PDA

View Full Version : Sigh... Poor Angeleyes.

catnapper
06-20-2005, 01:56 PM
I was SO sure she'd get her cast off today. I know nothing........ Angeleyes needs surgery on her leg. There is absolutely NO new bone growth. None. They want to operate and put a metal plate on her leg to tie the two halves together. Of course the vet looked at me and was thinking its MY fault (he's the one who politely accused me of starving her last week) she REFUSES to eat kitten food. I've tried as many different flavors and brands as my meager budget allowed - she only wants what the big guys are eating. I even tried mixing the kitten kibble in with it. She spits it out, and then Pouncer comes along and east the kitten kibble later.

Just put a sign over my door that says "kitten recovery clinic" Poor Flutter with her possible leg surgery. Poor Angeleyes with her definate leg surgery.

How can I go through surgery and another month of healing with her and let her go? Darnnit! There's NO WAY I can have 6, 7, or would it be 8 cats? I lost count!!!!!

DogLover9501
06-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh (((Kim))),
I'm so sorry to hear that Angeleyes needs to have surgery :( Poor girl!

Also I can't believe that vet accused you of starving her :eek: I hope she starts eating more!

Oh, and does this mean Angeleyes could be staying??? ;)

furrykidsmother
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Poor little Angeleyes! I am sorry that she will have to have surgery. If she won't eat the kitten food, maybe she could have some of the big kid food mixed with a little kitten formula to help balance the nutrients. Sounds like she will become # 7 or 8 is it? Best of luck and let us know what happens.

jenluckenbach
06-20-2005, 03:38 PM
WOW! I can't believe her leg is not healing. How awful. :(

Have you tried mixing canned food in with the kitten dry? Mix it well so in order to get the canned she would have to eat the dry.

Could her lack of bone growth be related to lack of weight gain? (the reason why you were accused of starving her?) I wonder if they thought of that?

DJFyrewolf36
06-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Poor little girl!! I hope she gets to feeling better soon, and EATS!
Don't stress out your meowme, Angeleyes!!

Killearn Kitties
06-20-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear that poor Angeleyes has to have surgery. What a shame. Eat up, baby girl!

AlleyCat
06-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
Oh, and does this mean Angeleyes could be staying??? ;)

Oh, the hope that goes on here at PT !!! You are fast being outnumbered by all those that want you to keep Angeleyes :) Look at how you were convinced to keep Flutter !!

Poor Angeleyes that her leg isn't healing - I think you should do the surgery if you can afford it, and then keep her !! What's one more? :) Have you asked your vet (or consider seeing a different vet since this one accused you of starving her - what nerve of them :mad: ) if they'll give you a break in her surgery costs?

chocolatepuppy
06-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Poor Angeleyes. :( Poor you. :( I hope things work out for you and your kittys, both Angeleyes and Flutter.

krazyaboutkatz
06-20-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Angeleyes is going to need surgery and that Flutter will possibly need surgery.:( Hopefully you'll find a new kitten food or a better mixture that Angeleyes will enjoy eating. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Laura's Babies
06-20-2005, 06:37 PM
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, EIGHT

"llll"
"llll"

LOOK what a good match that is, a even number. Then everybody will have a partner to cozy up to on a cold night!

(I would probably be up to 8 if I didn't work like I do!)

catmandu
06-20-2005, 07:54 PM
NONE,OF MY TWO RECENT KITTENS,HAVE EATEN THE KITTEN FOOD,EITHER,SO I JUST GAVE UP.AND LET SCRAPPY 2,AND POUNCETTE EAT,WHAT THEY WILL.
ODDLY CHARCOAL,WAS VERY FOND,OF THE KITTEN FOOD,AND ATE IT ALL,UP.
CATS.
AND WE ARE PRAYING,FOR ANGEL EYES,AND I WOULD NEVER GO,TO A VET,THAT EVEN GSUGGESTED,THAT I WAS SO NEGLIENT,AS TO STARVE,A CAT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture113.jpg

momcat
06-20-2005, 08:11 PM
It's so sad to hear that sweet little Angeleyes needs surgery. How dare that vet accuse you of starving her! Shows you what he knows. There's got to be a reason why she won't eat and I'm surprised the vet didn't offer some options. Guess he was too busy jumping to unfounded conclusions! Would you consider seeing another vet for a second opinion? Maybe, just maybe there's a better solution to her little leg problem than surgery. Prayers being prayed for Angeleyes and Flutter. Such lucky little kitties having you for their Meowmie!

rg_girlca
06-20-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that precious little Angeleyes has to have surgery. Poor widdle baby.
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you, Angeleyes and Flutter.

Did they say when she will have to have the surgery?