PDA

View Full Version : Catnip

PJ's Mom
06-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Do your cats like catnip? Barclay can sniff it and walk away which is quite disappointing, but Pumpkin will roll in it, drool and get a glassy look in her eyes, and of course, that is fun to watch. :D

Do you have any cats immune to catnip or any that go really crazy with it?

Glacier
06-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Twicket doesn't respond to nip at all, but he turns into a kitten with a honeysuckle toy. Felicia likes both honeysuckle and nip. The rest of them enjoy a good nip party. Onyx has a problem and should go to nipaholics anonymous!

orangemm
06-20-2005, 04:53 AM
I've never had a cat who didn't like 'nip, but as kittens it didn't do anything for them. Must be an acquired taste.

As soon as I get the container out of the drawer, they start meowing like mad!

Summer Magic
06-20-2005, 07:03 AM
Bailely-Jane doesn't react to the dried catnip at all. But I planted some in my garden area this year and bring in fresh leaves at least three times a week. OYE VEY......... She goes nuts!

King Spartacus
06-20-2005, 07:06 AM
I'm not allowed so have any more catnip... *sobs*
Mamma claims it makes me aggressive... OK... so it might make me a bit frisky... but starting biting, scratching and getting a maniac look doesn't really make me aggressive... does it? *picking out human flesh from teeth*

catnapper
06-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Pouncer is an addict. Allen will occasionally sniff it, perhaps once a year roll in it. Harry and Abby are good nippers... and Flutter? She's a catnip MONSTER! She just LOVES nip. I've never seen anything like it!

catmandu
06-20-2005, 08:15 AM
ITS FUNNY,AS THE MEEZERS,DO NOT LIKE CAT NIP,AT ALL.
AND FOR THE MOST PART,THE OTHER CATS,AND THE STARRY CATS,LOVE IT,OR AT LEAST,ARE ATTRACTED TO IT.
THE PORCH STRAYS,REALLY LOVE,IT SCRATCHY ROLLS AROUND,LIKE A KITTEN,AND ALWAYS,WANTS MORE,MORE ,MORE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/MRFLUFFY.jpg

AS DID MR FLUFFY,WHEN,HE WAS WITH ME,ALL THOSE YEARS AGO.

PJ's Mom
06-20-2005, 09:28 AM
I wonder why some cats like it and some don't. I wish there was a way to make all cats love it. ;)

catcrazylady
06-20-2005, 09:29 AM
If I buy nip that is old only a few of my cats will mess with it, but if I get some good fresh green stuff then all twelve go nuts!!!:rolleyes: :D :D

sirrahbed
06-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Emily is my only kitty who does not like nip at all. Robbie is slightly interested. But, Lizzie, Dylan and Eliot go nuts and are so funny to watch!!!

I also keep it growing fresh in the garden and they prefer that. When I buy nip, I don't know if it is not fresh or what - but they barely react to the stuff I buy in the pet department. I have learned what is MOST REACTIVE is dried loose tea for humans - I buy this at the health food store in bulk. It is *Wonderful*!!! Best nip I have found and they love it as much as the fresh:D

I read an article about cats and nip that said there was a percentage of cats that do not react at all, some breeds that rarely react and it could be why Gary's meezers do not care for it. The article also said that kittens will not react until they are older.

PJ's Mom
06-20-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm going to Petsmart today and I'll try to get some fresh stuff. Maybe I'll get more of a reaction. :D