PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever go back to read ....

Randi
06-20-2005, 04:31 PM
.... old threads, when nothing much is happening here? I just did, and I enjoyed it immensely! :) Ok, perhaps it's funnier when you know the members, but still ... newcomers can get an idea what PT was like, then. :)

With so many members, threads disappear so fast. :(

Killearn Kitties
06-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Yes, I do that. :D Just today, I read through the catolympics thread. A classic! Although I still haven't heard Fister's pathetic miaow. I've never read that thread while I've been on a machine with speakers! I really must sort that one of these days.

Edwina's Secretary
06-20-2005, 04:58 PM
And the Princess Cruise...that's a favorite of mine!

lizbud
06-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Yes, I do.:D Usually it's when I'm searching for an old subject
or particular thread. I get sidetracked into reading some others.

I remember Fister's miaow.:D

Randi
06-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Karen, you'll surely get to hear Fister one day. :)

Sara, yes along with others, the Cruise was quite funny. :D

Liz, I also often get sidetracked, but today, I went back to page 6-700 just to see what was going on then. There are quite a few good threads from back then. :) Btw, your post was one of the first I replied to, as far as I remember.

Edwina's Secretary
06-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Well thanks guys..... I just spent half an hour I should have been working....rereading the Catolympics.....:D :D :D

What fun that was!

lizbud
06-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Randi

Liz, I also often get sidetracked, but today, I went back to page 6-700 just to see what was going on then. There are quite a few good threads from back then. :) Btw, your post was one of the first I replied to, as far as I remember.

How neat.:D You don't remember the name of the thread
do you? Doesn't matter really. I agree, we've had a lot of very
good, sometimes funny, threads before.:)

slick
06-20-2005, 06:15 PM
I've done that quite often.

One Saturday afternoon, I clicked on the "last" page of the General section then started reading forward every 5 pages or so. Two hours later I returned to earth and started my housecleaning. :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
06-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by lizbud

I remember Fister's miaow.:D

That's usually what I end up doing....and have found some great threads, I missed the first time around!

sandragonfly
06-20-2005, 08:58 PM
yuppie - :D

I've been out of here for more than six months at first then came back for only a week then out for almost a year... a lot to catch up!

cruise and miaow...hmm, gotta check that out, especially from you guys! I remember catolypmics...who wouldn't forget winning a gold medal..) :eek: :D :D ;) :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Oh yes!!! That' s an excellent thing to do when everything on the forum is a bit quit... ;)

Randi
06-21-2005, 08:04 AM
LOL! Sara, what better excuse can you get to avoid work? :D

Liz, I found the thread:

Save more cats! (http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?threadid=5943)

It was started by ILOVECINDER.

Btw, we haven't seen Purley for a long, long time, and also Anti Pam. :(

Slick, that was just what I was doing - clicking on the last page. You really do get sidetracked. ;)

It's also fun to see which threads are the longest, you can do that by clicking on replies at the top in each Forum.

Corinna
06-21-2005, 08:29 AM
My faviorte (actually got me to sign up after lurking for months. was the thread) where Phred got a visit from a certian little shepard who became his second prayer pup. of course there is the clam juice and Boots thread also.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
where Phred got a visit from a certian little shepard who became his second prayer pup.

Ohhhhhhhh, I've never seen that one before!! Can anyone please find the link:confused: :D

anna_66
06-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by lizbud

Same here. And I love reading the old thread, expecially the ones I missed the first time around.

lbaker
06-21-2005, 10:33 AM
That's funny Corinna, that's the exact thread that got me hooked! I'll never forget the infamous "Klam Juz"... or when The Mayor & Paul left the country for a trip and we all went "AMOK AMOK" (Zippy the trouble-maker started that one I think :D ).

k9krazee
06-21-2005, 02:35 PM
I have been reading old threads all morning :o I just finished with the catolympics and the dogolympics!! Too funny!

Rachel
06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
Ohhhhhhhh, I've never seen that one before!! Can anyone please find the link:confused: :D

A true classic...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3850&highlight=Cinder+AND+finds

Freckles
06-22-2005, 12:43 PM
The interesting part of "Cinder wants to keep the Stray" is many of the posters were mentioned in the Thread "PTrs of the Past".:)

AmberLee
06-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Don't forget the classic -- Frito Feet. It's hysterical!

lbaker
06-24-2005, 04:36 AM
"frito feet".. oh man, I can't tell you how many people I've prodded to actually grab pup toes and sniff :D AND, seriously give me feed back on the results :D It's all true! Oh boy do my funny bones hurt from laughing.