PDA

View Full Version : How can I be sure........

mruffruff
06-18-2005, 08:54 AM
I recently took a neighbor's male cat to the vet for neutering. I assumed that the operation was a success. He didn't act very much like he had undergone surgery, but I thought he must have been done early in the day. I dropped him off at 8 and picked him up at 4:30.

He came to visit again this morning. He still seems to have a "full package" back there. Don't they usually shrink? I'd hate to think I paid for something I didn't get. I really trust my vet, but I'm a little concerned that this guy got missed on the surgery schedule.

Am I being paranoid?

Mary

catmandu
06-18-2005, 09:00 AM
I DONT THINK,THAT THEY SHRINK,ROGHT AWAY.KEEP AN EYE,ON HIM,AND SEE IF HE SPRAYS.IF HE DOES,THEN A MISTAKE,HAS BEEN MADE.
OR CALL THE VET,AND HAVE HIM,CHECK,YOUR CAT OUT,TO MAKE SURE.
YOU DONT WANT HIM ,SATRTING SPRAYING,AND THAT IS SO HARD,TO STOP,ONCE IT STARTS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos934.jpg

janelle
06-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Didn't your vet say to confine him for a few days because of the pain? My Simon wasn't up to running around but your kitty may still be swollen from the surgery.

I know Simon was in pain when I finally let him have free range of the house. He went up and down the steps too many times and that night couldn't put his legs together. He laid on the bed with one leg in the air. Poor baby. I had to prop his leg on a pillow.

Is your kitty showing any signs of the operation?

catnapper
06-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Depends on how old he was. If he was older, then the size of them really don't shrink that much because of the level of hormones that "built" them. If he was younger, then they shrink to almost nothing. Also they might be rather swollen still.

mruffruff
06-18-2005, 03:27 PM
He was at the vet's on June 7th and never swelled or even walked funny. He spent the night in a carrier, but since he is my neighbor's cat and this was an unauthorized visit, I didn't keep him inside past the next morning. He (and all the other cats I've had spayed or neutered) took off in a hurry. He doesn't seem to be swelled up, just very hard. Yes, he let me touch.

He's not more than a year old.

I'm not even sure where the stitches would have been. I didn't see any in back when I brought him home. Just assumed they were underneath.

Kinda hard to keep track of him when he only shows up occasionally.

Mary

NoahsMommy
06-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I think it depends on age...and uh..usage. :o

Micah was a breeder cat before I got him and while he was neutered, he still has little...uh...cotton balls...back there.

catmandu
06-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I OVERHEARD,NUGGETS LITTLE GIRL HUMAN,THE ONLY ONE,THAT HE CARES,FOR,AS LUCKY,REFER,TO THEM,AS HIS POM POMS.SIS BOOM BAH!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture463.jpg

POUNCETTE,ALL ALONE.