude!!!! Its none of your business what her job is or the state of her finances...... why cant you just send along good wishes and send embarassing question in a PM??

With all due respect, I think Kfamr was only concerned for Cass's well being, and she may have not put it into the proper words without SOMEONE bashing her.

My first instinct was to ask the same thing. I mean, Cass, I love you dearly and you know that. But the last time we spoke, you were in dire straits, not knowing where you're going to live or how you were going to survive. While I think it's commendable of you to take in these poor pups and I congratulate you, I think you need to put your priorities in perspective.

All that being said, I wish you luck with your new fosters!!

finn's mom
06-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
With all due respect, I think Kfamr was only concerned for Cass's well being, and she may have not put it into the proper words without SOMEONE bashing her.

My feelings, too. And, Cass had already responded to Kay's post, anyway.

LorraineO
06-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Finns mom and moosMom....

all the more reason she should have posed that question in private,,,, doing it this way made Cass explain her personal business to us all and it NOT OURS to know... I stand firmly behind my post. Kfamr was rude as all get out with her post...

Samantha Puppy
06-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Cass - I'm glad it looks as though things have taken a turn for the better with you! I know you were stressed out about money not too long ago... it's always good when those problems don't stay around very long. I hope everything goes well with your adorable pitties. LOVE the puppy pics! More!

LorraineO - Cass apparently didn't take offense to Kfamr's post, having already responded to it with smilies and all. If YOU thought Kfamr was so rude, why didn't YOU lead by example and PM her your thoughts on what she said instead of bringing it up in public after it was already laid to rest?

finn's mom
06-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by LorraineO
Finns mom and moosMom....

all the more reason she should have posed that question in private,,,, was rude as all get out with her post...

You could have saved your reply for private discussion as well. And, you were also rude. I sent you a pm earlier, if you want to say anything else to me, please do so privately. This is not the thread for this conversation.

LorraineO
06-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Standing up for a users right to adopt a pet without having to submit a report on her financial stability to some teenager is wrong!? Yeah,, well if you think that,, youre just a rude as Kfamr is !!! too bad if youre embarassed i adressed this here,, it needs to be said and seen for everyone!! I didnt answer your pm as it wasnt worth answering.

finn's mom
06-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Standing up for a users right to adopt a pet without having to submit a report on her financial stability to some teenager is wrong!? Yeah,, well if you think that,, youre just a rude as Kfamr is !!! too bad if youre embarassed i adressed this here,, it needs to be said and seen for everyone!! I didnt answer your pm as it wasnt worth answering.

If you read the pm, I told you how I felt about the situation and about the post. And, coming from you, if you think I'm rude, I'm not in the slightest bit offended or embarassed. I think Jaime was the one that said something about a battle of wits once. Again, I'm not embarassed, I just didn't think a thread about someone's dog needed to include yours and my disagreement.

And, I'm sorry, Cass, that your thread has gone in this direction. And, I can promise I won't add anymore to it.

bckrazy
06-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Lorraine, I agree that Kay saying that on this thread was a little impulsive on her part, but so is your bashing her on this thread (talk about hypocritical) and calling her a "teenager"... like teenagers don't know crap about dogs and life. Trust me, some of us do. That kindof hurt my feelings, personally :(

I love Cass, she is awesome. And I wish her the best in everything.. especially with her son and her current pets. I think we all know Cass is a really nice person. I'm also very, very, very saddened by Freckles mysterious disappearance... and it sounds like she tried to find her, but I know if I lost my dog I wouldn't even THINK of any other dog in the world before I found him. I was really troubled when she posted about adopting a Freckles look-a-like days after losing her. I'm actually disturbed by all of this, and now everyone is fighting about it. Yeah, Kay is concerned about Cass's financial and emotional and everything well-being... and we kindof DO have a feeling about it and we can talk about it because Cass has talked about all of the problems in her life right now. I don't know if it's totally practical to get a puppy when you're just recovering from being borderline homeless, almost having to give away all of your animals, and your friend stealing your other dog... I think that is what Kay's concerned about. Me too -.-

caseysmom
06-21-2005, 01:06 PM
I have been trying to stay out of this too, but I have to agree that demeaning somebody for doing something while doing it yourself is sort of hypocritical.

Also bccrazy and kfamr are 2 of the most responsible people I know with their pets, teenagers or adults.

flamepony12
06-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
Lorraine, I agree that Kay saying that on this thread was a little impulsive on her part, but so is your bashing her on this thread (talk about hypocritical) and calling her a "teenager"... like teenagers don't know crap about dogs and life. Trust me, some of us do. That kindof hurt my feelings, personally :(

I love Cass, she is awesome. And I wish her the best in everything.. especially with her son and her current pets. I think we all know Cass is a really nice person. I'm also very, very, very saddened by Freckles mysterious disappearance... and it sounds like she tried to find her, but I know if I lost my dog I wouldn't even THINK of any other dog in the world before I found him. I was really troubled when she posted about adopting a Freckles look-a-like days after losing her. I'm actually disturbed by all of this, and now everyone is fighting about it. Yeah, Kay is concerned about Cass's financial and emotional and everything well-being... and we kindof DO have a feeling about it and we can talk about it because Cass has talked about all of the problems in her life right now. I don't know if it's totally practical to get a puppy when you're just recovering from being borderline homeless, almost having to give away all of your animals, and your friend stealing your other dog... I think that is what Kay's concerned about. Me too -.-

I agree 100%. You know we love you, Cass, and wish you good luck with your new fosters. The only reason people are saying these things is because they care about you. Good luck!

LorraineO
06-21-2005, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bckrazy
[B]Lorraine, I agree that Kay saying that on this thread was a little impulsive on her part, but so is your bashing her on this thread (talk about hypocritical) and calling her a "teenager"... like teenagers don't know crap about dogs and life. Trust me, some of us do. That kindof hurt my feelings, personally :(

I didnt say that,,,,, I said I simply cant get over her posing a question as personal as regarding ones ability and financial ability to care for a animal... Cass had no choice but to adress that in the public forum .. to not to,,, she would have made ppl assume she wasnt able. it should have been kept private. I will not back down on that point ever!!!! Of course its easy to come off like Kfamr does ,, she has mommy and daddy to pay her pets bills and run them to vets, play in heated pools,,, puleese,,,,, who is she to ask about finances!????

caseysmom
06-21-2005, 01:15 PM
I guess when you come on here previously and say you are about to be homeless, less than a month ago it is sort of public knowledge.

Sorry but you are being really rude about kay.

Samantha Puppy
06-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Actually, Cass has shared her personal triumphs and woes here - including those of a financial nature. People here care about animals and merely want to see them placed in the best possible forever home. Kay was going off of Cass' latest issues that she shared, and that we hadn't really heard had changed. So last she knew, Cass' finances were not the best to bring in a puppy and all the responsibility that goes along with it and was questioning it because she cares.

It's the same thing members here did for another PTer whose house burned down, whose husband didn't like animals much, but yet who kept bringing pets home and then having to give them up. It's not healthy for the pet, it's not healthy for the human, and it's sad. It is up to each individual here on where to draw the line as to what they share about their lives. Me, I choose to keep a lot to myself and focus only on my pets. Cass needed to vent about other goings-on. What is put on a public forum is up for debate. If you don't think it should be, don't post it. Otherwise... <shrug> ... it's out there for everyone to read and judge.

sasvermont
06-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Hey guys and gals, why expose us all to this kind of mess and PM each other.

Life is too short to be reading threads like this...and typing them as well.

Spare us.

lbaker
06-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Lorraine, I guess you thought you were defending Luckies (who didn't even ask for "defending") and getting a dig in at KayAnn at the same time. Gee, I guess that thought came back to bite you in the a.... didn't it :rolleyes: Sorry Sass, I hit send before I read your post...

LorraineO
06-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Lorraine, I guess you thought you were defending Luckies (who didn't even ask for "defending") and getting a dig in at KayAnn at the same time. Gee, I guess that thought came back to bite you in the a.... didn't it :rolleyes: Sorry Sass, I hit send before I read your post...

thanks but as far as I am concerned,, nothing bit my arse...... I stand by my posts,, period. Theres no digging going on,, just pointing out the obvious....

moosmom
06-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Of course its easy to come off like Kfamr does ,, she has mommy and daddy to pay her pets bills and run them to vets, play in heated pools,,, puleese,,,,, who is she to ask about finances!????

*sighs, shakes head, :rolleyes:* Sounds to me like a little ENVY is sprouting it's ugly head. Tsk, tsk.

I think this thread needs to be locked. Enough has been said.

SAS,

You hit the nail right on the head.

LorraineO
06-21-2005, 02:07 PM
now THAT comment IS funny.... Envy??? okkkkkkk

gemini9961
06-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I think they are all cute. That's all I'm gonna say.

sandragonfly
06-21-2005, 03:18 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/luckies4mee/000_0038.jpg

look at that nose!! he's very lucky and he has a great name! Chance was the name I almost named one of my kittens ...they were found too! but I thought I'd save it for my next dog :) all "C"'s :p

whatever you're going to do, hope to see a grown handsome chance around here sometimes! much lucks.

chrissycat21
06-21-2005, 03:22 PM
The pitties are adorable! I can't wait to see more pictures. :)

luckies4me
06-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Whoa whoa whoa people, LOL. Calm down now. ;) If you guys didn't read what I typed I am "babysitting" the dogs during the summer. I will get paid about 25 dollars a day to care for a clients dog, while thinking of adopting a puppy in need. They will not be at MY house, but at their owners house. I am still thinking about it, this isn't a for sure thing.

Now lets all agree to dissagree and move on, k? :)

CUTE DOGS..I agree. :D

finn's mom
06-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Now lets all agree to dissagree and move on, k? :)

Great attitude. :) Glad the thread hijacking didn't get to ya. ;) I think the dogs are adorable. :)

dukedogsmom
06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
The dogs are adorable. I think the first pic of the puppy is the cutest, though and should have had a cuteness warning. And, in ref to the nastiness to Kay, I think that was left over from the dog house thread that ended up being deleted. I agree that Kay should have been pmd instead of hashing it up in here.

Kfamr
06-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Wow, Lorraine, I knew you were a very immature "woman" but not that low. You're certainly not one to tell someone else that they're being rude.

Grow up, please. You know NOTHING of my finances or what goes on in my household, how we go about paying our vet bills and taking care of our animals. NOTHING dear, and I don't believe I need to explain anything to some idiot lady who chooses to blab her ignorant asinine thoughts about me. Which, by the way, i'm in the process of getting TWO JOBS to help with our finances, along with the dogs I walk and groom. Who's the one to talk now?

Cass has displayed her whole situation on this board time and time again - so why would I have to keep that private? She never posted an update further than what she told us before, and I was just concerned because she has a ton of animals already.

And we left it at that. You're just looking and looking for a reason to go off on me because of your immaturity and ome obvious thing you have against me. It's not surprising, however, coming from you.

GROW UP! Act your damn age.

Cass, i'm sorry Lorraine has blown this up larger than it should have been. She turned it into a thread about ME, which isn't surprising on her part. I'm sorry I showed concern and I didn't mean any harm by it at all.

LorraineO
06-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Awwwww.. i hit a nerve,, tough Kay.

Kfamr
06-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Awwwww.. i hit a nerve,, tough Kay.

No nerves were hit here. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's rather ironic a lady "old enuff to be my moma" is more immature than a teenager.

Please grow up and move on. It's obvious you have something out against me, which you have no right to have as you know NOTHING about me. Put me on your ignore list. It works quite well. :)

Good Day.

MsMini
06-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Hehehe Hi Lorraine.

slleipnir
06-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry, but I agree with Kay.

Lorraine, as far as I see it, you're the only one being rude. Kay was only pointing out that she is concerned, I highly doubt she was trying to cause anything! I too wondered what was going on. If it's none of our business, maybe we shouldn't have been informed about what happened before?? If that's our business, why isn't this? lol

Sorry cass, no harm to you here.

CagneyDog
06-21-2005, 04:17 PM
They are SO cute :D

What about Freckles ? :( Your still looking for her aren't you?

BitsyNaceyDog
06-21-2005, 04:43 PM
They are so cute. The puppy has the best nose ever. Oh my gosh, I'd be kissing the little spots every chance I got.

Originally posted by CagneyDog
What about Freckles ? :( Your still looking for her aren't you?

That's what I was wondering. Don't give up on Freckles.

Vette
06-21-2005, 05:08 PM
That is one cute puppy!
wonder if his nose will go all pink,, or all black?
or stay like that?

LorraineO
06-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
No nerves were hit here. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's rather ironic a lady "old enuff to be my moma" is more immature than a teenager.

Please grow up and move on. It's obvious you have something out against me, which you have no right to have as you know NOTHING about me. Put me on your ignore list. It works quite well. :)

Good Day.

just responding to you on your own lil level so you can understand the words coming out of my mouth..... unlike what many ppl here say,, you just aint that great,,, and I will say what i please when I please,,, your ignore works well too... DEAR!

lizbud
06-21-2005, 05:39 PM
LorraineO,

People have been banned from this board before for doing
exactly what you are doing right now. Please stop it.

CagneyDog
06-21-2005, 05:42 PM
unlike what many ppl here say,, you just aint that great

:rolleyes:

Don't you think its time to give this a rest Lorraine?

Kfamr
06-21-2005, 05:45 PM
I'll bite my tongue here and be the more MATURE person ONCE AGAIN, Lorraine.

lbaker
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Let's see. KAnn has been on-board more than 3 yrs, and is admired and respected and - hmmmm, L has been here less than one... hmmm again. KAnn is a proven, caring INTELLIGENT member of the community. From one woman considerably older than you, DEAR.. give it a rest.

Suki Wingy
06-21-2005, 07:23 PM
I agree, pips with patches are the best! :D I love pitties, and these super-cuties are no exeption!

LuckiLab03
06-21-2005, 08:33 PM
I agree with everything above.. there is no need to be so dramatic Lorraine.

Cute puppy Cass :) I have to admit, I can see why Kay had the reaction she did because as far as I remember, you were trying to get your old dog back and looking for Freckles at the same time. I'm sure you'll make the best choice for your pets, whatever your situation may be :)

luckies4me
06-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Sorry this thread turned so sour. :( Perhaps I should have given an update. My apologies. I was under the impression everyone did get an update, but perhaps I am wrong. :o I am sure most of the people here know I work at Banfield Pet Hospital as a vet tech/csc. I make a decent amount of money, plenty enough to care for the pets I have and then some, not to mention buy Dylan new clothes, get myself a tattoo etc. (btw I have to post pictures of that!) I make about $1,400 a month without taxes. I also get three Wellness Plans. Not sure if anyone knows exactly what those are, but they cover all exams (even in emergencies), x rays, all vaccines, dentals, blood work, fecals and dewormings etc. Plus, I get 20% off all other services and products (except Frontline, Advantage, and Iverheart) as well as 15% off Petsmart. I LOVE my job! My pets are spoiled rotten.

I'm not sure if I was clear earlier in regards to the older dogs. They belong to a friend who is taking a few vacations during the summer, and during that time I will be staying at her house caring for them. They already have a wonderful caring owner, and now they will have a wonderful caring "sitter". As far as the puppy, I am still thinking about him. Having his current owner tell me last night he was a little agressive and dominant there is still lots to think about.

As far as Freckles, there is NO WAY I will ever forget about her, or give up on finding her. As far as I'm concerned I think she'll come back someday. being lost in such a small city to me it's bound that someone is to see her eventually, and if someone did keep her someone will eventually see her. Everyone has their own way of dealing with the loss of a pet, and for me, I see no harm in thinking of adoption another dog. I absolutely love the companionship a dog has to offer, and frankly I am really proud of myself for getting through the puppy stage with Freckles, and growing to love her the way I did, and would like to offer that love and commitment to another dog in need.

As far as my living situation I am perfectly fine right now. In fact, I am quite proud of myself as I can now be independent, and I am loving it! :D Now, I hope this settles things. If you have anymore questions please pm me. We all know I'm not one to hide things here, LOL. I consider myself a pretty honest and open person...to a certain extent anyway. :p ;)

*Now, everyone should check out Cat General because I'm going to post new photos of Milo and Ewok!*

moosmom
06-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Cass,

Thank you SO much for the update. Glad to see everything is going well. You know we care about you, kiddo.

I do hope this will now quell Lorraine's obssession with KayAnn.

*Geez* :rolleyes: