PDA

View Full Version : Update on Fritz

fritz03
06-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Here's the latest on Fritz:Mom and Dad took him to the vets and it might be some sort of virus affecting the lining of his stomach.He's lost 2 tenths of a pound due to this,hopefully not much more.We have give him this drug called Metronidazole.We have to give it to orally(through the mouth) 1 cc at a time with a syringe.When he tries to poop it is runny and a little blood with it.He can drink water o.k. ,then he brings it up.he brought up right after we gave him the first thing of the medicine. He still can't have anything to eat yet,hopefully that'll change soon.he's sleeping right now under the blanket on the little couch downstairs.I hope he gets better soon as I hate seeing him like this.my sister just come to see him.She rang the doorbell and jumped off the couch,barking and went and greeted her.Fritz had no temperature,so that's good.Mom isn't the 8 hours to give his next thing of medicine.Hopefully this medicine and a good night's sleep will make him better.

Jadapit
06-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Awww poor Fritz!:( I hope the medicne helps him. I'm sorry he's feeling bad Barry. I bet it is really hard seeing him sick.:( You and Fritz will be in my thoughts.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Glade to here Fritz is on the up and up.

Glacier
06-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Sorry to hear Fritz isn't well. Metrodizonale is good stuff. My Preacher gets an upset intestinal tract occasionally for no apparent reason. He's had every test known to man and never found a reason for it, but a week of Metrodizonale clears it right up and he's fine! Hope Fritz is back to normal soon!

Daisy and Delilah
06-20-2005, 03:51 PM
GET WELL SOON FRITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know how sad we are to hear about you still being sick Fritz. Barry, Mama, and Papa must be very depressed over this. Goodness gracious Fritzie. Please get over this buggy thing you have. We hate to see our little Fritz under the weather. Good wishes are coming your way from Florida Fritz. You know we love you!! PERK UP!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

elizabethann
06-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Oh Fritz, I hope you get better soon. Please keep taking your medicine and try not to throw it up. Get plenty of rest.

Take care sweet thing.

k9krazee
06-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Hope you feel better soon Fritz :(

chocolatepuppy
06-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Oh sweet Fritz, I hope you're better soon.

Vette
06-20-2005, 07:12 PM
I know how you feel. when Kirby came down with the dog version of AIDS it scared the crap out of me and was very heart breaking thing to see. he hardly had any engery at all.

i forgot the name of what he had... but it was just like the human version of aids... his body wasnt making enough red blood cells.

the vets gave us some kind of steriod pills to give him ever 3 hours or something like that for two weeks. :eek: then as time passed on he was eased back off the pills. that was two or three years ago now.

paws and fingers crossed that your boy gets better *hugs*

Ginger's Mom
06-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Poor Fritz. You just rest up if that is what you need to do to get well, Fritzy. We are all hoping to see you back to your smiling self real soon.

captain
06-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Get Well Soon, Sweetheart!!!

Bigyummydog
06-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Hugs and kisses, FRITZ. We're thinking about you. Get better soon....:)

anna_66
06-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Fritz I hope the meds are working and your feeling better this morning{{{HUGS}}}

beeniesmom
06-21-2005, 10:01 AM
:( hope he feels better soon!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-21-2005, 10:09 AM
poor little Fritz.....hope to see your smiling face again soon

Muddy4paws
06-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Get well soon Fritz :( We want to see plenty of Happy fritz photos once your well again!

My Peanuts
06-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Poor Fritz, I hope he gets well soon. Prayers are on the way.

gemini9961
06-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Awww Fritz I do hope to hear that you are feeling a teeny wit better and continue to keep getting better.