PDA

View Full Version : Had to rush Jade to the vet last night

doolittleky
06-18-2005, 05:11 PM
It was just about time to feed the fur gang last night and I was on the phone with my mom and looked down at Jade and she just didn't look right, I reached down to pet her and she went into this huge seizure. I hung up on my mom and rushed her into the kitchen to give her some karo syrup. Now I know better than this but when this happens I freak out and scared to death they will die. So instead of using a syringe to put karo in which I have tried before and it is so thick that it doen't work real well I was putting it on my finger and I do know better than this, once my finger was in her mouth it got bit. So now I am dripping blood all over the place still freaking out, trying to call the vet and get to dogs put up so I can go to the vet with Jade. As you guessed things aren't going to well. Gracie won't stop barking so I run back inside to get her to take her with me so the neighbors won't complain about her barking so late at night. I fly to the vet, the vet is in with another emergency so I drop her off and they will call when the vet has seen her. I pull up at home and the phone rings, the vet saying they gave her sugar water that her BG was only 36. So I called today and they said they did a bg today after having no insulin last night and it was 250 which is high. So they will recheck in 8 hours and to call back to see if she gets to go home. So pretty soon I have to call about her. Anyway, when I got home from the vet I fed the fur gang gave the meds and shots and then went to Ivy's and did him. i called the hospital to see what i should do about my index finger that was throbbing and swollen twice it normal size. they said i needed to be seen. So once again at 12 at night I am off, taking Gracie the barking dog with me. So the er doc gave me pain meds and antibiotics and said if not better in 48 hours to see my doc. Today it is still very swollen and painful and red.
Melissa

kittycats_delight
06-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Oh wow Melissa, I am sooo sorry. I hope Jade will be ok and they get those levels under control. Poor little baby. Keep us posted.

NoahsMommy
06-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Oh my...what a chaotic night you had!!

I hope you and Jade feel better soon. Be careful with that bite and make sure to see your doctor soon, honey.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

catmandu
06-18-2005, 06:12 PM
WE ARE PRAYING,THAT BOTH YOU,AND JADE,ARE BETTER SOON.AND THAT YOU BOTH RECOVER,FROM THAT AWFUL NIGHT.PRAYERS,FOR YOU BOTH,TO RECOVER,VERY,VERY SOON.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture463.jpg