PDA

View Full Version : one year ago June 17th...

Nomilynn
06-18-2005, 05:23 AM
I just reopened this thread..

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51463&perpage=15&highlight=bassett&pagenumber=1

and instead of reading all the replies with heartache I did so with a fond smile. I still get choked up when I talk about her to people, but I don't expect or even want that to ever change.

She is with me all the time. Sometimes I will be sitting in the quiet and I hear a bell jingling.. and Tilly and Nutmeg both become alert and look toward the sound, and I know she is there. I have heard her call to me, and all I say is "hi Bassett" and it is quiet again but I'm left with a memory that makes me smile. Sometimes I will see her walk by a doorway or into the room and I'll blink and look back and there is nothing there, but I know she is around. Sometimes I will blink and there is Nutmeg.. and ever since Bassett died Nutmeg has taken on so many of her traits it's uncanny (minus the peeing.. I thank you for that sweet spirit ;)). I remember on the night before my first day of vet assistant course I was just climbing into bed and I heard her, or felt her walk across my legs in bed.. can't remember exactly but she was there, and I thanked her for being my inspriation. She continues to be every day.. my reminder of why I do what I do and why I am passionate about it even when it seems so hard. And to this day I still have no regrets.

++++++++++++++

Well my sweet girl, you have had one year of peace and comfort. I hope you are enjoying your time up there. Maybe you have met some other PT angels and have made new friends. Please try hard not to pee on them.. I know you want to but, in heaven you should be on your best behaviour. I miss you every day. Sometimes I pick up your shadowbox frame and shake it just to be reminded of the sound of your bell.

You must know I'm doing this.. I just heard you jingling by.

I love you still, I love you best, and one day I will meet you with open arms. Until then, thank you for being my angel.

Love,
Mama.

catmandu
06-18-2005, 05:29 PM
THAT IS SUCH A TOUCHING LETTE.I TOO BELEIVE,TAHT MY ANGEL CATS,ARE WITH ME.POUNCER,MR.SCRAPPY,MR.FLUFFY,ORANGE BLOSSOM,TIGER,MUNCHKIN,TOM,KARINA,GEM,SMOKEY,SMOKE ,AND YESTERDAY CHARCOAL,WERE MY FRIENDS,ARE MY FRIENDS,AND WHILE THEY MAY BE GONE PHYSICALLY,THIER SPIRITS,ARE STILL THERE MUCH,WITH ME,AND THE CAT FRIENDS,THAT THEY STILL VISIT,AND TELL THEM,WHAT IS GOING ON,AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.
AND BARRETT,IS THIER PAL,TOO,AND TONIGHT,THEY ARE ALL GOING,TO THE PET ANGEL ALL NIGHT PARTY,AT THE PET ANGEL DRIVE IN,WHERE THEY ARE SHOWING FELIX,THE CAT,LASSIE FLIPPER,AND BABE.

slick
06-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Nomi, what a wonderful tribute to such a sweet tortie girl. I still have her picture up on my wall of fame at work.

Bassett, I hope you are enjoying your time at the RB. Thanks for keeping watch over your Meowmie.

zippy-kat
06-18-2005, 08:24 PM
I have no idea how you keep from crying; I read this and am a complete mess!

{{hugs to you & Bassett}}

NoahsMommy
06-18-2005, 10:36 PM
(((Nom)))

I'm so sorry she's gone, honey.

Hugs,
Kelly

Cataholic
06-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Oh Naomi, what a sweet and loving tribute for the tortie that took us all by storm. I can see Bassett so clearly through your words. I know the days are easier now, by some, and the memories bring you comfort. I, too, cried as I read this.

Love,
Johanna

anna_66
06-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Naomi, I just couldn't help but get all teary eyed as I read your post.

I remember just how much you went through with Bassett, and I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way.

I know she's watching over her mommy and always will be.

{{{HUGS}}}
Anna

Kater
06-22-2005, 03:24 AM
She continues to be every day.. my reminder of why I do what I do and why I am passionate about it even when it seems so hard.
Naomi, this part is where I just lost it. It's so amazing to see you turn this pain into such a passion and one that helps animals nonetheless. You really inspire me. :)
I know you miss your baby girl terribly, but I'm so delighted to hear that she jingles by now and then. She'll never be far.

{{{HUGS}}} to you on this difficult anniversary.

catlover4ever
06-22-2005, 11:07 AM
What a beautiful rememberance of Bassett. Her spirt is truely with you and always will be. I'm positive she is in good company with all of our beloved fur-family.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-22-2005, 12:27 PM
What a beautiful tribute!! It has very much touched my heart too :) . Next month it will be 3 years since my Sydney went to the RB. I hope that Bassett is his best friend :)

captain
06-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Naomi,

What a beautiful post. I was thinking of you over the weekend, when I was looking through some of my old PT Christmas cards.

{{{hugs}}}

wolf_Q
06-29-2005, 05:38 PM
What a beautiful tribute, Naomi. I will never forget Bassett, I know she was a very special cat. I love that picture of you with her. :)

rosethecopycat
06-29-2005, 05:47 PM
We surely remember sweet Bassett too.
I'm glad she remains close to you.
There are some connections that transcend this world.

lynnestankard
07-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Sorry to be so late Naomi.

This brought back a *whoosh* of memories of beautiful Bassett - I'm so pleased your very special fur lady is watching over her dearly loved Meowmie - {{{Hugs}}}} across the miles xxxxxxx

Lynne