PDA

View Full Version : Sexually Active Neutered Cat?

SammyCat
06-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Hello everybody!!

I have a 4 year old male cat (Hercules) and he was nutered when he was around 2 years old. I didn't know then but I know now that 2 years is very late. Anyways my question is.. I hear people say that after a cat is nutered it stays inside the house more often and goes outside rarely.. but this isnt the case with my cat. My nutered male cat always goes outside, the only time he is inside is when he needs to eat or sleep.

Could it be that he is sexually active? I don't know how it works with nutered cats.

Please help. Thank you.

DogLover9501
06-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Can you always see your cat when he is outside? Does he stay around the yard?

My male cat, Tigger, is allowed outside(only during the day), but he never leaves the yard. He also loves it outside, and wants to be out whenever it's warm, but I know that he's always just in the yard.

I wouldn't worry about anything unless your cat is leaving the yard, or is gone for long periods of time. I'm not even sure if fixed cats are ever sexually active.

What does he do if you do not let him outside?

Also, welcome to PT!

Don Juan's mom
06-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Don Juan was neutered when he was about 18 months old (at the time I adopted him from the Humane Society). Since I got Zerlina, he sure has TRIED to be sexually active. :D (She is spayed.) But, it just turns into a kitteny wrestling match. :rolleyes:

Liz

SammyCat
06-18-2005, 03:53 PM
thanks for the welcome :) You know, he does stay in the yard but not for long, he goes across the street and I can't see him. Also.. he like to be out side as much as possible, he even likes to go out at 10PM he just goes to the door and makes all these cat noises until I let him out, I just don't understand

SammyCat
06-18-2005, 03:54 PM
I also forgot one thing, in the winter when it;s cold, he likes to go out regardless of wheather

DogLover9501
06-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Have you ever tried to just keep him inside(all the time)?

I don't think I would let Tigger outside at all if he went across the street, or out of the yard.

catmandu
06-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Cats,that are neutered later,in life,will try,to be Sexual,but there is no ammunition,for The Love Gun.Unless,as occasionally happens,the neutering,didnt work,A Tell Tale sign,is that,if he sprays,around the house,and PU,it stinks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture463.jpg

smokey the elder
06-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Bubba *tried* to be active with my foster Raven who went through false heat after being spayed. I've heard of even same-sex cats mimicking "doing it".

SammyCat
06-20-2005, 10:22 AM
yeah i try keeping him inside the house but he just looks miserable and sad, so i let him outside, he doesn't smell though

cubby31682
06-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Cubby was fixed at 6 months old. He still tries to "perform". Cubby also loves being outside. He knows now that the only place he is allowed out is at the back door. We have a fenced in back yard, so he can't leave the yard. :) Cubby is a big wuss, he is afraid of almost anything. If Cubby is sitting by the back door crying to go out and throw and furry little mouse his way. Just to get his attention away from the door. :)