PDA

View Full Version : How to Sell my Wedding Ring??

NoahsMommy
06-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Anyone have any ideas on how to sell my wedding ring? I'd like to put that money in savings and I'd like to do it fairly quickly so its over and done with.

How do I do that? Any ideas?

dukedogsmom
06-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Ebay is the way to go! That's what I'd do. You might want to get it appraised first, though. That way you'd have proof of what you were selling. A lot of people don't, though.

PJ's Mom
06-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Ditto what Val said. Get an appraisal and sell it on Ebay. :)

furrykidsmother
06-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Yes, I agree! Ebay is the way to go, just make sure you put a reserve on it so you get at least what you want for it and if you get more that's great!

moosmom
06-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Val's right, ebay is the way to go. Make sure you get an appraisal for your rings so you don't cheat yourself. Then just put a "reserve" on it, as to how much you'll accept for it. I think you'll be surprized. Take a picture of the set too. People like to see what they're bidding on.

Good luck sweetie!!

sirrahbed
06-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Ebay!!! Ditto on the reserve and pics:D

shais_mom
06-20-2005, 12:32 PM
ditto

lbaker
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
If it's just a plain gold band don't expect too much. Pawnshops have tons of them. If, however, it's a nice set with maybe a gem or two it could be a rather nice chunk of change so an appraisal for sure. From my *yuck shudder* first marriage I just threw mine into the ocean but knowing him it was probably made of tin anyway ;) :rolleyes:

kuhio98
06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Kelly ~ I don't know anything about selling jewelry, so maybe eBay is the way to go. But, I do support your idea of selling it. I think it makes total, practical sense to sell it and invest the money in your future. When my sister got divorced, I was shocked when she told me that she had taken the ring and thrown it as far as she could into Puget Sound! Her ring would have been a great down payment on a car or a couple of mortgage payments. She said that the ring was "bad karma" and she would feel bad if she sold it to some "unsuspecting" couple. That their future would be doomed.

Geez.. I tried not to roll my eyes. She was so emotional about it. I say, sell that sucker and use that money for a nice financial cushion for the future.

carole
06-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Kelly I don't think the value of second hand jewellery is worth much, well at least not in my country, maybe it would be better to get the ring made into a piece of jewellery that you would like to wear, just a thought, I remember selling my first engagement ring and wedding ring, I only got enough to buy a meal out, the 2nd engagement ring I have kept, as it was worth a lot more, and I am going to use it and my eternity ring and get a nice piece of jewellery made out of it, perhaps another ring or necklace.

I don't know what your ring is worth, but what you would be likely to get back,probably won't be that much.