PDA

View Full Version : Wow I can't believe I finally got the courage to...

Cookiebaker
06-17-2005, 09:08 PM
...get my ears pierced! I've never had them done before in my life, and I finally took the big step! I have mini diamond studs to start with, and in 6 weeks can change them to something else! I know I'm a dork, but I'm so excited! :D

flamepony12
06-17-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm sure it looks great! ^_^ Oh, did it hurt though? I'm such a pain woos >.<

NoahsMommy
06-17-2005, 09:14 PM
YAY!!! Congrats!!

My mom got her's done for the first time at 40! :)

I got mine done after she was so brave....they closed up, so I had them re-pierced and I fainted in the mall!! :o :o :o

Enjoy! I bet they look great!

finn's mom
06-17-2005, 09:16 PM
That's not dorky, that's a huge deal! Good for you! :) I felt silly when I got my belly button done....I went with my 18-year-old friend who already had hers, and, several ear piercings, a tongue piercing and a tattoo, and, all I had was one in each ear! :) It's different for everyone.

Cookiebaker
06-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Oh, did it hurt though?

Actually, no! I think I was more afraid of the fear of pain, and it just throbbed for a few minutes after. After that, it's been totally fine. I'm a little squeamish to try and turn them tonight, but I will clean them tonight.

Yikes, NM, you fainted? I can understand that though because I was watching someone in Walmart once get theirs done, and I went woozy at the sight of it. And it wasn't even happening to me! :o

NoahsMommy
06-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Yikes, NM, you fainted?
Yes! And the LAME part is, it was the SECOND time I had them done!! You'd think it would have been no big deal!

I just have my belly button and nose done last month..at the same time and they were truly no big deal. :)

gemini9961
06-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Good for you. I have mine pierced 3 times. I had them done a while ago though. It doesn't hurt too bad, it's so quick. Just keep em clean and turning them.

popcornbird
06-17-2005, 09:54 PM
That's great! Earings look sooo lovely. I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby, so I don't remember anything. LOL! Congrats. :D

Uabassoon
06-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby, so I don't remember anything. LOL!

Me too! I'm glad I don't remember it, I think I would have been traumitized!

Karen
06-17-2005, 10:28 PM
I worked at an Earring Tree one summer, and the easiest piercing I ever did was a baby girl. She was I think 3 weeks old, and sound asleep. Her mother had had it done when she was a baby, and wanted her daughter to have the same experience, unlike friends who had it done when they were 12 and scared silly. Her mom held her facing forward propped against her, I drew the little dots, got mom's approval and away we went. Did one ear, and the baby made a wee little murmuring noise and then tilted her head so her other ear was clear to do. She never awoke during the whole process. The funniest part was her daddy couldn't bear to watch, and kept his back turned the whole time! ;)

bluekat
06-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Ohh congrats! :D I still need to get mine pierced someday lol:p Argh I wish I wasn't so afraid of pain

binka_nugget
06-18-2005, 03:21 AM
That's awesome! :D

I remember the first needle piercings I got (eyebrow and lip). I would have backed out of it if I didn't have Naomi meeting up with me at the shop. And now I go get pierced when I'm bored LOL.

carole
06-18-2005, 04:00 AM
Hey good on you, you will love all the choice you now have of earings, there are some real pretty ones around, I was older too 18 when I had mine done, and to be perfectly honest, it did not hurt that much when it was done, but they throbbed for hours afterwards, either I am a sook or I have super sensitive ears , who knows lol, but I won't be getting any more done that's for sure.

chocolatepuppy
06-18-2005, 05:45 AM
I got my ears pierced when I was 28. Only to find out I can't wear earrings. :( I tried everything too, but no luck.

Pam
06-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Anna now hubby will have no excuses for not knowing what to get you for your birthday, Christmas, etc.! EARRINGS! ;) I had mine done when I was about 20 and had a second hole done at the same time as my daughter when she was having her first hole done. Oprah had hers done on TV recently and she was a real wimpy! LOL!

slick
06-18-2005, 09:57 AM
I got mine done for my 40th birthday. I was so scared of the pain that I got my two neices to come with me and hold my hands. :o The place where I got them done did both ears at the same time and it was really no big deal at all.

I've got a whole wack of earrings to wear, but hardly ever do. I stick in some studs every once in a while to make sure the hole doesn't close up.

So, where's the pictures??;)

Anita Cholaine
06-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
That's great! Earings look sooo lovely. I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby, so I don't remember anything. LOL! Congrats. :D

Me too! Its great not to remember it....but if I had to pierce my ears now, I would be so afraid.....so, good for you!!

janelle
06-18-2005, 11:54 AM
I had mine done in my forties. I told my hubby there was no sense to have pierced ears when I had no diamonds. The only way to protect those earrings is to pierce so they won't fall off and get lost. Well you know what he had to do, he bought me some diamond earrings. I reall wasn't hinting just stalling not to get them pierced. LOL

Well about six months later when I could stall no longer I got them pierced. Only hurts for a second when they punch the hole. I wore the pierced ones until I could take them out. Then I only wore pierced ones sometimes so each time they had to be pushed in to break the skin again. YUCK

The finally grew back and I had to have them pierced again at the beauty salon. So I paid twice. This time they seem to be staying open but I still do not wear earrings all the time. I take them out to shower and forget to put them back in.

MariaM
06-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I got mine done almost two years ago. It didn't hurt at all. I can't wait to get my belly button done, but I will have to. I plan on getting the belly button, 2 holes in each ear (I have one in each right now) and then a cartilage piercing. Maybe tongue too! Though I think that would be the scariest one for me. I don't think I would ever get too nervous for any, except the tongue. I could go and get myself all worried if I wanted to, but I usually just relax and let it happen.

When we used to get needles in school, I would always try my best to relax and get it over with. My friend however got so nervous, she hated them so much. If you were real tense they hurt FOREVER afterwards, really painful.

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Awesome!!:D I just got my ears pierced a couple years ago when I was 13, and I love it! To me, it just felt like staples going into my ears...:)

shais_mom
06-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
YAY!!! Congrats!!

My mom got her's done for the first time at 40! :)

I got mine done after she was so brave....they closed up, so I had them re-pierced and I fainted in the mall!! :o :o :o

Enjoy! I bet they look great!

My grandma that has passed has her beat, Kel - she was 65!!!
She just kept saying "this silly old woman getting holes in her ears"

LauraT7
06-19-2005, 04:13 AM
I had mine done when I was 15 - my mom thought pierced ears were dumb ( and in the 70's, ear lobes were ALL we pierced! LOL!) and would have stopped me if she knew.... She used to say 'If God had intended people to have holes in their heads, He would'a put 'em there Himself!"

Mom is EXTREMEMLY conservative and very opinionated (even more so, now that she's 81! LOL)

but I went to the mall with a friend, and paid for it myself - she didn't know. I had long hair, and managed to hide my ears from her for a week or so before she finally noticed. She made alot of comments, like "they're gonna get infected" or "you're going to catch an earring on something and tear your ear!" but she didn't make me take the studs out! I learned fairly quickly that I was allergic to cheap metals and with my sensitive skin, they DID get infected, a number of times over the years (usually from a reaction to the metal in the earrings).

I almost always wear 'wires' or hoops - because if I wear 'button' type earrings, or ones with a large backing, my ears can get a rash again. ( I have REALLY sensitive skin - I can't wear any jewlery tight to my skin, or a watch band tight to my wrist, either - it has to 'breathe' - be a loose band or 'bracelet' type watch)

I did learn, early on, to go back to the original 'studs' periodically, because the posts on those are thicker, and if you use wires or hoops all the time, the hole in your ear gets smaller, and then it streatches and hurts to go back to the large ones or heavier earrings.

I've now had them pierced so long that I don't have to wear earrings all the time, and can actually go for months without wearing them, and the holes don't close.

I don't know if I would do it again - I do like my earrings, and it wasn't that painful ( they used a thing like a staple gun) - But at 45, I certainly don't need to put holes in anything else!

Laura

*LabLoverKEB*
06-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Congrats, Anna! I know it can be a little scary at first, but once it's done with, it done with!!:D I bet they look great!