PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you smile

dukedogsmom
06-20-2005, 02:55 PM
I thought I would start a thread on this as I've got a big smile on my face. I've got my sweet Doogie napping on one side of my computer chair and Duke on the other side. They're so sweet and they make my life so happy. So, share your happy thoughts.

sandragonfly
06-20-2005, 03:00 PM
things...? mm, many. but what makes me smile the most...

A HUG! :)

Barbara
06-20-2005, 03:02 PM
To think of Sasvermont's kitties sleeping under my covers:)

Pam
06-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Anything that my grandson says or does. :)

CagneyDog
06-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Animals & friends

JenBKR
06-20-2005, 03:18 PM
a few things make me smile...when the clock hits 5:00pm (almost there!!), when I can get that rare nap in, any cuddle time with my dog and cats. when my cat Belle "makes dough" on my hip (when I lay on my side), then curls up, purring, and we lay together for a while...:)

luvofallhorses
06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
My furbabies.

slick
06-20-2005, 03:27 PM
There are tons of things that make me smile and they all have to do with my furbabies, Pet Talk, or my Pet Talk friends.:) :D :D

Kfamr
06-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Right now, just about the only "things" are my dogs.

I was just talking about this with a "friend" ... and how much it upsets me if someone makes fun of me for loving them so much, or chooses one over the other. Because all 3 of them mean so much to me and I could never choose a favorite.

Anita Cholaine
06-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Anita always makes me smile......... she's all the time doing something funny, like a little baby, or perhaps she's just sleeping, but she makes me say "Awwww, you're so pretty, Anita"...

ParNone
06-20-2005, 05:00 PM
My puppers of course always put a smile on my face. Gully has a special talent for making me laugh. Lately, every night, he goes on frog roundup. He moves'em all over the yard and he's so excited about it, his tail is straight up, like a Pointer, wagging a mile a minute. I wish the frogs would come out in the daylight, so I could get some video of it. Oz herds'em up too, but not with such gusto. :)

I also love stories about my nephews. They're at a really cute age right now. Sean's 8 and Kyle's 6. Over the last year, Kyle's gotten to were he spells everything. So my sister's driving around with them in the car one day and Kyle's got a non-stop spellathon going of everything he sees... S-T-O-P, stop... C-A-R, car... D-O-G, dog... Finally Sean interjects with A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G. Ah gotta love him. :)

Par...

4 Dog Mother
06-20-2005, 05:17 PM
My dogs and my grandaughter
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/p347ca797b7440520a10f498327cd169c/f3af6ca8.jpg

How can you not smile when you see such a beautiful happy little face?

Suki Wingy
06-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Not much these days, I've taken to retiring to my room with my boys to read the 5th HP book for the 4th time at about 9 and turning my light off to sleep at about 1, Nothig else to do when the rabbit has had his time outside the cage, the doggie is pooped from a long run, and you are not alowed on the computeror tv for the rest of the day. At least that takes my mind off of everything else without really thinking about what I am reading. I only have the british version of the 2nd and 4th.:( They were gifts from my cousins when they lived there.
NiÑo, Oslo, Tigger, and thoughts of my future Thailand import plakat boy make me smile. Sometimes PT cheers me up for a while.

auggie
06-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Anything that my grandson says or does. :)
Oh Pam, funny you should say that.
My 2 year old granddaughter loves dogs and cats.
Yesterday I pointed out a standard white Poodle on TV and said “look at the doggie”.
She looked at me with this serious look on her face, shook her head and said
“not a doggie, Oma, it’s a Sheep!”
:D

KYS
06-20-2005, 07:43 PM
My dogs, animals, nature, people, and a
funny movie.

Ginger's Mom
06-20-2005, 07:50 PM
You picked a perfect day to ask this, Val. :) Ginger and I were playing, and she was acting like a puppy and we were having such a good time, I wanted to run outside and yell, "I love my dog!" But I figured the neighbors would call the men in the little white coats to take me away. But here it is okay to say it. :) I love my dog. I love the way her little face lights up when I let her play on the apparatus at the playground when no one is around. I love the way her face lights up like it did today, when she finds those little round balls (some sort of maple blossom from the trees or something?), and she throws them up in the air and chases them. Yeah, that's what makes me smile. Thanks. :)

Suki Wingy
06-20-2005, 07:55 PM
I think I am known as the crazy girl who doesn't care about what you think around here, I do that sort of thing all the time!:) :) :) ;) :)

CalliesMom
06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
The kitties, of course; my husband and doing a good job at work. I enjoy what I do and could not imagine doing anything else.

Pam
06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by auggie
Oh Pam, funny you should say that.
My 2 year old granddaughter loves dogs and cats.
Yesterday I pointed out a standard white Poodle on TV and said “look at the doggie”.
She looked at me with this serious look on her face, shook her head and said
“not a doggie, Oma, it’s a Sheep!”
:D [/QUOTE]

LOL! LOL! Out of the mouths of babes! I was telling a co-worker today that grandchildren are God's reward for growing old! There must be some perks for old age - it is not for wimps that is for sure! LOL!

Kids who grow up around animals are doubly blessed I think. My grandson has always had some kind of furry animal sniffing at him from the day he came home from the hospital!

Karen
06-20-2005, 08:54 PM
When Miss Hoppy stretches her nose toward me to be petted, them turns into flat bunny when I do pet her! :)

Samantha Puppy
06-20-2005, 09:13 PM
When Samantha greets me at the door every day. She wags so hard her whole butt wiggles.

When Samantha gets a new bone, she carries it around like a trophy for days, sometimes weeks. Up to bed at night, back downstairs in the morning.

The way Samantha turns her head when she tries to understand what I'm saying. She loves sentences that begin with "Do you".

The sickening look of adoration she gives when my husband comes home from work. She flops over on one side to let him rub her belly and then follows him to the couch where he scritches her ears and she gazes up at him adoringly.

Watching my cats play together happily.

Watching my husband pick up and cuddle our cats. (He "hates" cats, didn't you know?) I especially love it when he does it when he thinks I can't see or hear. He's very sweet with them. Of course, when I "catch" him he says he's just gaining their trust so he can throw them in the river... until I leave the room again and he whispers to whomever he's holding "No, I won't!"

Watching my husband play with Samantha.

Getting e-mail. I love e-mail.

Thinking about hearing my baby's heartbeat on Friday for the first time... seeing my baby on a sonagram in the next few weeks... finding out the gender and calling it a name instead of "it"... holding my baby in my arms...

Seeing my friends from Scotland again over the holidays. They missed me so much, they're flying back over (even though they were over for 3 weeks last summer) for 2 more weeks and hopefully will be here for the birth of my first child.

My mom's cooking.

My dad's hug.

Queen of Poop
06-20-2005, 09:19 PM
My Sasha dog makes me smile. Every and anything she does warms my heart. She is the most wonderful doggie ever. Right now she's under my computer desk, waiting for me to be done, looking up at me when I look down at her. She is my life, my reason for getting up every morning. :D

Chica
06-20-2005, 09:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/3d_hi.gif

Chica makes me so happy!!!! :)

She is a little luv bug!!! She also sleeps under my covers every night. She is like a baby. She wants to be with me like I am her mommy. :) :) :) I love it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/loved_1.gif

finn's mom
06-20-2005, 10:03 PM
dancing in my car, seeing others dance in theirs....people holding hands....animals......good music.....other people's smiles.....so many things! :) i used to have a keychain that said "smile daily"....and, I do!

Suki Wingy
06-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Wow, i am really jelous, you smile daily at those things!?! I want to be you I feel like I cry daily.

RICHARD
06-20-2005, 11:48 PM
My Income Tax check!!!

pennies!!!!!

:D

sandragonfly
06-20-2005, 11:55 PM
...only 385 pennies, richard?! that's mucch less than what I get and I'm not smiling... :rolleeyes: they'll take back.

...but keep smiling. :D ..:eek: I just smiled?

oh I wish...daily.

PJ's Mom
06-21-2005, 12:36 AM
My pets and my kids make me smile. :)

slleipnir
06-21-2005, 02:38 AM
My babies! They always put a smile on my face. Just thinking about how much I love them makes me smile.

My family, some friends.

popcornbird
06-21-2005, 02:53 AM
My sweet birds always make me smile. My family makes me smile. My dearest friends make me smile. Getting and email, IM, or phone call from someone who means a lot to me makes me smile really big. The weather makes me smile when its sunny, breezy, fresh, and beautiful. Picking and eating fresh fruit from our trees makes me smile. Going for a drive in the mountains, or going to the beach make me smile. Watching the sun rise or set makes me smile. Watching the wild birds enjoy a meal in our backyard makes me smile. LOTS of things. :D

Sirrahsim
06-21-2005, 06:42 AM
this little man makes me smile :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/pdeb3dbb73d1ae7ac09bb29cd787f192f/f3b6c8c4.jpg

anna_66
06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Spending the whole day with my husband:D

Getting online and seeing your best friend is on too:D

Watching Huney sleep:D

Watching Bon play in his pool:D

And the look in Roxey's eyes when she gets to go somewhere:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-21-2005, 09:34 AM
- seeing my cats play together
- watching my cats gromming themselves
- getting a phone-call
- hearing the garage-door, meaning that Bernard just came home!
- finding a new flower in my garden
- seeing happy threads here on PT

etc....................

DJFyrewolf36
06-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Lots of things make me smile... :D

This thread did!!

Lets see....what else?

Kissing my hubby in the morning when I get ready for work and when I come home (I miss him for those 10 or so hours I'm gone!)

My furkids (they are such HAMS!)

Music (especially techo music)

Dancing in the car (you should see the way people stare lol)

My car (such a good little junkpile)

Warped TV Shows (Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Aquateen Hungerforce etc)

PT (Love you guys!)

Annnnd...........

Glowsticks!!

Of course this list is nowhere near complete :D

k9krazee
06-21-2005, 01:52 PM
- The way Micki gets when you ask him if he wants to go for a walk
- The way Jack steals stuffed animals out of my room and brings them to me, his whole back end is just wiggling and he is soo proud of himself.
- When I talk to Mini about going fishing and she gets so excited
-When I bring home new toys for the dogs and they are all so happy
- Seeing Micki after he got to ride on the lawnmower with my dad all day, the wierdest things make that boy happy
- When Kyra first wakes up in the morning and she has to make the rounds and tell everyone good morning
- Watching Jack and Jasper wrestle
- Hearing the guinea pigs squealing every morning for breakfast
- Getting mail
- Singing as loud as I want in the car
- Happy PT threads
- Volunteering at the animal shelter and watching my little babies go to new homes

The list has only begun...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D