PDA

View Full Version : Creative Memories, Anyone?

sandragonfly
06-20-2005, 06:24 PM
hi!!

with a doubt (except for mommyof3cats) and wondering if anyone more here on this site are doing them? (creative memories is one of scrapbook club names) I'd like to know more about them before I join one around here -- share your experiences..how fun they are? have you got what you want? etc.. and plus: share if you have any pictures of your pages! I'd just like to see some examples...thanks! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
06-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Hello!

My mother does creative memories! She is a CM Consultant. My mother and I LOVE IT! it sooo much fun! It can be expensive, but it's worth it! Much better than storing your pictures in an old shoebox, in a drawer, and in a box. And you'll always find yourself looking at your albums, like me and my sister.

I do albums for my Sadie girl, who is in my siggy below.... I don't have any examples of my pages, sorry! Good luck, and HAVE FUN!:)

dukedogsmom
06-20-2005, 09:01 PM
It's very expensive but very addictive. My CM person is also a teacher and once a month on a Friday, they have cropping parties after school. It's a lot of fun! I've only gotten to go to a few but hope to go to more.

chrangharris
06-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I'm a HUGE scrapbooker! I love creative memories stuff but it is expensive. I use stuff from all different brands depending on price, style, and what I'm doing! I'll post some pictures of pages in a few minutes!

chrangharris
06-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Here are just a few of my favorite pages. I have about 8 albums!

This is my absoulute favorite. It is a two-page spread. I took tons of pictures of Misha's different body parts and then converted them to black and white. I take all of my own pictures!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/chrangharris/00008.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/chrangharris/ec6fd50b.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/chrangharris/aedc815e.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/chrangharris/00011.jpg

As you can see, I do very simple pages! I take so many pictures that I need to keep my pages simple in order to have time to get it all done! :D

anna_66
06-21-2005, 09:59 AM
I've been to a party before and it was really fun! I do love scrapbooking!

sirrahbed
06-21-2005, 04:18 PM
My DIL, Chris posted above and I know she has been to Creative Memories parties and always says that she has a good time. She has showed me some products and a few techniques to get started so I will show some of my *beginner* pages. I think the products are expensive but very good quality. I am pretty cheap so I shop at Wal-Mart:p

The pictures that are cut into shapes are done using a special template and I think they look pretty neat! The papers and and stickers are WalMart. I also have bought some papers and things at JoAnn Fabric. The Creative Memories classes are very inexpensive and would be great to learn techniques and get ideas. Chris says that things like scissors and edge cutters would probably be best to go ahead and spend more for the quality.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/crafts/scpbk4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/crafts/scpbk.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/crafts/scpbk2.jpg

I am also working on a book of my daughter Missy (sirrahsim's) pregnancy and baby Tyler.

OK, there are my few pages - how about more of you posting? I would love to see what others have done.:D

AlleyCat
06-22-2005, 12:30 AM
I do like CM very much, but I do find it is time-consuming -- at least for me. I have done 3 albums (one is still a work-in-progress - my furkid album) and the other two were of my two honeymoons. I really jazzed up the honeymoon ones (sorry I can't take any pixs right now as they're already packed - I move in one week!) One great thing about the CM albums is the pages also come in colors other than white. One of my honeymoon trips was out to New England in October so I used a fall/halloweeny theme (without being spooky) and used black pages instead of white, the effect turned out awesome! Remind me in a couple of weeks to take some photos.

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 03:05 AM
hey there!! :D

thank you for the posts and especially photos of photos.. :p (I get insane looking at this word "photo...photo...photo..." so addictive too!) :)

anywayoo, they look great! yeah I heard it's so expensive! well the main reason I hesitated joining is because I know nobody who loves scrapbooking as much as I do!! *pouts* also...not much of animals die-cuts/stickers, etc seen in CM stock...am I right?

at least all of my photos (from 200...no, 1999!) are all in order and (NOT in some shoeboxes) :p being packed...but have not been seen. :( hard decision to what to use or where to start!! *groans* I just want to find an (cheap maybe?) album that contains photos forever without damaging, yellowing them.

chris... what's the 'others' you tried? is CM still the best?

and deb, had no idea you're related to chris! :) did I read right that wal-mart has acid-free papers too? sorry I haven't even started any CM here so no pictures but I can take a few of my crap scrapbook I made aaaaages ago! lol. only if you want.. :p

mommyof3, I'll remind you, absolutely. :) black pages is way cool. I plan to use black pages so to give a well-contrast for my several black fuzzied-beauties!

thanks again...I'll be back! :)

chrangharris
06-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Gina- I've been scrapbooking for about 6 years now. I started out with just a few basic supplies- a good pair of scissors, some papers and stickers. Once I realized this was something I LOVED and will be doing a lot of, I started expanding my gear and spending some more money on better quality items that can last- a good paper trimmer, great scissors, circle/oval cutter, corner rounder, etc. (the stuff that can be used over and over again)

I use the Westrim brand albums. They look a lot like CM's. They are a 12x12 straphinge like CM. They cost around $20-25 dollars for the album. Refills are about $12 for 20 pages and then page protectors are around $9 (I'm pretty sure those prices are correct). They just came out with some more colored refill pages. I've never had a problem with Westrim but I don't know how it will do LONG term. So far, no yellowing or aging but like I said I've only been doing it for 6 years.

I get supplies from all over- Walmart, Target, Michael's Jo-Anns and specialty scrapbook stores. Michael's and my specialty scrapbook store sell the Westrim. Michael's does 40% or 50% off coupons and that is when I'll get the bigger ticket items- I also watch Michael's sales because they can have some good ones. I love CM's stuff- especially their organizers. I do like to go and look at all different stores and have a variety of things/brands in my albums.

The main thing to look for is Acid AND Lingin free. If you are not sure if the item you are using is both, don't let it touch the pictures. As an extra safety precaution, you can also mount the questionalbe item on some paper.

If we go somewhere, I'll get some of the brochures and use them in my albums also.

A lot of specialty scrapbook stores has space to scrapbook and will even have crops were a bunch of people get together to scrapbook. The fees are normally very reasonable and it is a lot of fun to talk to fellow scrapbookers- you make some friends and get to look others albums for more ideas! Around here, we have tons of specialty scrapbook stores (mostly mom and pop type places). I just went and checked them out and I quickly found my favorite store!

sirrahbed
06-23-2005, 08:35 AM
gina - yes Chris is married to my oldest son (I like to say Daughter-In-Love) as "law" sounds yuck and their Misha is one of my grandchildren.

Like I said, I am thrifty (OK, CHEAP) and buy most everything from JoAnn and Wal-Mart and yes they have lignin/acid free papers, acid free stickers, etc. I bought a 12x12 album with 10 page protectors for $5 at JoAnn - it was half price but even at $10 - I can handle that. The downside is that they only come in about 5-6 colors but oh well.

I don't know what I am posting here for because I do most of my scrapbooking in my head and have only done 6 pages - but I have lots of supplies and ideas and good intentions:p

AlleyCat
06-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I don't know what I am posting here for because I do most of my scrapbooking in my head and have only done 6 pages - but I have lots of supplies and ideas and good intentions:p

Hey, 6 pages is great - you have to start somewhere! I am like you too in that I do purchase a lot of my acid free/linguin paper at stores OTHER than through CM because Walmart, Joann is so much cheaper. So Gina, you can always do a combination of CM supplies and other supplies to save money, as long as they're acid-free/linguin free.

BTW, anyone, what is linguin free? I have always searched for this when purchasng products, but I have no idea what that means! I do understand the acid-free part though.

sirrahbed
06-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by MommyOf3cats
BTW, anyone, what is linguin free? I have always searched for this when purchasng products, but I have no idea what that means! I do understand the acid-free part though.
I wondered this too and found this site for definitions (http://www.scrapbooking101.net/articles/definitionofterms.html) :D

What’s Lignin?
Lignin is the natural bonding element which holds wood fibers together. Newsprint contains lignin—you’ll notice how brittle and yellowed a newspaper becomes after just a few days. Like acid, lignin can be removed during processing to make scrapbooking paper safe.

If you want to include newspaper articles or announcements in your memory album, photocopy them onto acid-free, lignin-free paper. Copy onto an off-white paper that resembles newsprint for an authentic look.

sandragonfly
06-23-2005, 01:09 PM
good morning/evening! :D

"I don't know anybody who loves scrapbooking as much as I do to go with!!" is what I meant.. :rolleyes:

LIGNIN!! thank you! as posting my previous, I couldn't spell it right! I looked into dictionary for "lu...." that explains I didn't find! "lIGnin". :D

chris, 6 years is long! and beginning can be so awkward..icky. I know I said I stored all my photos but been scrapbooking on and off since 1998...so say...that's almost seven years then threw some of them away because didn't liked my ideas after I thought I liked them! ( :rolleyes: ) but,...just knew about acid/lignin until last year! :eek: so I checked my four ol'albums recently and they still appear as fresh as the days I made them...hope that continues, yikes. oh, and corner rounder is my favorite part!!! you couldn't forget that supply, right? :D mountings/proctections sometimes can be hard for me sometimes because of reflection. but I can't complain and yes, CM's organizers' the main reason I thought of CM. and second, I've went to one CM party with one of my friend, and it was so much fun gathering!

deb, I see now! I remember I saw two Mishas but didn't realized it was the same one! heh...thrifty woman! haven't went to one for long time! hey, look at me...zero pages! six is what I need to do! two or three would be a start for me. :rolleyes: :D :)

mommyof3, ..true, I could find goodies from Michael's and few other stores others mentioned while I could find some (expensive, maybe) good acid/lignin album/pages. :)

hey, just wondered this, how do or can you test a page if it's acid/or/lignin free?

everybody, just took some pictures of my old album to share! but need a computer to load them up...be back! :D

chrangharris
06-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Gina- to bad you don't live closer- we could get together to scrapbook! :D I have no idea how to test to see if something is acid/lignin free!

I have a dining room with a great big long table in it (Sirrahbed's hubby made it for us- it's gorgeous!) I keep my scrapbooking stuff out and whenever I get a few extra moments, I work on a page. I stay caught up that way. If company is coming over, I'll clean it up. It works great for me!

I do like going back to my first albums and see how much my pages have changed! They have definitely improved over the years. My style has changed to- the type of papers, colors and stickers I use- it's neat to see how my tastes have changed!

K9soul
06-23-2005, 02:32 PM
I had never even heard of Creative Memories until I saw this thread title (yeah I'm out of the loop!), so imagine my surprise when I did a google on it and found out it originated in my very own city of residence! LOL I knew this area has always been a very crafty area, lots and lots of craft fairs and antique shops around, but I didn't realize that CM started here (or that it even existed :o).

Well, I recently started messing around with my first scrapbook on my own, it's really very simple. As you know the supplies are expensive so I'm working up gradually. I just recently bought some templates and cutting utensil and some various adhesives and shape punches. So far I've mostly used stickers, pictures and shapes. I will have to try to get a couple pictures of the pages I have put together but again, they are just beginner pages! I do hope to grow in this hobby, and have plans to get a work station set up in the back room. David made me a table and I need to get a good desk lamp and some storage shelves for supplies. I definitely plan to do more with it especially in the winter when I'm always restless for things to do.

I will come back and look more at people's ideas and pages when I'm done with work, and perhaps share my beginner pages :D

sandragonfly
06-24-2005, 04:36 PM
welcome, k9soul!! :D that's funny you didn't know local one :p and glad you found it! so you could move on with your fun hobby. yes, we would love to see your beginners!

yeah chris!! I wish I live closer...I wish my friend who I went with last year never had to move far and far away. :( seeing you changing style can be fun. have it changed to more or less?

I've been looking around on website to find how we could test acid/ligni pages... nothing! looks like there's not a way...aw. anyway, here are the pictures I promised!

this is my graduation album... my favorite so far. (mountes are hard to see here...)
http://tinypic.com/69qooy.jpg

this is my swimming album - see...rounder's my favorite! told ya.. :D :D
http://tinypic.com/69qpg5.jpg

this isn't finished, ran out of items :rolleyes: but you get an idea. :)
http://tinypic.com/69qptl.jpg

gee, I'm crazy over black pages! :p think they look good or too dark?

K9soul
06-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Ok here are my first attempts. This is the first time I've ever done this so I made some mistakes but I did the best I could with the materials I had :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/scrapbookpg1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/scrapbookpg2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/scrapbookpg3.jpg

AlleyCat
06-24-2005, 06:58 PM
They're really cute, k9 !! Even if you feel like you "make mistakes" - each page is unique and there is no right or wrong way to do them. They look fabulous -- keep on scrappin' !! http://www.chrisandreabeard.com/Emoticons/cat.gif

AlleyCat
06-24-2005, 07:00 PM
By the way, Tasha and Tommy look adorable!

*LabLoverKEB*
06-24-2005, 07:01 PM
K9soul, your pages look awesome! I love them! Keep up the great work!;)

chrangharris
06-26-2005, 06:42 AM
All of the pages look great!

Gina- I love the black backgroudn-it looks awesome!

k9- The dog pages are awesome! I didn't see any mistakes and if there are some, it makes them more special! There is no right or wrong way to scrapbook- it is whatever looks good to you!

sandragonfly
06-27-2005, 02:38 PM
k9soul! love your "dog's life" paw page!! mistakes? what the heck...I love it! :D

and the page above that, of tasha/tommy, I think that's my new favorite of your babies!! *stealing that picture* ;) :p

hey, I have a question, ( I'm finally scrapping.. :eek: ) what marker do you use for scrapbooks? would a black washable marker be ok, not fade in future at all? (this time I'll be using white pages).

it's for my friend who had her birthday yesterday, I took tons of pictures and they're already printed out, yay! can't wait...excited! :)

mommyof3cats will soon to be reminded for her pictures! :D

K9soul
06-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Wow thanks for the compliments, I certainly never expected such high praise :D. Most of the mistakes are little things that probably only I really notice, like a crinkle in a sticker etc. The first page, the marker I used bled a bit, but last weekend I went and got some markers that are labeled as being for scrapbooking and are supposed to not bleed. I got them at Target. I didn't even realize our Target had a scrapbooking section until I noticed it this weekend. The dog paw one I had no specific plan for except that I wanted it to be "A dog's life" theme. I cut out pictures and put them on the circles, then when I was trying to decide how I wanted to lay them out I had the inspiration for the dog paw, so I drew and cut out the bottom pad.

Gina that picture has long been one of my favorites, from last fall at Quarry. Here is a bigger pic of it since you like it :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Quarry%20102904/7e352880.jpg

RobiLee
06-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Everyone's pages are great! I love seeing other people's pages so I can get some ideas.

Gina, I didn't know you were or are a swimmer. My son swam all through school and I miss watching him swim and compete. What is your best stroke? His is backstroke although he was very good at all except breast.

Jess, love your pages and it helped give me ideas for my doggie pages.

I've recently started scrapbooking. Anna got me started and bought me some goodies for it. She has some really great pages. I only have 4 pages done so far. I am very slow at it...lol. I haven't worked on it at home any at all. The church that I occasionally attend has a "crop party" once a month and I've been twice so far. I really enjoy it and it is my time away from home and very relaxing. I seem to be mostly addictted to buying the supplies right now :rolleyes: . I don't know why but if I find some scrapbook supplies somewhere I usually wind up buying something...lol. I love when I can catch something on sale. Now if I can just make myself sit down and do some more pages!

I haven't ever seen any Creative Memories stuff, but I have heard of them.

Here are my 4 very blah and boring pages. I'm a beginner but I am learning! My big mistake was in Tori's birthday page I put Katie's bday date:rolleyes: . I need to fix that!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p949d94ccacf571958a8a3352bd60cb17/f384cb7d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p32126cdc35cd66529ee672c76c139e0f/f384cb72.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p968bf96e9eb582be3e20ff0b99521b4c/f384cb6e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p94a42fe80cbba7c9d0a06d9a1641f39f/f384cb68.jpg

K9soul
06-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Robin I like your pages! It's funny how everyone feels their own pages are rather plain or not very creative, but everyone else who seems them really enjoys them ;). I really like how you cut your pictures out and used the colorful borders Robin, I think it looks really nice! I will have to try that on some of my future pages. I have all kinds of various theme ideas in my head but so far have only worked on it occasionally. I want to get a work station set up in the back room before winter so I can mess with it more once it gets cold out. :)

chrangharris
06-28-2005, 06:24 AM
Keep the pages coming! You guys have some great ideas!

Gina- There are special pens/markers in the scrapbooking sections. They come in a wide variety of colors and sizes. Like everything else, make sure it is labeled "acid free"

sandragonfly
06-28-2005, 08:32 PM
woohoo, thanks jessica!!! I can't love it more. :D

robin, WELCOME to our club!! :D I really like your pages too! you just kept it simple and you used pastel colors so that made your pages look "softy" and touchy, you know what I mean? your girls are very beautiful, they make your pages more uplifting!

thanks chris! now I'll have to make a more trip back...just had two pages (of my friend's party) done! a few of photos of it, promise later.. ;) (oh...if I ever finish it! heehee)..

(oh robin, I 'am' a swimmer and butterfly is the best! :D my swimmates and I just broke a college record for 200 IM relay from 1982!! I like breast the second but I got to swim fly in that relay, yeeaa. yeah, I miss having my parents to come and watch me and I know how they miss coming to my meets too. :) how old is your son? or what's the reason he stopped? too bad, I know the fun). :)

dukedogsmom
06-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Jess, I love your pages! I keep meaning to get pics of mine and put them here and forget. Then, I see the thread at work and remember. Maybe my next days off I can remember to do it.

chrangharris
06-30-2005, 09:58 AM
I just finished this page and was so excited that I had to share with you guys! What do you think of it?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/chrangharris/d2590c10.jpg

*LabLoverKEB*
06-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Oh my gosh! I abso lutely love this picture! Sooo adorable! Great shot!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Quarry%20102904/7e352880.jpg

K9soul
07-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by chrangharris
I just finished this page and was so excited that I had to share with you guys! What do you think of it?

That is really cute!! Very creative, I love how you did the "spaghetti" :D

I just finished a new page in mine today too so I dug this thread up again to share it. It's the first page I've done that was more than just stickers and shapes so I'm pretty happy with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/scrapbookpg4.jpg

I actually got inspired while at Quarry and started picking up little things I thought would look nice on the page, a little flower, a tassel of grass, a couple pieces of granite, and I found a hawk feather on the trail! I also got the perfect picture to use for it :). I really like it. I crinkled the dark green paper and used sandpaper on it to give it a rugged look.

Also I have an official work area now, David made me a nice big table and I have it set up in the spare bedroom. I still need a few more storage things, I'll probably look at what Target has. Here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/workarea.jpg

Once I get more storage I can gradually work on getting more supplies here and there.

anna_66
07-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Love your set up Jess and that page is adorable!

And Jess your right, people do think theirs are dull or boring sometimes and others love it! That's why it's so fun to share your pages.
I'll share a few of mine too...
I'm not that creative but here goes!

I'm in the process of doing one for Angus. I have one for all the dogs, but this one is just for him...my special little man.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid176/pb562b8686f5b43fc9343747e51fdc4e3/f35c8c67.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid176/p0d91a887e5a2222a9bc90c5db3726c94/f35c8c45.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid176/p25a9456441e167585f0e7d9215af38fe/f35c8c2e.jpg

This is one of my favorites of Roxey when we were in agility
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid176/p8c9b399169d8fc659f47b0c4471b3fa0/f35c8bfc.jpg

And one for my RB Keisha
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid176/p612f3156714d989990e5ca0e96b9a429/f35c8bbd.jpg

Sorry to have gotten carried away:o

K9soul
07-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Sorry to have gotten carried away:o

Please don't be! I truly love seeing everyone's pages, as much as possible. Besides really enjoying them, they also help give me ideas too :). I really like your pages Anna, especially Angus's and Keisha's. Beautifully done :)

chrangharris
07-08-2005, 06:22 AM
k9- I love how you did the page! That is great! I never would have thought to sandpaper the paper but it gives it a wonderful effect! The little things from the trail really set it off and the torn paper is a neat effect- so many new ideas!!

Anna- I love your pages to! I really like the shape of the pictures on the agility class page- so simple but it looks really good!

lynnestankard
07-08-2005, 06:33 AM
Wow this is so nice - looking at all these scrapbook pages. They are all so good.

I've brought a whole lot of goodies back from the States (my luggage weighed 113 kilos!!). I had the best shopping in Archivers and Michaels - gosh there is so much wonderful stuff out there - we are getting more here, but very slowly and........very expensively!! Sol I'm determined now to get down to it and start scrapbooking.

Lynne

sirrahbed
07-08-2005, 07:35 AM
These are beautiful and creative pages everyone! K9- your workspace looks terrific as it is so much nicer to be able to work without digging supllies out every time! The Quarry page is really good - ALL of these pages are giving me ideas and making me want to get busy again:)

This is a fun thread you started, gina:D

Now......more picture pages please!

K9soul
07-08-2005, 08:11 AM
I really enjoy seeing everyone's pages too, and I appreciate the compliments :). I never really start out with a complete idea, I start out with part of one, like picking the things up at Quarry, and when I was at the craft store I knew I wanted to use that paper for a Quarry page. Once I decide on a picture, I knew I wanted to put that picture with the items on the page but it took me a long time to figure out how I wanted to do the label, and I worked on that a long time on its own. Once I had it done and set everything onto the page, it occurred to me the picture would look best framed by the same torn paper look. After that it was just gluing everything on! Thankfully David had a glue gun laying around that I could use for the rocks and stuff.

finn's mom
07-08-2005, 08:30 AM
I've never done a scrapbook, but, I've always wanted to. I just have so many photos, most of them are just in regular photo albums. One day, I hope to scrapbook a lot of my memories. :) Everyone's pages are so nice, this is a great idea for a thread!

RobiLee
07-09-2005, 03:36 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/chrangharris/d2590c10.jpg

Its great! I love that you came up with that idea.

RobiLee
07-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Jess, I love your Quarry page. Very creative. That is so cool that you have a workspace now.

Anna, you already know I love all of your pages ;)

I went to a scrapbooking party a week ago and I was there from 7:30pm to midnight. I only did one page and it is just as boring as the rest of mine. You should see all the other ladies pages. I feel very inadequate and realize that I am NOT a creative person...lol. I don't know if I will give it another try or not. I am starting to get a pretty good supply of scrapbook stuff but I have a feeling I have wasted a bunch of money;). I sat there at the crop party not even talking to anyone and just trying to come up with some kind of idea. I am really bad at this...lol. I should have known better. I never have been very creative. I love seeing everyone's pages and I hope you will keep posting them as you go along!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I never heard about scrapbooking before :o . But I must admit that it very much appeals to me!! In fact, I want to learn that too! He he, my next book from the library or shop will be about scrapbooking!!I hope I can find something though, as it is something typical American:D

chrangharris
07-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Robilee- My first albums were very boring-same size pictures, same shape, same everything. The more I've scrapped, the more ideas I steal from other people!

Maya and Inka's mom- Maybe you can find some books on Ebay??? Here in America, you can find scrapbooking stuff everywhere! I'm surprised you can't find much overseas!

King Spartacus
07-11-2005, 05:49 AM
Wow! You guys sure's got some great pages (and worktop!)!!! I make albums, I wouldn't really call them scrapbooks, but I do love to make a bit of a design on them. The one I'm making at the moment is Spartacus'. I'm doing all the pages in black and some vibrant colour. (Sorry bad piccies... I'm no good at taking piccies of piccies!)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/kingspartacus/camera004.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/kingspartacus/camera003.jpg
I love these piccies! He's such a sweeties when he's alseep! ;)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/kingspartacus/camera002.jpg
The red rectangle on the bottom half of that page, is actually a booklet... untwirl the thread that's around the button, and there's all the rest of the Christmas piccies!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/kingspartacus/camera001.jpg

Best wishes, Sylvie, KS' mom

RobiLee
07-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Wonderful pages, Sylvie! I love seeing everyone's pages.

chrangharris
07-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Spartcus- I would call that a scrapbook! Great idea about the little booklet with the christmas pictures- I might have to steal that one! :D

dukedogsmom
07-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Jess and King Spartacus, I love your pages! I'm going to take some pics of mine and put them up later. I'm not even supposed to be here now. I'm in the middle of cleaning.

RobiLee
07-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Jess and King Spartacus, I love your pages! I'm going to take some pics of mine and put them up later. I'm not even supposed to be here now. I'm in the middle of cleaning.

Cleaning?! Whats that? ;)

Kfamr
07-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Jessica, I absolutely LOVE your newest one. I wish I had taken a picture, but I made a really nice memorial for my mother's co-worker for their dog, and I used dried up flowers. It turned out real nice.

Anna, I love that one with Angus and Mark. It's too precious.

Robin, I love the birthday one for Katie. Those pictures are some of my favorites.

chrangharries, That spaghetti idea was fantastic! Looks great. Misha is too cute.

Sylvie, Those are very nice! I love the colors and they're very well organized.

Here's one really cruddy one of mine, but I think it's probably my favorite. (Just because of the content)
http://petevents.com/~simba/scrapbook1.jpg

RobiLee
07-11-2005, 02:39 PM
That is great, Kay! I love it. You should post some more of yours.

Everyone is so creative!

chrangharris
07-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Kfmar- Cruddy- I don't think so!! I love how you used the scraps and the edged scissors! The border on the side is a great idea- I always end up with mine on the top of the page or if I'm real daring, on the bottom!

dukedogsmom
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Here's mine.
My favorite.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/071105_2.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/071105_3.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/071105_4.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/071105_5.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/071105_6.jpg

K9soul
07-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Everytime I look at everyone else's pages I feel like my pages are a bit drab in comparison, but I also think everyone's creative streaks work differently. That's what makes everyone's pages unique and so fun to look at. I know I'll get better as I go along and as I get more equipment. Right now I mostly just have the very basics.

I think that's a pretty good design Kay, I have to agree I enjoy the little scraps and all the various shapes you used. You have a lot of talent with design and layouts as well as great use of colors, textures, and shapes :).

Val I really love your pages too, I've been checking back in this thread off and on in anticipation of seeing them :). I think you really have an eye for layout and color too, I had to just sit awhile and take in all the details of your pages. That April showers one is really artistic! I just can't decide which of the Duke ones I like best, they just all look fantastic to me, the paper, the pictures, the layouts, everything :).

I truly enjoy everyone's pages, even those of you who feel your pages are not creative, to me I see creativity in all of them! I also sure appreciate the different ideas for future projects :).

countrycowgirl
07-11-2005, 09:23 PM
W:eek: W!! everyone's pages are just AWSOME!!! I just started scrapbooking last week and I must say that I am hooked!!lol...I will have to post some pics I already have 7 pages!:o ....I love to look at everybodys pages keep the pictures coming!!:D

chrangharris
07-12-2005, 06:42 PM
dukesmom- On the Dog Days page- did you do the letters out of pictures? If so, how did you do that??? I love all of your pages!!

dukedogsmom
07-12-2005, 07:05 PM
dukesmom- On the Dog Days page- did you do the letters out of pictures? If so, how did you do that??? I love all of your pages!!
Yeah, they were from the sand and the grass. I was at my scrapbook store and they let me use the die cutter there. They have parties every Friday night. Thanks for the compliments, too.

anna_66
07-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Just went to a scrapbook party tonight....
Here's my new page, I love it:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/pd5eedbb809aec9e11da4418a7a7c61c3/f348b57f.jpg
I'm going to attach a full size too so you can see all the neat little sayings you can't read with it this size.

I think this is one of my favorite pages!

dukedogsmom
07-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Anna, that is so good! It's bittersweet to see that sweet Angus, again. I think of him often. The page looks great!

finn's mom
07-12-2005, 10:05 PM
anna, that's beautiful. :)

Kfamr
07-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Alright Anna, I love the one of Angus and his daddy but that one takes the cake. I love it. It's gorgeous. You know how much I love that boy of your's. I'm going to have to make something to add to his little memorial in my room.

I just did one tonight while clearing my mind. I did one of my big boy, too. :) Too bad we don't live closer, would have been great to do them together. :)

(see attached)

anna_66
07-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks ladies, I love it too:o

Kay, that's awesome! I would have never thought to use the dog hair like that, what a great idea!
Would be nice if we lived close and could do some scrapping together:)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Everyone's pages lokk spectacular!! You all are so creative1

Kay- That's a great idea! I really like your pages!

sandragonfly
08-21-2005, 09:40 PM
no! I didn't forgethis.. :o

bumping this back up after I sent a PM to mommyoft3cats a reminder for her scrapictures!! :)

wow, haven't visited this thread for so long...

spanighetti, quarry, spartacus, duke (& especially april showers), angus, muttlies & more has great pages!! the best part of scrapbook I love about is.. colorful photographic, of course. :) terrific job, you.

guess what? remember I mentioned about my birthday friend, doing a scrapbook for her? I've finished it!!! 27 pages total.. :eek: did it all in three days with few hours of sleep. had to finish it before she moves to another state. I would share but most of you shared pet pages. :p

lynne, finn's mom & maya & inka's mommy -- welcome!! :D :D hope you had some pages starting...? hope to see mommyof3cats pictures soon and I've begin to wonder where's sylvie/spartacus's mom? :confused:

chrangharris
08-22-2005, 09:22 AM
27 pages in 3 days!! WOW! You need to share with us- it doesn't matter that there are no pets involved- we need ideas!! :D

I'm working on a special album just for Misha- it is going to have a page devoted to each family member and something special from that member. I've been working on that album lately!

sandragonfly
08-24-2005, 04:09 AM
if you ask so, sure. :D :p I know!! I'm glad (and surprised) I could do that! well, since there's so many pictures with me in it, I only can share a few. however, I can tell you what I did. I "weavered" the papers I cutted into tiniest strips as I can.. they usually are the background around the corners. if a few strips left over, I also make 4-8 holes with hole puncher around the corners and weave last strip into it. the picture looked like it has been sewed! :) oh, I did add a bow on one corner. with a thick enough thread, not ribbon or else.

now, here this scrapbook came out very colorful and is the simplest I've ever made, easier for my girl-friend to look at because she is mildly blind.

a few first pages later..
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/f8da429a.jpg

blowing & cheering..
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/56c3011b.jpg

gifts & gifts..
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/35710919.jpg

chatting & laughing.. (my favorite page!)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/53cc01b6.jpg

and what's the best of it....?
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/5.jpg

it's a 3-D scrapbook!!! :D you should see the last page through this 3D glass, it was SO cool! you see, see the yellow sticker says "FUN"? it definitely looks like a sticker but when you look through that 3D, 'FUN' looks like it floats under the pool!! and the sun part...WOW. AWESOME. I swear. yellows and blues has a good contrast for 3D, and pinks/reds vs blues, purples vs greens too. really, you've gotta see it for yourself someday! :) anyway, I was nervous giving this scrapbook to her...she loveeeed it!! and said 3D glasses helped her seeing pictures better. yay.

ps; just heard that mommyof3cats wouldn't be able to post her scraphotos up for a while more.. and I look forward to your, chrangharris's more misha!!

anyone else too? ..we're going back in the circle. :D

chrangharris
08-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Gina- What great pages! They are so colorful! The 3-D effect must be great- I've never heard of someone doing that!