PDA

View Full Version : Deuce's ouchies update..

Glacier
06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Deuce is spending the day at the vet again. He has decided that I am not allowed to pull his drains out or touch his back leg. I decided not to push the issue, although I think he would have cooperated eventually. So he went to the vet this morning. Dr. Rick just called and said he pulled the drains out. I think he took the stitches in his nose and the upper wound out too. The bigger tear goes over his knee and the skin is very tight there. Those stitches have to stay for another week. No sign of infection or other problems. :D

Deuce the doofus was actually happy to go back! They must be really nice to him when he spends the day. He certainly doesn't mind being there! He pranced through the clinic and stood in front of "his" kennel waiting to go in! He seems to like being in small spaces to sleep. I should get him a crate. He's not good with cats so the only way he's sleeping in my bedroom is crated.

Dr. Rick said he would like to talk to me when I pick him up. I'm hoping that means the biopsy is back. Hoping even more that it's not bad news! I will update on that this evening.

Daisy and Delilah
06-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Prayers and good wishes are on the way for Deuce!! We hope everything will be ok with him Glacier.:D

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

Queen of Poop
06-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Too funny that he likes going to the vet. No wonder he wouldn't let you touch his drains, etc. He wants to go be pampered. Good grief!! Fingers crossed that the biopsy comes back ok. Take care Deuce.

lizbud
06-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Glad to hear that Deuce is being so good at the Vet. I didn't
know he had stitches in his nose too.:( Poor boy.

Don't you always hate when the Dr. says that he would like to
speak with you later? Always reminds me of an old teacher I had. :D

Glacier
06-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Glad to hear that Deuce is being so good at the Vet. I didn't
know he had stitches in his nose too.:( Poor boy.

The two stitches in his nose are vet inflicted! They are from the biopsy of his nose lump, not an injury from Raven's teeth!

finn's mom
06-20-2005, 05:41 PM
I hope the biopsy results are good!

k9krazee
06-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Goofy Deuce boy, fingers crossed that the biopsy reveals no more bad news!

dukedogsmom
06-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Deuce sure sounds like a character! Who would like to go to the doctor? Unless for a big makeover, anyway. I'm glad he doesn't mind going. I hope he'll continue to keep getting better. Then, we'll expect more pics, of course.

gemini9961
06-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear he's healing up well. Hope all goes well with the biopsy results.

cyber-sibes
06-20-2005, 09:04 PM
How fortunate he likes it at the the vets, considering all his ouchies! Hope you get good news....

captain
06-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh Deuce!!!
Just want to be spoilt at the VET!!!

Waiting for the update tonight ............... :)

Bigyummydog
06-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Hope everything turns out ok, DEUCEY.

What's this about loving the vet :eek: ??????

Glacier
06-20-2005, 11:52 PM
No biopsy results yet. Well, the preliminary ones are in, but Rick wouldn't give them to me. He wants to wait for the final results which should be in tomorrow. Not sure if that means good news or bad news!

Deuce is happy to be home. He busted out of his e-collar and his little pen tonight. I put him in with Raven, Mac & Antare for a few hours. Raven was fine with him. He was happy to run around and play. I'm not going to bother with the collar much anymore. Maybe at night. It's been 11 days, he should be ok without it for part of the time anyway! When he escaped he ran straight for the porch--where he's been sleeping. So I conceded defeat on that too! He can keep staying in there if he wants!

Will post his results tomorrow after Rick calls me.

Oggyflute
06-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Hope things go well with Deuce's biopsy results.

LorraineO
06-21-2005, 05:56 AM
Waiting anxiously!!!

Queen of Poop
06-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Fingers, toes, paws crossed for good results. Very happy that Deuce had a good run around, he must be feeling better.

finn's mom
06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Maybe I missed another post somewhere, but, did Deuce's biopsy results get back in?

jesse_3
06-21-2005, 08:29 PM
I have not been on here forever, so I picked up reading this! Deuce get better, and be a good boy! Deuce you stay out of trouble now! Jes and I are hoping the biopsy results come back in good!

lizbud
06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Maybe I missed another post somewhere, but, did Deuce's biopsy results get back in?

Just preliminary ones so far. Nothing definate yet she said.

K9soul
06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Deuce sure is in my thoughts, and I hope the news will be good news. He's such a handsome and happy boy. How long before the official welcome home anyway, or has it happened already? ;)