PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for our friend K9Karen please

Pam
06-18-2005, 06:47 AM
As many of you know, our K9Karen has just had major back surgery on June 7th. She also has been caring for her mom who has been very sick for several years now. It is with much sadness that I tell you all that Karen's mom passed away this morning at 2:37 AM. Karen was with her and had been laying in the bed next to her, as she is still recovering from her own extensive surgery. I know she would welcome prayers at this time. She has had so many losses in the few years that I have known her (her dad, her beloved Cody and now her mom). On top of it all she is trying to recover from her own surgery. Please, remember Karen in your prayers and keep her in your thoughts. Thank you.

finn's mom
06-18-2005, 06:52 AM
oh, my. i'll be thinking of her and entire family. what a heartbreaking time it's been for her. :(

Rachel
06-18-2005, 07:18 AM
Karen, my heart goes out to you during this time of grief. You have been generous in sharing your life with us and now we share the enormity of your loss.

The Door That Never Closes

There's a door that never closes,
though it opens but one way-
It's the door that leads to Heaven
at the end of life's long day.
It's the threshold of forever
where the heart is always glad,

It's a respite for the weary
and a comfort for the sad.
It's the door to peace and healing
and the door to joy and grace
Where the Master greets each quest by name
and with a warm embrace.

And the loved ones who pass through
into the light that's shining there
Find a sweet and perfect home
within our Father's loving care.

r.haas

KYS
06-18-2005, 07:45 AM
It is so hard to loose a loved one especially a mother.
She is in a better place and no longer sick nor in pain.
When my family has dreams about my mother, we
believe she is visiting us and always with us.

(((HUGS)))

karen

Logan
06-18-2005, 08:11 AM
My dear friend, I feel as if I am traveling the wrong way today, leaving to go east, rather than northward to be with you. :(

My love and prayers are with you as you heal from your injuries and your loss. :( I'm only a phone call away.

Love,
Logan

neko1
06-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Oh no! How sad, my prayers and deepest condolences to her.

Barbara
06-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Karen I send you my best thoughts in these hard times. I am so sorry for you.

Randi
06-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry you have lost your mother, it is one the hardest things in life. :( I have lost both of my parents, and recently John, so I know what you're going though. My thoughts are with you in this sad time.

Many hugs to you!

Cookiebaker
06-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Dearest Karen, I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. I cannot imagine the pain that you must be feeling. I will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayer!

{Hugs}

Karen
06-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Oh, Karen, you are in our prayers. I know your mom has struggled with her health for a long time, and that this may be a moment of very mixed emotions for you; relief that her battles are over at last, and greif that she is no longer with you. I am sure Cody and your Dad and she are having a wonderful reunion, but we and K-Lo are here for you, and you will remain in our prayers throughout this difficult time.

anna_66
06-18-2005, 09:13 AM
It's all I can do to keep from crying right now. Karen has went through so much here lately:(

When you talk to her please let her know she is in my thoughts and prayers.

slick
06-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Thank you for posting this Pam.

Karen, I know the pain of losing a parent and my heart breaks for you right now. Please know that there is a special place in my heart for you and your family, and your Mom will never leave your side. She will watch over you forever.

I pray that eventually you will find peace and have the strength to heal yourself.

{{{hugs}}}
slick xo

K9soul
06-18-2005, 09:20 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Karen :(.

lizbud
06-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Dear Karen,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. I'm glad you were able
to be with her before she passed on. She surely has earned her
rest & a beautiful place in heaven. My heart goes out to you at
this sad time. Many tender hugs. {{Hugs}} Liz.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-18-2005, 09:40 AM
I am so sorry to hear this.
(((( HUGS!!!))))

ChrisH
06-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Oh, Karen, I am so sorry. {{big hugs}} I wiil be keeping you in my prayers.

Chris

dukedogsmom
06-18-2005, 10:06 AM
It's so sad to hear about her mother. I knew how much she was going through. Life is so unfair sometimes. Karen, I am so very sorry. There's nothing really we can say to make the pain go away. We're all here for you.

gini
06-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Dear Karen, I was so sorry to hear of the untimely passing of your Mother.

Just when you think you can handle no more - God gives you another task - to deal with the grief of your loss.

Please comfort yourself in the fact that you were an outstanding daughter and gave your Mom such good care.

You have my prayers.

Cincy'sMom
06-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Karen, I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

wolflady
06-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. Prayers are on the way during this difficult time.

*****hugs*****
Karen

sandragonfly
06-18-2005, 02:00 PM
:( of course, anything for her. hate to see anybody being in this situation.

I'm so very sorry you had to be in the bed while your mother's dying. I think that's a very rare tradegy.. hugs you much!

no rush but hope to hear from you again soon, I'd be much happier to see you again! hang in there, this site is hanging around you.. xo,

~ gina (& her ark)

jackiesdaisy
06-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Karen, dear friend, you have our deepest sympathies in the loss
of your Mother. You have been such a wonderful daughter to her and I'm sure she is looking down and smiling, she is free from the pain and will be watching your progress as you heal from your surgery and please take care of yourself at this difficult time.
Again our deepest Sympathies.
Jackie, Don, Perry and Daisy

Bigyummydog
06-18-2005, 02:25 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/36_1_67.gif

Sending good thoughts your way. So sorry.

AmberLee
06-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Karen,

Thinking of you and holding you in our prayers... {{{big, gentle hugs}}}

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2005, 02:40 PM
:(
Lots of prayers on the way from me too!

K9karen
06-18-2005, 10:38 PM
I thought I'd look at PT to get my mind off things, and was surprised to see this thread. Thanks so much, Pam.
Have not slept since Thursday. Thank God, for my parents' infinite wisdom by prearranging all details years in advance to take the burden off my brother and I. Except for phone calls and some minor things, we've been walking around in a daze all day. None of us can seem to settle down for long. Sweet Klo in HER infinite canine wisdom has determined that I need her constant attention and companionship, complete with snuggles and whimpers and loving stares. Quite amazing and beautiful. It easily starts me crying again. My little darling.
In an effort to comfort my mother in her last agonizing moments, I bent over her and pulled a muscle in my hip and injured my back. It took me over an hour to realize I couldn't stand up, even with a walker. That said, I no longer give a hoot about my obsession with keeping the house clean and ready for her return, cooking or caring for anyone else but myself so I can try to heal physically, emotionally and mentally. I will talk to my lawyer regarding my mother's inept nursing home care during the last 2 weeks. Her time may have been up, but her last few days of torment could have been avoided. I will reclaim her dignity if it's the last thing I do.
After 54 years of being with her, my mind only repeats her last few minutes. It's like a nightmare. I will need counseling. She was doing okay before I had my surgery. She was so concerned. She will never get to physically see me well again.
Thank God we always, always, in our family ended our days with kisses and I love you. We had our moments but were quite a team. I'll never be the same.

popcornbird
06-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Oh Karen, I am so very sorry to hear of your great loss. :(

{{{hugs}}}

Corinna
06-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Karen I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you wanted her back home. {{HUG}}X 1000 Prayers for you and your health and quick recovery. If I can be of any help please call or e-mail.

slick
06-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Karen.....my tears are flowing as I type this. :( :( :( I can't imagine what you must be going through at a time like this.

{{{hugs}}} to you and I will come back later to respond again. My heart is hurting for you too much right now.

shais_mom
06-18-2005, 11:43 PM
prayers - hugs- and love sent Karen's way

NoahsMommy
06-18-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm so sorry, Karen. :(

Hugs, Kelly

Oggyflute
06-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry for your loss, best thoughts nad wishes to you and your family.

Killearn Kitties
06-19-2005, 06:22 AM
Karen, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Cataholic
06-19-2005, 07:18 AM
I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother. That you were there for her til the end, and in the end, says alot about you. Please take extra special care of yourself, Karen.

Hugs,
Johanna

*LabLoverKEB*
06-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Karen, you have my deepest sympathies for your loss. I am truly sorry. What a horrible shame this is. I too, give you a [[[[[big gentle hug]]]]] Best wishes,

Sarah and Sadie May